ritz
Years ago

NBA LIVE 07

What does everyone think of the latest NBA Live game? I have it, I think its great!

Topic #9187 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Did you have 06 - alot have come out with the usual not much difference EA line.

Let us know a bit more in depth what you think about it.

How are the rosters, 06 was woeful in this department made/released way to early and too many roster changes come the start of the season.

Reply #103850 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Ive bought the NBA Live games since Mitch Richmond was on the cover - but I will be returning 07 and getting 2k7. The end of an era!.. EA sports lost me with this one.

I would say it is quite different to 06 in terms of game play/dynasty mode etc, but the PS2 version has a disgraceful amount of bugs in it.

-- No slider for CPU subs frequency - so the CPU NEVER subs unless a player is in foul trouble. Also, a player can be totally fatigued, but still play like normal.

-- If you try and play with the player lock on, it will automatically switch off after a while.

-- There is no Sideline camera view which was the only decent one in the past

-- Crappy point guards will score 40 + and cannot be stopped.

Reply #103861 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I think if you zoom right in with the camera angles they do offer you, it goes to sideline view...

Reply #103862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it is hard to block shots and defend in general. I alos hate it when the player your trying to pass to stops and the catches it sometimes which slows down the fast break.

Reply #103869 | Report this post

Years ago

What date were the rosters finalised for the PS2 edition? Are they much out of date at all?

Reply #103873 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

I totally agree Kwest... you cannot defend opposition point guards, they just get to the side of you and drive for either a layup or free throws every time.

also... dynasty mode is too easy now, after 11 games ive traded my team from:

Gasol
Abdur Rahim
Melo
Kobe
Gordon

to

Yao
Dirk
Melo
Kobe
Gordon/D-Will

Reply #103935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EA games have lost the plot!! If you have a choice people BUY NBA 2K7!! its reviews are raving and its absolutely awesome to play!

Reply #103944 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

When does it come out?

Reply #103948 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

2K7 should be out sometime this week according to K_mart at collanades, ill be getting it on xbox 360 so hopefully it is awesome.

Reply #103970 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

will it be $70 like the last few... i hope so coz if it is i'll probably just abandon 07 and play 2K

Reply #104135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2K is usually a lot cheaper than the Live series. Why is that?

Reply #104778 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

wish 2k7 made a pc version, its all ive got.

Reply #107356 | Report this post

Stiffy  
Years ago

I bought 2k7 for $48.. pretty good price. Word on the street is that EA sports has exclusive rights for NBA as of next season though.

Reply #107375 | Report this post

iostream  
Years ago

its hard to block the shoots of the cpu controlled team and everytime i dunk and lay up in front of them they can block my shoot easily damn hate the bug i whish EA will fix this in 08 or else
i will buy a pirate copy of this game they want to earn money they should give us a good product not full of bugged

Reply #134544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Play Zone defence you can stop gaurds from scoring but the no subbing by the cpu sucks and the no fatigue but wat u gonna do they need to wait on bringin out 08 and get all bugs removed first

Reply #134570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:31 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754