Sturty6ers
Years ago

Statman Unveiled

I found a little piece on nbl.com.au:

Mark 'Statman' Slocombe delves into his encyclopaedic knowledge of the Philips Championship for the Round Five installment of Fast Facts.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4036

Topic #9009 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm still none the wiser.

Reply #101714 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I guess some interesting stats are;

Adelaide 36ers vs Townsville Crocodiles
Friday October 20  Distinctive Homes Dome
All-time: Sixers 26, Crocodiles 12
At this venue: Sixers 14, Crocodiles 5

Streak: Townsville have lost their past 15 road games  one more will have them enter the top ten NBL all-time for consecutive away losses. Their last win was 18/9/05 at Perth.

--------------

I'm doubtfull the Sixers will inflict the dreaded 16th away loss for the Crocs pushing them into top ten.

Nash has played less games for the Sixers than Oscar & Jacob - What The! That back injury really took its toll.

And this is worrying
"Including last season's overtime loss to Cairns in the Quarter Finals, Adelaide have now lost four consecutive home games for just the second time in their history. The 36ers have never lost five home games in a row before."

--------------------------

Moving on To Tigers vs Sixers
Saturday October 21  State Netball and Hockey Centre
At this venue: Tigers 7, Sixers 0

Wow all this time and I've never seen them win at the SNAHC :-(

Can we get the game moved to Vodafone?? Please.

Reply #101723 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I think he's implying that it's Statman from this forum (?) though it's not.

Reply #101733 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

You have way too much time on your hands Sturty....shouldnt you be testing bombs or something! ;)

Just shows you never know who is actually posting on this forum I suppose - but for the record even though this guy is using my nickname - and my first name for that matter, it aint me :)

Reply #101750 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

OK, I'll explain it.

This is a tongue in cheek, double entendre. That is a figure of speech similar to the pun, in which a spoken phrase can be understood in either of two ways.

The Mark 'Statman' Slocombe providing all the statistics for the upcoming rounds, vs the HoopsSA 'Statman' (real name not revealed due to legal issues).

Well I thought it was good.....

Reply #101751 | Report this post

Sturty stuffed up and looks like he's doing a bit of tap dancing. Don't let the facts get in the way of an oppitunity to post.

Reply #101757 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Ahha "using my nickname - and my first name"

Mark.......? can someone fill in the blanks. The begining of the "Outing" of Statman.

I reckon its Mark Buttkowski cause I heard someone say he was an Ahole of a person?

Reply #101771 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I know who the Statman is, I played 'Ball with him, but there won't be any "Outing" of him as he is staunchly hetero, until you mention Sheeds to him!

Reply #101861 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754