Anonymous
Years ago

Southern Tigers U/12 Boys

What happen to Kym Jury as coach of the U/12 div 1 boys?
Now Michelle Fisher is coach!

Topic #8948 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are u sure because it was announced he was doing it. What Kym doing now?

Reply #100879 | Report this post

Heath Jury - JCD  
Years ago

This thread can stop in its tracks.

Kim Jury was the U12 coach until various circumstances (family/work/commitment) made him change his mind.
Anything else is opinion only and im sure if he would like to air those opinions he will (he isnt one to hold back).

If ANYONE has aything else to add it had better be from another club, as anyone related to the Tigers can go through myself, Travis Leaver or Brenton Davies.

We all wish Kim well with his further endevours and im sure we will welcome him back when time and enthusiasm permits.

Heath Jury
JCD STBA

Reply #100899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mmm Something has happened, because that is a very aggressive and defensive reply!

I don't see any sniping, I just see a couple of questions wanting an answer.

Reply #100907 | Report this post

Heath Jury - JCD  
Years ago

Im certainly not defensive and dont wish to come across as aggressive.

Kim is a valuable member of the Southern Tigers basketbal club and more importantly my brother, i dont wish this to become a Southern bashing or Jury bashing thread.

After 13 years Kim is entitled to make a decision based on the circumstaces relevant to him.

Heath Jury

Reply #100931 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Dear Anonymous,

Every season coaches at many clubs have been offered coaching roles and then changed or had to un-commit their time - why does Kim warrant special attention on Hoops?

You definitely want to attempt to stir shit when there isn't any to be stirred. How pathetic. Kim has earnt a well-deserved rest.

Reply #101072 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

PS - IMO, Michelle Fisher is more than qualified to coach the team.

Reply #101073 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

come on people they love knifing coaches in the back but im sure they wouldn't dare do it to kim

Reply #102738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Parents run the club. A week before the announcement, he was very keen. Something set him off. Another one bites the dust!

Reply #102866 | Report this post

FT  
Years ago

C'mon! Knifing coaches in the back is practically tradition at Southern.

Reply #102957 | Report this post

McCornflake  
Years ago

i don't think its just a southern speciality. I'm sure other clubs do it just as much.

Reply #103037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly its just that there are many stirrers out there, some associated with the club unfortunately, who just like to Southern bash. It gets boring and I think they should get a life. As for Parents running the club, who else do you expect to run it Anon 102866? Its the volunteers around clubs that keep them going so who else would have a say? If you are associated with Southern have the balls to say something to peoples faces not behind their backs. Build a bridge and get over it, its a new season so lets see how things evolve.

Reply #103042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Parents running the club is great, using it to get your children to Div 1 spots is not. Let the slide continue!

Reply #103307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am on the committee and no my child does not play Div 1. Actually several of the positions are filled by parents of PAST juniors who are interested in keeping the club running. Parents like you are the reason for unrest in clubs- be more transparent and have the guts to actually find out what happens in the club, volunteer your time and if you are unhappy actually do something constructive not what you are doing on this forum. Not that I expect people like you to do that as its your form to keep on sniping.

Reply #103495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh yeah and the Junior Vice President doesn't give his kids a little help does he?

Reply #103516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You obviously have a beef with him, have the balls to put your name to this topic or approach a committe member to air your worries. Maybe also have a look at the teams his kids play in and gee if one of his kids are keeping yours out of a team approach the right people and plee their case. Or if you really think the grass is greener at another club then GO, we dont need the continual bitching.

Reply #103517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 103517

I doubt this guy is from the Club because if he was he would surely know how much the JVP does for the Club on a volunteer basis.

Reply #103520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So that makes it alright to sack coaches who don't put his kids in div 1??

Reply #103576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#103520 So thats make it all right to look after his own kids? Must have been him who put it on. Well said 103576

Reply #103599 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Why dont you so-called "Adults" write a letter to STBC advising them of your complaint.

This used to be, and at most clubs still is standard procedure for people with a grievance.

Grow up.

Southern Tigers Basketball Association Inc.
PO Box 104, Morphett Vale. 5162.

Reply #103750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pickles,

Yeah I am sure that will work. I wonder how many more people need to go until the club works out where the problem is.

Reply #103904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 103904

So besides Kym who this thread was originally about who else has gone!!

Please limit your response to coaches of quality.

Secondly have a look at the current Div 1 Coaches list and I think you will find it is the best the Club has had in a long time. Bar none.

Plus they have some quality coaches in lower Divs as well.

Someone at the Club is doing something right.But maybe your no longer there so would not see it.

Reply #103932 | Report this post

adult  
Years ago

Pickles .. you should try writing a concern and then you would experience "throwing effort after foolishness".

Look at the father daughter div 1 in the girls..... like throwing bambi to the lions, everone can see that.

These tiger bashing threads seem pointless, solution is simple, but sometime you just can't see the forest for the trees.

What is interesting is some of the new coaches look exciting, and dilute the power base of the Tiger norm. will be interesting to see the change in power base...

Look at the committee, and listen to the junior girls..... interesting and concerning comments.

Reply #104333 | Report this post

x's and o's  
Years ago

Correct me if im wrong but the title of the thread is Southern U/12 boys.

Keeping on topic, without mentioning anyones names, how are they doing?
winning? losing?

Does anyone care about making progress anymore?

Adult (#104333)

"What is interesting is some of the new coaches look exciting, and dilute the power base of the Tiger norm. will be interesting to see the change in power base..."

Can you elaborate on this further, it doesnt make any sense to us simple southern folk.

Reply #104343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can honesty say Michelle is a very fair and well repected coach. I have children playing for different clubs & I am extremely happy with their coaches at both their clubs. The Fishers kids get no special treatment at southern at all they have to work their butt off to get in their respective teams. I always will have a soft spot for Southern Suns mainly due to the Fishers & their kids helping my kids to realise their dreams in basketball.

Reply #107416 | Report this post

Sportyboy  
Years ago

Michelle Fisher is probably the best coach Southern Tigers has seen in a long time she coach's under 10's which are doing really well so if you ask me all of you that are having a cry are probably jealous that your kids clubs aren't winning against her strong teams.

Her kids work very hard to get to were they are and were they are going to go in the future.

Michelle has earned her place for div 1 teams and could coach higher aged and skilled people but no instead she works to developing the younger future of kids for the sport of basketball. So if you want your kids to learn the game and play very well bring them along to the tigers and let them learn from a great coach. If you want ill will get you the times of her training sessions.

Ow and by the way her
Under 12's boys are sitting 1st with& 5 Wins 1 losses and 1 Draw
And her under 10 boys are sitting 3rd with& 4 wins 2 losses

Reply #110393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754