oracle
Years ago

by law timing note

good to see that the by law update -

any subs in the last minute of the first 3 quarters - the clock shall stop for the sub in non fully timed games.

good call - I can recall several games where a tactical sub could be called to wind a few seconds off when the other team had possession.

now to get the parents to digest it all !

Topic #9032 | Report this topic

aww i used to have so much fun with that rule

Reply #101947 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Its all a matter of timing!

Reply #102052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also don't forget:

"A reminder to all that use of the 24 second shot clock in Under 14, 16, 18, 20 and 21 division 1 games is mandatory, where the equipment is available. The first named team must provide a shot clock operator.

It is not acceptable for either the referees, the UICs, the hall manager or the teams to decide to not use the shot clock. It's an important part of our game and also helps prepare our elite players for competition at a higher level."

Reply #102059 | Report this post

When all the clubs teach there scores how to operate the thing and do it properly then I'm sure it will be a great idea. If the scores arn't trained then I can see big delays in games with stuff up after stuff up with parents having no idea operating it and coaches wanting time put back on or whatever.

Reply #102111 | Report this post

oops  
Years ago

I goofed last night with this I told da refs at hilcrest that it was the last 3 mins of each 1/4
They were not even aware of this .Glad to be of service guys
maybe BSA should have told the people in charge of calling the games

Reply #102133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754