achtung baby
Years ago

Michael Zorich a Dragon

It seems the growing toll of players from south australia, that are leaving adelaide to pursue a career in basketball is growing.

As I mentioned almost two months ago now, Michael Zorich was headed off to melbourne to take up an opportunity given to him by the south dragons, that should have been his at the 36ers. For those who saw saturday nights game, Ziggy was in a uniform on the bench for the dragons. Although he did not play, I put a question to people, whether they would rather see another promising junior such as ziggy suiting up for the sixers, or seeing copeland drag his old arse around the court for 25 mins a game and no result.

just ponder?????

Topic #8985 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ninny says he is doing very well also.

Reply #101326 | Report this post

defensive stance  
Years ago

Great to see the Dragons giving the young'ens an oppurtunity.

Three SA players! Not to shabby and we Victorians consider Melb Metro to be the craddle of youth basketball.

Clearly SASI or someone there has got youth development right.

It will be interesting to see if this trend filters to improved National results for SA junior basketball

Reply #101329 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Shit - just started another topic after doing my Sportal team and seeing his namke there. Sorry people

Reply #101340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Zorich go to Melbourne for non-basketball reasons and it just worked out that he got the opportunity to train with the dragons (no doubt thru Ninnis)??

Reply #101354 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I believe he went for educational purposes. Uni?

Reply #101370 | Report this post

Jimmy The Snitch  
Years ago

As much as Zorich is a Rex Hunt it would be better if he played for the Sixer rather than Copeland.

SA lads>>>> 40 year old has beens

Reply #101376 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Jimmy i think thats a bit harsh.
I would have used the term " C u next tuesday" if i were into using language like that ... which i'm not.
Thankyou American DAD.

Reply #101388 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I think Ziggy has made the right choice, development wise.

Reply #101389 | Report this post

Pacey  
Years ago

How could you say that about Zorich, the kid is super talented and should be in the Sixers team not squad. I agree the best decision he could have made for his development. be interesting to see if anymore follow suit and try their luck interstate if Smyth keeps his job. Surely another couple rockets in Hambour and Burdon could get better opportunities else where. Good on you Ziggy for chasing a dream and making it happen.

Reply #101396 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Erik Burdon = Smaller Darren Ng

Reply #101398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Early bird - following that logic, what does

Marcus Ng = ??

Reply #101406 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Ziggy is a great guy, and good luck to him over there. Saw Ninnis Friday night and he said Zig is doing well over there.
I've never seen him do anything wrong on or off the court so not sure where Jimmy is getting his info? You sure you're talking about the right guy Jimmy?

Reply #101436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus Ng = Crap

Reply #101465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares where he plays, congratulations to Ziggy! And take pride that we are producing NBL talent, regardless of where they end up playing!

Reply #101513 | Report this post

Maxxxxxxx  
Years ago

Good on ya ziggy!

He deserves it thats for sure!

Reply #101583 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754