52-coke cans
Years ago

Who are the favourites for the 2007 under 20 champ

just wondering who the favourite/most likey players to make this under 20 team.....should be interesting!

Topic #9168 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan Dodman
Chris Molitor

Reply #103637 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I'd say forestville will have at least three in the mix, with Trent Fildes, Harry Harvey and John Wernham. Maybe AJ from North Adelaide ...

Reply #103662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would also say Shannon Seebohm as well

Reply #103663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gavin Kargans has taken his game to another level this year, hed have to get a long look

Reply #103677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chris molitor, trent fildes, shannon seebohn, phil brown, Dodman

Reply #103678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Molitor, Trent Fildes, Gavin Kargans, Dodman, Sam Hemmings should be in the team the rest is a toss up. If Phill Brown plays for the team and not himself then hin as well.

Reply #103681 | Report this post

Nose Nuggets  
Years ago

Who does Kargans play for?

Reply #103682 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

i honestly don't see why hemmings will be in the team.....another reason why under 18's went bad this year was cause of turnovers (first game hemmings-11 turnovers, 35 min game and dont even get me started with the other games)

Reply #103686 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Nose Nuggets

Kargans - Woodville

Reply #103690 | Report this post

bubble wrap  
Years ago

52 coke cans, you may want to look a little more closely at reasons as to why hemmings had those turnovers. Considering the guy isn't a point guard and had to play that position all tournament against the best point guards in Australia might be a reason. Put him in his preferred postion and that might help.

Obviously you weren't at the game where gliddon was carving it up then hemmings played on him and gliddon scored 2 points for the whole second half..

DEFENSE, it should actually count for something.

Reply #103708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Jordan, Shannon, Trent, Chris M and Gavin. Phil B and Zac Fisher also very likely.

Other short list includes Soren, Matt decure, Lawrence.

Problem is second point guard and back up big man. Not sure is Harry H up to this level and Chief is a bit too one sided. Not sure if I rate John Whernham as a big guy at this level. Stef Hoffman might step up as second point guard. I'm not sure why Melville said AJ as he is playing Div 2 at moment, but with Rhino not around, there are not a lot of big bodies in the league. Ben Scott at Southern always a possible, but probable in wrong spot.

Reply #103711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel the three Emu squad reps should make it in Jordan, Shannon and Trent. Chris M and Phil B also appear definites with Zac F a strong contender.

There are some very good first years into 20s this year, BUT many of them and many second years, are not fit or tough enough for this next level, OR maybe not quite big enough in mass or height with enough solid and consistent shooting armour in their arsenal to make their way into the team. Some are also mentally immature or erratic and show poor decision making. Regarding (#103711) I would only agree with your 1st sentence, after that those people you mentioned fall into this paragraph's category, with maybe the exception of John W who I have seen play very impressively and well.

Trials will be interesting and the sooner they start the better as SA have a Silver Medal to try and surpass. There will be some surprise selections, but it will be a damn good team worthy of total SA support. Give these guys ALL our support.

Reply #103714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When are trials?

Reply #103716 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

52 coke cans any reason why u taken my name? :S

Reply #103719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam hemmings locked down Gliddon during nationals

Reply #103734 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

Just throwing it out there but Im gonna assume mentioning AJ in the same breath as real ballers as a dip into the sarcasm pool, perhaps the deep end.

Big John, Trent and Harvey could make it, watching them last friday (after quarter time) they looked scary. Though chairs may prove the impassable object for Trent.

Reply #103735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kargans putting his own name forward again,wont improve till he plays honest defence

Reply #103742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Putting his own name forward??

Reply #103744 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

yeah your a tool man, bit pissed off that your not getting talked up by people, think thats your spot hes taking? its ok. gav will just rip you apart on the court with a smile on his face!

Reply #103745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this team could get within 20 of NSW id be impressed. Quality first five but no depth and not big enough. Dodman cant do all the rebounding on his own.

Reply #103747 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

yeah, i'm just another one of the growing list that say Hemmo shutdown, lockup, dismiss and destroy Gliddon during nationals.

As per previous posts, imagine if they coulda played him in his proper spot.

Reply #103748 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Taking a shot at Gav's D? Id actually like to see you beat him 1 on 1, I think u'd be very suprised

Reply #103754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nsw will be undermanned in the backcourt with tyson demos injured and not likely to be back (torn acl). Also big wing Daniel Jackson is also in doubt with a knee problem. NSW have good bigs in Ogilvy and Dowdell but who is gonna give them the ball?

Reply #103784 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

lol ... that was when trent looked most deadly - ever had a 6-4 emu flying horizontally at you at full speed ? still can't believe he didn't damage himself more ...
also liked jarryd's reaction - no concern, just a shake of the head and then pissed himself laughing.

Reply #103939 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha obviously you weren't at the game cause in the first half hemmings was playing D on gliddon for the entire half and gliddon dropped 20! in the first half, same thing would have happened in the last game if gliddon could make an open J......and obviously i didnt steal your name 52 Cans cause my clearly sais 52 COKE CANS....most overated player in SA bball is hemmings, same at last years nationals, any1 could have done what he did with that much court time, and don't say "well if any1 could why didn't they" cause the only reason why hemmings was in that team was cause he sucked and still sucks up to neil gliddon everytime he see's him, thats the main reason why the under 18 team went so bad at nationals is cause SA coaches don't know how to coach! look at that team they should have easily made top 4 but no stupid SA coaches keep players that are on the court that are playing bad, look how tassie played every player in the team was averaging the same amount of min per game accept for 1 bogun!

Reply #103975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

52 coke cans. did he 'steal' your spot?? You seem extremely bitter.

I think you will find that you are wrong and hemmings wasn't on gliddon during the first half.

Reply #104013 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

whos was guarding gliddon in the firs half then mate? i was at the game and gliddin was raining three's all over hemmings and braking his ankles with crossovers everytime he got the ball.

Reply #104031 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

So he shouldn't make the team because he supposedly played bad defence in one game against one guy, in one half? If a guy scores 20 in a half it probably doesnt matter who's guarding him...Surely you've got more to your Hemmings sucks argument to warrant him being the most overrated player in SA?

Reply #104209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hemmings played well in Perth States. He lifted his game for the championships. Players that can do that are needed. I admit his local game has slipped a bit but on his Perth States he needs a chance.

Reply #104232 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

he lifted his game cause he had 30 min a game in perth.....what i'm saying is any1 with that much court time could have and would have done what he did..john wernham dominated in perth even though he played for NT, why wasn't he in the team? even brice whittaker did more than hemmings in perth and he didnt even get as much court time as he did while he was playing for NT...

Reply #104248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

52 coke cans:

I was at the game too and I think you will find that you are wrong. Sorry but you actually are.

You are so angry, did he steal your girlfriend too??

Reply #104259 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

no but i stole yours

Reply #104264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

after 52 cans god knows what his girl looks like, so he may not have wanted to steal her.

Reply #104270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doubt it.. Mine would have an IQ above 10 and be capable of an intelligent and insightful conversation. These are all things you all lack as well the ability to analyse a basketball game...

Reply #104316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls stop bitching and get the topic back on to State team.

Reply #104365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

obvious 5 starters as already mentioned... gavin kargans, soren gemo, lawrence blood, adam gavranich, zac fisher, chief, sam hemmings, harri harvey, aaron rice, john wernham, rob cameron, stefan hoffman... these are guys that come to mind that can all push for a spot... the posts are the hard spots to pick, whoever makes it as 2nd 4 or 5 man is going to need to be a energetic player and able to go hard for boards and hit bodys hard. plenty of scoring ability on this team, defence will b key for SA to win

Reply #104423 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

so Dodman, Trent and Seebohm don't get a run ? or are they in your team as reserves ? and since when is rob capable of competing at that level ?! he WAS a good player two years ago ... but is nothing to fear now .

Reply #104447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

said 5 starters as already mentioned, which would obviously be, dodman, trent, seebohm, phil, chris

Reply #104453 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

sam hemmings shouldn't make it and won't!

Reply #104518 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

sam hemmings shouldn't make it and won't!

Reply #104519 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha and aaron rice-williams has no chance, he's a lazy bastard and is know where near up to the level of nationals,

Reply #104520 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

and also phil shouldnt make it caause all he cares about is to see his stats after every game and plays for himself anyways,

Reply #104522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First five Dodman,Trent,Chriss,Gavin and Seebohm.
Others in contention
Sam, Rob, Phill (if he playes a team game), Soren, Harri, Lawrence, Steff, Zac, Chief and Adam.
Posts are a problem but if you look at the stats of Div 1 men some of these guys have great numbers.

Reply #104577 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

hey, im not lazy, well i am, but not that lazy lol... i aint drank in 3 weeks, give me a break... what happened to Decure, and what about jeremy? these guys are meant to be all that and a bag of chips apparently, they should be able to sneak in i would have thought.
Posts are a problem, from the lineup given in last post, then there is only one post for the team being jordan, no need for the plural being used.
the team is gona have an average weight of like 60 killos by the looks of it lol

Reply #104899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

zac and cheif that is funny

Reply #104998 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha havnt drunk in 3 weeks aye ricey....wow thats huge but i guess that is ok considering you are an alcoholic, and i've seen you play you are lazy, come on mate just admit it the only reason why you raise a sweat is because you way 120 kilos plus you're too busy checking out on the side-lines if there is any girls looking at you....

Reply #105013 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

haha, more like 95 mate, and yea u prolly seen me play, while your on bench or not makin any teams... whoever the hell you are. which brings me to asking who you are? most people on here know who each other when they post, but you wana hide your identity? what a pussy... you got alot to say, but no one seems to interested in listening to you, pfffttt... chump

Reply #105016 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

All your doing is giving people sh*t & not a single person is backing you up, yet you still keep bagging guys. I think Hemmings might hav stolen his girlfriend coz he sounds like he has a little too much spare time on his hands to me

Reply #105027 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Oh yeh keep up the good play this season ricey

Reply #105028 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha there's no fun in telling you who I am....and if i just bag out every1 how come i've only bagged out 2, so is 2 ppl every1 now a days pffft, and ricey iv seen you play from the sidelines not from the bench but from the grandstand and mate dw i have seen you hundreds of times checking out girls while you're playing....iv even seen you check out girls while your shooting foul shots for christ sake lol. maybe hemmings did steal my girlfriend but most likely not considering his girlfriend is fat and butt ugly.

Reply #105059 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

and M dizzle try and get some new material mate cause im pretty sure you have said "maybe hemmings has stolen his girlfriend" about a millions times, pfft..chump

Reply #105062 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted. Don't be a tool.)

Reply #105065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol aaron rice? are you kidding that dude has absolute zero chance of making it.

Reply #105078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think its going a bit too far about paying out hemmings girl friend... its one thing to talk about him but dont go that far. so what has hemmings done that has made you so angry anyway?

Reply #105081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nobody is interested in people that run others down. Get back on topic or just dont post.

Reply #105094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricey,

If you not lazy. Why is it that you have had too move clubs twice? Are you working you way down the ladder?

Reply #105097 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha yeah good point anonymous see ricey you dipsh*t i obviously do have ppl backing me up...

Reply #105101 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha and ricey whats the point of revealing my idendity, it ruins the fun...and don't try and act like a big tough guy ricey cause your a "soft c*ck" and i will say what ever i want on this forum (sorry hoops sa for my last post that was a bit too far) but anyway, when are you SA ballers going to realise that your all just a bunch of arrogant, up yourselfs type of players, thats why you guys are so crap atm, when was the last time any SA team won a national championship, not under 14's but 16's and over, yeah i didn't think so, actually have you guys ever won a national championship? i've got plenty too say so if you guys want to hear more from my point of view then it would be my pleasure :-)

Reply #105102 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I just want everyone to realise that this is 52-COKE cans posting and not me please......

Reply #105114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can we get 52 coke cans banned.All he is doing is paying people out. Some people have to do that in order to make themselves feel better. It's normally those people who have to compensate for other inadequacies...

Reply #105119 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha cry me a river #105119.....can't you SA ballers handle thee truth?....didn't think so

Reply #105122 | Report this post

sam  
Years ago

52-coke cans,
i dont mind you saying things about me or what ever but i think going on about girl friends is a bit too much. lets remember the topic 'Who are the favourites for the 2007 under 20 champ'.

Reply #105125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just comparing the maturity level between 52 coke cans and the guy he's paying out..No prizes for guessing who the real talentless waste of good oxygen is.

Reply #105132 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha and who would that be chump...

Reply #105209 | Report this post

Gavin is a GUN!!! Have u seen that guy's veritcal leap!!! Definetly state team material

Reply #105228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

many comments hav been made suggesting that the 2007 20s team will hav post problems. from the names that hav been thrown around it seems like the team will be, on average, tall and athletic. cant see rebounding bein a problem, maybe these alleged 'post problems' are referring to post match-ups with other states. anyone care to clarify what the post problems are??

Reply #105245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted.)

Reply #105247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has john werhnam got any real chance of making state this yr?

Reply #105248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think john has got a pretty good chance of making it...hes got the right size for a forward/power forward position

Reply #105249 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Ud say he has one of the more polished low post games in the comp

Reply #105283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

plz someone try and stop him in the post i haven come across anyone yet

Reply #105302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea all you need is vertical leap hey North Adelaide Baller hahaha

Reply #105307 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yea, john should b good contender, solid guy and athletic... and just for you 52 coke cans... are you a fag? whats wrong with lookin at a chik? u must be some sought of in the closet homo cause you watch guys from the bleachers... hope you aint taken any pics and jerked to them... and as for soft c*ck, would like to see you step up, pffftttt... and sams woman is a legend, clearly your jealous, cause you cant get a guy version of her... sry hoops peeps about that, just had to be said

Reply #105338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha you can talk ricey the chicks u get might as well be guys

Reply #105363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i bet you it will all sasi boys they know how to suck up to people and of course neil also

Reply #105408 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

no ricey you are an ugly bastard who thinks he owns the place just shut up cause i dont wanna hear your lame arse "look at me im a tough guy" impression

Reply #105414 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

haha... i know im ugly, and i dont think i own the place... just think i own you, cause atleast i have enough balls to put my name to my words

Reply #105419 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha you guys really wanna know who i am?

Reply #105427 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yea why not... also, why hate on SA ball, if u dont like it go to Vic, or something, where w*nkers like yourself would fit in

Reply #105432 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

52-coke cans wishes he cud play state!!

Reply #105435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea tell us who u r!

Reply #105450 | Report this post

52-coke cans  
Years ago

haha alright then fella's you wanna know who i am and someOneElse dont worry iv played state before try 3 times in the past 3 years for Vic Country.....Sam hemmings will know me alright, the so called "good player' that got kicked out of here so he went to gay SA too try what he did here and that was too "kiss the coaches arse so he could make the state team".....its your good mate Corey Collier :)

Reply #105451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricey and 52 Coke Cans

Get a room or has that already occurred ricey.

Reply #105453 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

And your on an SA basketball site bagging SA ballers all day every day? Id hate to be the real corey collier thats all i can say

Reply #105454 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Havent u ever watched a certain basketball movie which states, "When is Winning not enough?"

Thats kinda what ur doing here, instead of just playing the game, your trying to stir up trouble in another association's site.

Well i dont think you gonna get anything productive for yourself or your state side from this, your probably just gonna make a whole bunch of S.A. state players wanna get u back!

Reply #105885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trials started yesterday (Sat) and there was a good turn up. Some there for the learning curve and some just fooling themselves. It was good to see a large number of guys try out and hopefully it is not a waste of their time. There are strong rummers that SASSI guys are already picked and that everyone else is there just for show. I hope not as there was some real talent there. We owe it to SA to pick the best team available regardless of the club they play for and chose the guys that will give it all.

Reply #105907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who were the standouts from yesterday (saturday) at the trials?

Reply #105941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"There are strong rummers that SASSI guys are already picked and that everyone else is there just for show. I hope not as there was some real talent there. We owe it to SA to pick the best team available regardless of the club they play for and chose the guys that will give it all."

Translation:

I was wrongly passed over for SASI once upon a time. We should pick some Woodville guys!

Reply #105945 | Report this post

john d  
Years ago

Can anyone tell me why Matt decure was not at the trials?

Reply #105990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Gavin Kargans make state?

Reply #106102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gav made the next cut

Reply #106181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what players made that cut??

Reply #106184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chriss, Rob, Trent, Gavin, Stef, Harry, Dodman are some I know of.

Reply #106224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

harry harvey made tha cut, has he gotten any beta since last yr, coz he was hopeless!!

Reply #106302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

soz make tha cut, gotta have sum chance doesnt he?

Reply #106303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did hemmings make the cut? what about jarryd fildes?

Reply #106320 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

soren didnt even try out... first years are in sasi tour, so in a sense they made the cut, but wont know where they stand till after their trip

Reply #106323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did you try out ricey?

Reply #106325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hemmings would be loving it having his name up here .....

And i think there will be a few suprises in this years team

Reply #109285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hemmings has probably got better things to do than sit at a computer and pay people out..

Reply #109391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what type of training are they doing at the moment and what days/time do they train?

Reply #109459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sunday mornings at 7:00am at Wayville.

Reply #109496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do they do on sunday mornings?

Reply #109690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

train!! doh

Reply #109763 | Report this post

Nose Nuggets  
Years ago

Does anybody know who is still left in the squad?

Reply #109972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

another cut was made i hear, who didnt survive? i hope the coach didnt make any foolish decisions!

Reply #112496 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754