Anonymous
Years ago

Trent Fildes break out game

was just looking over the scores from last nights games and noticed Trent Fildes had 35 pts for Forestville. good to see the young man doing well. he should have a good state campaign next year. just wondering is he still in the emus team as well?

Topic #9029 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

that guy is an insane player and an insane teammate, love that guy!

Reply #101942 | Report this post

Pacey  
Years ago

Agreed the kid is a gun, and to think some people on here thought his selection in the state team was a wrong one. Good on you Trent.

Reply #101967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Trent. Not only are you a great player, you are a champion bloke as well. The way you look after your mates when they need it off court is fantastic.

Reply #101973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have played against him and he has gotten better every year. Was told he has played really good games all this summer so far, look forward to clashing at Nationals in february and I cant believe hes not in your sa academy! Go to college in the states mate and keep the work ethic up. You will be better for it.

Reply #102013 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Hey 52can's, which teams have you been on with him ?

Reply #102071 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Considering it's up to his coach to nominate him, maybe Andy just didn't think he was up to scratch!
One game and this kid's going to the frickin NBA!

Reply #102195 | Report this post

Skip  
Years ago

Do you even know this kid Panther? Obviously not or you know Andy didnt play him cause he hopes to head over to college next year. Get off your high horse the kid just had a great game- unlike you!

Reply #102200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just another ignorant Panther post.

Coming from somebody at South that's not suprising though.

Reply #102212 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Why wouldn't he nominate him for Academy still Skip?

Reply #102230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is to say that he wasn't nominated for the academy. Just another of the dumb assumptions you have made yourself. Perhaps the Academy aren't interested in him becuase Paul Bell can't get him as a client.

If you weren't so ignorant you would know that he attended the Albert Schweitzer tournament this year with the AIS. So he must be doing something right.

Reply #102271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panthers right, maybe there are others who are ignorant.
Forestville did not nominate him as an Academy candidate.

Reply #102284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The guy had a great game- why cant you guys leave it at that!

Reply #102305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fildes I believe was nominated but not taken up by Academy as there were already 3 Eagles players in.

Reply #102312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys in Adelaide never stop taking people down. No wonder forman, holmes, newley, ingles, zorich all left for better chances, they dont have to put up with the sarcastic crap from people like panther!

Reply #102502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was up to the club to nominate three players for possible seletion in the academy. Therefore, Andy must have nominated Gange, Hoban and Sutton leaving Fildes as a no-go for selection.

Reply #102505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My understanding is they ask for 3 nominations however coaches are not limited to 3.

Reply #102517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

End of the day the kid should be in, but is doing great all the same. Has an awesome work ethic

Reply #102532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther, he made the Australian side for his age, and your giving him crap about not making academy? speaking to his family he has had a few colleges show interest and might take them up on that.

Reply #103039 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

oi panther hes 18 just had back to back 35 point games and is leading the league with over 28ppg, what do u have to say now to show ur jealousy?

Reply #103129 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

You guys are like a bunch of frickin whinging girls! Someone asked why he isn't in the Academy squad and I simply stated that it is up to the coaches to nominate him. Half the time you people answer your own stupid question!
God TWO good games and this kid's going to the frickin NBA! Lol...

Reply #103213 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

hes 18 in a league of ppl averaging about 25 in age and leading the league in scoring... ur not impressed?

Reply #103222 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Mate the last comment was a tongue in cheek. Of course i'm impressed by his numbers, who wouldn't be. But i've never seen him play so I can't comment on his game too much.
The average age of 25...that only dropped this year by me retiring!!!

Reply #103230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone else we can "pick" on besides Trent, or Brad Hill in the other thread? Ballers must just love Adelaide.

Reply #103248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther

Commenting without having seen him would have to be considered the height of ignorance. Coming from somebody from South, that is not suprising.

Reply #103270 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Let me guess, same poster as (#102212)??? Or just some moran that can't write or think for him or herself and needs to copy and paste?
For starters, read my original post you halfwit! The comment I made was that "his coach needs to nominate him to be in the academy". Now if Lebron James played for Forestville (and obviously worked behind the bar) and wasn't in the Academy team, I would still say, "his coach needs to nominate him", are you following you poor excuse for a lump of turd?
My other comment was "One game and this kid's going to the frickin NBA" was purely based on the forestville twits who were posting on here and sitting around at home pulling themselves offer over the fact he scored 35 in a game, like it's never ever been achieved before!
God damn get a gripmate, or at least loosen the one you have on yourself!!!

Reply #103274 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

panther i don't wanna break out a war here, but yeh before you comment negatives on trent you should at least see one game :P

Reply #103309 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I don't think he is 52-Cans..........

Reply #103315 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It's like banging my head against a brick wall libertine!

Reply #103391 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

I work with trent, but have not seen him play. he is a great person to be around, and a leader. if he applies himself to his sport like he does his job, nothing should be out of his reach ! :)

Reply #115739 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Reply #115757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

panther spelt moron wrong. and he can't remember that he actually said TWO good games and trent's going to the NBA. look at that pic. wat a hotty.

Reply #119260 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Lol...Well that will help him make it to the NBA! Now we all know why Matt Neilsen could never make the NBA!

Reply #119275 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754