DJ
Years ago

Scott Ninnis

Sounds like Ninnis is safe....
I know cutting and pasting isnt the way it should be done, but for those (and most of you will) that would ignore the link have a read.

Heal all set to Coach

--------------------------

While remaining diplomatic, Heal admitted that Price had struggled to fit in with the culture of the Dragons and of the NBL.

"I don't think that Mark Price understood the commitment that it was going to take to be a head coach in the league and the time that it takes and the lack of resources you have in the NBL compared to the NBA," Heal said.

"The commitment to cutting up tape and doing all of those things is huge and I think that maybe he underestimated what it was going to take."

"He was very introverted like I said, wasn't big on a whole lot of discussion and handed a lot of the day-to-day activities of the coaching to (assistant coach) Scott Ninnes."

Heal though, said that he would instil in the team a hard-work philosophy and remained confident that the club could make a better go at the remaining 16 rounds of the 2006-07 season.

"The philosophy of the club that I want to place on this is about work ethic," he said.

"It's going to be a balance of me being a leader on the court and doing things as a point-guard and creating leaders off the court with Guy (Molloy, a new assistant coach) and Scott (Ninnis) as well."

Topic #9087 | Report this topic

Tce44  
Years ago

Scott's job may be safe but this a paragraph from an article in todays AGE.

'Now Heal is coach, too  the first playing coach in the NBL since Cal Bruton in Hobart in 1992. Former Cairns Taipans coach Guy Molloy joins the Dragons as No. 1 assistant and in charge courtside on game night.'

www.the age.com.au for the full article.

Reply #102736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754