Anonymous
Years ago

Is this a sexist forum?

IS GIRLS BASKETBALL THAT BORING THAT NOOONE TAKES AN INTEREST IN IT. BECAUSE THE WHOLE SITE CONCENTRATES ON THE MEN. NO EQUALITY HERE BOYS.

(Mod: Please don't use all caps. Also, if you'd like to discuss girls games or teams, go for it. Tell your female friends to have their say.)

Topic #918 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then why dont you start a positive thread about women's basketball, instead of compaining, do something!

Reply #10050 | Report this post

Alf  
Years ago

I think in basketball in general interest is much more dominated by the boys. Also, men's games are a lot harder and faster than women's in comparison and most people find that more interesting. Look at the Lightning games before they moved to Wayville, they were the 'curtain opener' for the 6ers game. But as a result of the Lightning having their own identity I think it has improved going by attendaces last year.

Btw the Lightnings first home game is on Sunday!!! Tip off 2pm. Come and support the girls :)

Reply #10055 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

I just think that the forum is still unknown by a number of people in the basketball community. This needs to be promoted to people who are involved in girl's basketball.

The forum is not to talk about the better basketball, just discussion about bball in general. So all that is needed is for everyone who reads this forum to let everyone know that is exists.

Reply #10061 | Report this post

cheek  
Years ago

I like reading all of the comments and opinions on players and teams it just revolves all around the boys it would be nice in thses threads to get more of an overalll view and see people give opinions on both genders. So it doesnt turn into the boys forum.

Reply #10074 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i agree with the second Anonymous, start a new post about the female side of bball. the only reason the guys are talkin bout the guys, is coz we dont no much bout the female side of the sport.

Reply #10093 | Report this post

C  
Years ago

Being a female who regularly reads this forum and sometimes posts when I have something to say, I don't find this forum sexist at all. Far from it. To all who contribute, either by organising, moderating, posting or just reading, keep up the good work

Reply #10158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Removed. Don't be a wanker.)

Reply #10221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

screw you... dont say women just bitch on here.. for godsake take a look at the SCHOOL section id say you guys are just as bad if not WORSE!!!!

this forum is pretty much written by guys, therefore this is where the intrest lies.. having said that i would like to see some more stuff on girls bball!!

Reply #10222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this isnt a sexist forum, if you want to talk about girls then go for it, no ones stopping you

Reply #10224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt that what the person pretty much said just b4 ?

Reply #10275 | Report this post

OZBBallDream  
Years ago

Perhaps at the top where you have all the headings...General (628)Sixers (80)Olympics (54)ABL (44)School (35)NBL (23)Local (22)NBA (13)Popular also Include Womens as a heading as well.

Do you put these in place isaac ?

Reply #10333 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I can, yes. They are automatically generated by categorisation of posts (handled by myself and other moderators).

UPDATE: I've moved a few topics into a Women category, so hopefully this helps.

Reply #10334 | Report this post

OZBBallDream  
Years ago

ok , good work to keep those girls happy

Reply #10337 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

You talk about being sexist when the Women require their own topic...my god...what is going on.

Reply #10352 | Report this post

MM  
Years ago

i'm a chick playing juniors and i think this whole topic is pathetic... if the other chicks want a feminist sport, go play netball... basketball is a sport dominated by males and it's a hell of a lot more interesting the way it is.

Reply #10562 | Report this post

AW  
Years ago

Minorities will always winge instead of creating a solution... And what is with the size 6 ball? Are they children?

Reply #11904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and how could they create the solution AW?
what do you mean.. are they children?!!? pfft.. no idea

Reply #11924 | Report this post

AW  
Years ago

As per previous postings "Anonymous" by do something about it by creating your own section (which has obviously been done)... In life there is no point complaining about something unless you have a solution to fix it. Clarify things for you?

Reply #12449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im a girl...i play ball. i love the game...if it was an all girl sport it would turn into a pansy sport and die down. a froum cannot be sexist. its just depends on how people feel they want to voice thenselves.

Reply #14020 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

This is the sexiest forum ever , yeah gets me all hot and saaaweaty ....

Reply #216963 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754