Kent Brockman
Years ago

Maher Injured again

Heard on the news that Brett is having tests on his calf again after pulling up at training yesterday

Topic #8994 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please can we just throw him on the injured list and get a replacement until he is back to a playable level?

Or is Phil just going to use it as further excuses, there's 2 weeks left in your 4-6 weeks to click Phil.

Reply #101518 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I don't think injuries count in his "click" period. How much more frustrating can this season get?

Reply #101519 | Report this post

Carlo  
Years ago

We should just put him on the long term injury list for a while and bring in Derek Rucker to run the point.

Reply #101520 | Report this post

Pacey  
Years ago

I love Maher to death, but could this be the start of the end for him. Not through lack of being able to dominate a game, but through nigling injuries? He is starting to develop the same situation James Hird has in the AFL able to play a couple of weeks before another injury, i hope this isnt the case but if it is you would think we would have him for maybe one more season after this.

Reply #101524 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

on 5aa last night phil said they were awaiting scans from today and best case would be play this weekend worst case 2 weeks off

Reply #101525 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Phil also said they would gel in 4-6 weeks.

Reply #101527 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yesterday he barely lasted 20 minutes before pulling out, the calf again tightening up and prompting scans today to determine the full extent of the damage.
Also, a comment on Copeland from Smyth:
"We're not as concerned by Lanard's 0-of-9 as he is," Smyth said.

"All players go through low confidence phases, whether they are 20 years old, 30 or 40.

"He's trying too hard. He just had a bad shooting night but the focus comes on him because he's 41. Ignorant people usually pick out the obvious.

Reply #101529 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

ignorant people ignore the obvious!!

Reply #101532 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Well it is good to know that someone is concerned about Lanard's shooting, even if it isn't his coach!!

Reply #101538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil loves to win friends

ignorant people....feeling the pressure sunshine?

Reply #101542 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Calling supporters "ignorant" is not a very clever marketing strategy for the club.
But hey Phil has guaranteed money doenst he, so i guess he doesnt have to pull his head in does he ?
Granted Phil would know more about this team than any of us in the state, but making comments like those mentioned above just shows his inability to accept criticism and an ego that has gone unchecked for a few years now.

Unfortunately, Copeland is shooting something like 29% from the field for the entire season !! What does that say about his ability to show leadership ? Clearly he cant get it done anymore.

I wouldnt be writing Brett Maher off just yet. He is having a bad spell of luck, we are all more sensitive to this because the team chemistry isnt there right now.

Reply #101545 | Report this post

Sam Krupsky  
Years ago

Yeah, 0 of 9 last game, what about all the others before that? Guess they don't count for us 'ignorant' ones. I would have liked to hear 'Yeah it is a concern but we're working hard with Lanard to get it right and I'm sure he's not far away from a bust out game'.....or something similar. Nothing like treating the fans with disdain to make friends. Me thinks the pressure buildin'!

Reply #101546 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

If Lenard was a new import he'd be cut already.

Maybe he hasn't been dumped because we know he CAN shoot.. but where are the results?! Surely his age isn't an excuse.. he still seems nice and mobile to me....

Hmm i'm ashamed to say that unless some big changes happen NOW... like Friday night 'NOW'.. I am writing us off this year (Mentally I pretty much have written them off already after some of the amature crap I've seen in the last 3 weeks)

ShaneD

Reply #101616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't ther a player in lighntning currently at 0 from 18? (combined)

Reply #101666 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Copeland's stat line is looking even worse than it did in Brisbane. If that's even possible.

He'll have probably 4 or 5 top games this season and the rest will be rubbish. I hated this signing from the start and I feel even more frustrated knowing I was right and even an armchair expert such as myself could forsee what would happen.

Still, Copeland's FG% is still 3% better than what Jacob Holmes is putting up. Ouch!

Reply #101672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#101666)

Lightning however seem to be a happy team and a 2-1 and that loss was closely contested in OT.

wealth of difference

sixers aren't or do not appear to be a happy team they are 1-4
what people don't seem to make a big deal of is we are 0-3 at home our own house a court we should dominate on and should win at least 80-85% of our games on.

their games haven't been hotly contested (maybe sydney but then again they lost a winable game IMO)

Reply #101686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney was more than winable..we had already won.....

They let themselves get pressured.

Still can't believe they lost.

(grumble)

Give me something to be positive about Sixers, please. :-\

ShaneD

Reply #101712 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754