Roger DeRous
Years ago

Final call:Show Pony Award nominations

Hi all,

Just a reminder, nominations for the 2006 Conroy's Double Smoked Bacon Basketball South Australia Show Pony Awards close on November 6.

Matt Ryan is tipped as favourite for the prestigious award this year, with odds now of 2:1 with TAB sportsbet.
The award would cap off another stellar year for Mr Ryan, who also won the 2006 Flinders University Bachelor of Education Graduation Ball "Sgt Tom Croydon Award" for being the most Arrogant and Offensive.

Mr Ryan also won the Conroys awards in 2002, 2004 and 2005.

Other nominations this year include winner 2003 and runner up 2005, Luke Smith, currently holding odds of 3:1.
Other nominations posted on Hoops already include John Lawrence and Mark Frost.

Nominations for the Rising Stars Show Pony Award have been scrapped after it was found that Antrigg Jackman became peckish ate the other contestants. (Mr Jackman is disqualified as per competition rule 12.2 - "No competitor may eat another to gain an unfair advantage...")

Also in the main mix; Geoff "Mumbles - Where are the girls on Hanson Road?" Stanley has also been scrapped from the list after clause 23.8 in the competition rules stated that "nominees were requierd to have teeth".

All nominations must be posted on Hoops. A special ceremony will be held at 7pm on November 19 at Marion with special guest speaker John Lawrence.

Self nominations are allowed, and it is not limited to referees.

Regards,

Rog.

PS. Luke Smith, i did some digging about your lost bacon from the other year.
Conroy's said some young lady picked it up 2 years ago after the award was announced. Any one of your lady friends put on weight lately?

Topic #9188 | Report this topic

Damo  
Years ago

I can't wait. How much are tickets?

Reply #103854 | Report this post

ummmm.....  
Years ago

rumor has it that John is giving up his place as guest spreaker to "MUMBLES". if this is true can we please get an interprater cos i cant understand that homeless bum. also you wont have to pay him any money, just give him a couple bottles of coke.....

Reply #103958 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

What are these awards sprry? Ive never heard of them.

Reply #103969 | Report this post

ummmm.....  
Years ago

does skipping earn extra points in the betting ring, cos i had Luke umpire me tonight, and he was skipping down the court. i stayed around for the last game, and he was drinking a slushy all game.... and went for a refill at half time.

i think that has to get him in a few points nearing the start of race time

Reply #104199 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Not only did I win the "Sgt Tom Croydon Award for Most Likely to Offend through Offensive and Arrogant Behaviour" at the 2006 Flinders University Bachelor of Education Graduation Ball, but I have also been the recipient of 2 other highly sought after awards worth great prestige.

In March, I was awarded the "HOME HARDWARE RISING STAR AWARD" at the 2006 "CAN AND WILL MEDAL" CEREMONY.

And one night at Shenanigans, I was informed that I had won the 2006 "FLINDERS UNIVERSITY 2ND YEAR NURSING FRATERNITY AWARD FOR THE MOST ANNOYING, ANNOYING, ANNOYING PERSON IN THE HISTORY OF FLINDERS UNI".

As nominations close on the 6th of November, I realise that with great competition in the form of one Mr Luke Smith, I need to step up my game. Thus, I stand here, before all of you now and state that as God as my witness, tomorrow night, in every game that I referee, I will incorporate at least 4 "Moonwalks"!

Reply #104320 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

For all those interested, I did the 4 MOONWALKS!

Reply #104749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crickets chirping

no one cares kid.

Reply #104752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can referees expect anyone's respect while two of their own carry on like this?

No one is there to see you guys ref, they're there to see the players play.

Get on with your job and stay in the background where you belong!

Reply #104755 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Thank you very much for that "Anonymous" (#104755)!

Have you ever thought that because we have such an important and stressful job to do on court that we need an outlet for a bit of humour?

Anyone who knows me that when it comes to me reffing on court, I do it in a 100% professional manner! The "Moonwalks" I pulled out did not distract me from the game.

And by the way "Anonymous" (#104755), I should take your advice and stay "in the background". You seem to be able to do it great...You don't even put your name to your comments!

(And before anyone else jumps at me for my other sydonyms, pretty much everybody can work out who I am when I use other names!)

Reply #105145 | Report this post

Roger DeRous  
Years ago

Thankyou to all nominations for this year's awards. No further nominations were received from when this thread was first started.

I hope you all are waiting in anticipation for the ceremony on Nov 19th. More details will be published on Hoops as the date nears.

Bye for now.

Regards.

Rog.

P.S- Quick message to (#104755);
Pull your head in and get a sense of humour mate. Just because you weren't nominated for the award. Obviously no one is coming to watch you play...!

Reply #105438 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

OWNED!

Reply #105466 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Roger DeRous,

Was I succesful? If so, I will post my acceptance speech!

Reply #108550 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754