Pure Silk
Years ago

Brad Hill

I will start by saying I have been a long time follower of this site and this is the first post I have issued / or replied to. I feel the time is right to put a few things in perspective.
1. Brad Hill is our future , as good as Sutton is he is only a role player and you only have to watch week in week out the state league to realise this whereby Hill dominates regardless.The guy is still young and he needs confidence and game time and blind freddy can see that he is in two minds lately when having the ball. There were signs tonight that he is coming out the other side and I just hope that he stays with us and Phil gives him the court time he deserves beacuse you dont learn from watching. When the Maher's Farley's and to a lesser degree Copeland , Wheeler , Nash & Cooper all call it a day it is imperative that we have Brad leading the way and I can see him only getting better the older he gets - I honestly believe the guy will be a star and at the same age I saw Maher play for Sturt at the old Apollo and he had the same presence about him as well. In closing , I am not saying the 36ers will be doomed if they loose him but we will be a far better side with him than without - The kid just needs a chance to shine and he wont get that on the pine!
Plus he is a better player than Darren any day and what I have heard carves everyone up at training and that still doesnt help so what chance does he have here.....

Topic #9120 | Report this topic

Kwest  
Years ago

Its interesting that the one game all season that he has recieved a reasonable amount of minutes he really steps up and plays more confidently. Backs up what a few of us have been saying.

Now to find a way to get Copeland ejected before every 4th quarter.. ;)

Reply #103150 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"Plus he is a better player than Darren any day"

I take it 'any day' excludes the duration of the latest ABL season where Darren won the Woolacott?

Reply #103158 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

I think Brad is a great long ternm prospect. I can see him leading the club one day.

He is down on confidence at the moment, but he will rise to become one of the better players in the NBL within a few years, IMO.

He is young and going to have highs & lows; the club must look after this talent. We cannot afford to loose any more young guns.

Reply #103173 | Report this post

Go the 6ers  
Years ago

I agree Brad is a good player, but he still has room for improvement.

Speaking to an ex 36er who played alot of games with Brad, he believes he continues to make the wrong decision on court and the 6ers cant afford to have him on the court all the time if they want to keep winning. And we need to keep winning to at least make the playoffs - even if it is in 8th spot!!

Having said that, I believe keep giving him more time and he will improve his decision making.

Reply #103184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Billo. Obviously Pure Silk missed the last ABL season!

Reply #103186 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Hill is going to be a very good NBL player and i was rapt for the lad the way he came through last night .
His confidence definitely looks shaken and there is a definite lack of trust from the coach .
A little sideplay was in the last quarter when after brad had iced a couple of treys and hit coops for a 3pp , in the timeout phil didn't give brad much except a quick one about denying jingles the rock when joe was on the bench and brad had been playin solid enough D on the hummer .
I just sensed if a young player who is having confidence issues and sat the 3rd quarter when the team was struggling and the coaching lets be honest was non existant , comes on strong in the crunch and truly lifts the team he should be met at that timeout with a recognition and look that says way to come through kid . Imagine the lift .
Brad is struggling with confidence and his demeanour reeks of frustration , i can just see a star in the making ready to bust out .
Sure he is making mistakes but when it is supposed to be your year and you see a 41 year old jacking up shit L , R and occasionally center imagine how you would be feelin cold as on the bench . I am not bagging Lanard he just has free reign .
I hope Brad Hill works through this and is starring for the sixers for the next ten years ,
Also the coaching before half time and in the third quarter absolutely blew , garbage time apparently ? , bad rotations , lack of timeouts when our offence stank , it almost cost us the game . Wake up coach .

Reply #103190 | Report this post

Pete Newell  
Years ago

Brad is a far better prospect than Darren Ng long term.
Brad has a fantastic collection of skills, but Brad's weakness is his decision making. Coaching or court time will not change that. Brad is just wired differently, he is a different to most players in his decision making and we must accept that.
Why would he try to dribble through 3 defenders under their basket when he had teammates free for a pass? That's just Brad. That's a decision he made that has nothing to do with confidence.
Why would he try to throw a 20 foot bounce pass around the perimeter of a zone, when every 14 year old who has played district and/or who has been to the AIS knows that bounce passes are only for 2 on 1 situations, or as post entry passes. More coaching will not change that.
That's just our Brad, live with it guys.

Reply #103197 | Report this post

brick city  
Years ago

Brad will be getting 25-30 mins a game next year interstate, so I would stop claiming he is our future

Reply #103203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pete,
Brad's reasoning for driving through three guys and not passing is due to to his time in juniors. When he was younger he was playing division one every year in teams that were lucky to make finals, even win two games in a row. He had, at that time, people around him that struggled every week so brad did whatever he could do to try and get his team over the line and that was to drive and do most things himself. Now that brad is within a team that has experience and guys that are good players he has now got a different role and getting used to this role. He is a damn good player and will be a focal point of this team in years to come.

Reply #103207 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

It's funny how people forget that a good role player is just as affective as a "star" player. You need strong steadying guys like Sutton to ensure the team can still survive when the guns are on the bench.

Reply #103234 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

If you can shoot the rock like Darren NG then you should be playing decent minutes no matter who you are taking minutes from!!! Get off Brad Hills nuts!!! Get into it Darren keep shooting the lights out brother!!!

Reply #103235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last night was the first game i saw of Hill in the NBL and i certainly wasnt impressed. Im not sure what game Pure Silk was watching but apart from making a couple of (mostly) wide open uncontested shots i say he has a long way to go to live up to your predictions. Hopefully he'll come good but he does need to lower turnovers and make better decisions.

Reply #103245 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Oh yay, another Brad Hill post.

Reply #103319 | Report this post

aussiemj  
Years ago

I agree with brick city, He wont be here. I'm a fan and what i saw last night in body language and eye contact, he's over this Adelaide thing. Phil done it again and another waste of a good kid, lets get another grandpa. hhmmmm

Reply #103347 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Hey Anonymous 103245 - I think you should get out more if that is the first time you have seen Brad Hill play in the NBL........

Whilst Darren is a good player and fantastic at State League level - he just doesnt havent to body to be a top liner and I believe that Brad Hill will have a better NBL career.

And another point - People have to stop bagging the club so early in the season , its such a long season that anything can happen but at the end of the day where ever we finish up we will follow the 36ers and keep going to every game and give them our support because thats what Sport is all about - You have to take the good times with the bad if you cant handle the bad times ( because it makes the good alot sweeter) then you need a long hard decent look at yourself!

Reply #103390 | Report this post

Patty45  
Years ago

Whenever Maher is injured, No reason while Ng, Sutton and Hill can all share the role of playing the 1 and 2 spots. They all have the ability that they need to lead the team, Sutton is calm under pressure from what i have seen, Hill is exciting and could have a great future ahead of him, meanwhile Darren is the silent achiever who really just seems like he is improving every game. All have bright futures if the right decisions are made about them.

Reply #103453 | Report this post

Drinker  
Years ago

Well, Pure Silk, you are spot on with your call. Brad Hill is definately our future and it is obvious that this season is not going to be one to celebrate, so I strongly believe that Phil should be playing some of the young guns and give them plenty of court time to prepare them for next season. Hey, Pure Silk, you obvioulsy wear your heart on your sleeve when it comes to basketball and you should post more entries in the future!!!

Were you at the WildCats game last year????????

Reply #105169 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:51 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754