Anonymous
Years ago

Scaglia To The AIS!

Lisa Scaglia, along with Joe Ingles has gained a scholarship to the AIS!

(I think she deserves to have her own topic!)

Well done Scags! You have worked so hard for this, we're all very proud of you. All the best!

Topic #919 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Well done to Lisa (and Joe for that matter). Lisa especially as she's had to fight through plenty of knockers in her time, especially over the durability of her body.

Like Jirachi, I too hope it stands up to the challenge!

Reply #10083 | Report this post

read it somewhere  
Years ago

bishop got some appointment - can't remeber what it was - but it was at a national level

Reply #10111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok where you all get your info from is it listed anywhere!!! Has it been made offical

Reply #10117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well the news on scags and ingles comes from the horse's mouth!

Reply #10120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then is it true that Leah is coming back her choice because of schooling

Reply #10155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah thats what i hear...

Reply #10156 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Leah, Not her choice. Not working hard enough i hear.

Reply #10161 | Report this post

--->punk<---  
Years ago

welldone to scags, but shes an over-rated player whos prone to injury..but good luck to her shes been a good player all her life.
Friend was speaking to leahs mum and she said that leah has to come back (mums decision) for schooling.

Reply #10200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard similar 'in the know'

Reply #10203 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

isnt lake ginnindarra the school all of the young AIS people go to? or would she be coming back for a familiar setting to complete school? coz newel went to "Lake"last year

Reply #10225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the know which club will Leah return to. North has been mentioned because of the coach there or is she heading back to west

Reply #10264 | Report this post

Rory  
Years ago

Gees there is alot of rumours goin around...
Why doesn't everyone wait until they know the whole story before posting things they 'think' they know...???

P.S. Joe is tha man...& arnie if u read this, ur my hero.

Reply #10269 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

I beleive Leah will head back to West. We must not forget that Dodman from STurt is also going to AIS. Well done big fella!

Reply #10363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great work

Reply #10394 | Report this post

Years ago

i don't know much about the scholarship thing, but when do they start, ie, when will scags be gone? (I'm playing her team in 21's soon.... no hard feelings but it would be better for me if she wasn't there)

Reply #10404 | Report this post

leen  
Years ago

Leah is the bomb she is coming home cause of school lets just say lake G isn't the best! inside source!!!
shell dominant you all watch out SA!

Reply #10414 | Report this post

onceuponatime  
Years ago

I know something u don't know!!! I heard from a very reliable source that leah mencel is heading overseas!!! But you'll never guess where??? I heard that she was heading over to Kenya in the middle of Africa. Can ya believe it?? I never knew that Africans played basketball!!! Who knows, maybe she is just going to ski the african slopes and check out the elephants??

And another thing - are hair straighteners allowed at the AIS, or are they an occupational health hazard???

Reply #10425 | Report this post

rocketsRdaBomB  
Years ago

I'm not sure but if they aren't allowed someone (not mentioning any names) is gona be in trouble.hope they allow mascara though-for her sake.

Reply #10427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Onceuponatime I heard the same thing. Apparently she's doing some sort of community aid abroad thing in Kenya next year. She figures she'll have plenty of time for BB and school later on. Good on her I say.

Reply #10453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rocketsRdaBomb, what's that supposed to mean? Don't post rubbish like that; you just sound jealous of her stunning looks and mad game.

Reply #10460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha thats funny... stunning looks

Reply #10466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done, but look out for the big fella from sturt (dodman) is also going

Reply #10475 | Report this post

Kelly  
Years ago

Anonymous... figure out what you want to say, and write it in ONE post. Don't waste space and our time.

Grrr

Reply #10478 | Report this post

Monica  
Years ago

What u talking bout Willis (Kelly)? its probably all different ppl...drrrr

Reply #10479 | Report this post

Another Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha it'd have to different people that... they're all arguing with each other :P

Reply #10511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, I'm schizophrenic

Reply #10516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hang on a minute, No I'm not schitzo,
Yes I am, No I'm not, Yes I am,
No I'm not.......

Reply #10527 | Report this post

fatti  
Years ago

but welldone to joe lisa and jordan hope they do really well up there and prove that just because ya not from victoria ya can still be good at ball....

Reply #10680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She doesn't even wear much make up.

Reply #10693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont agree

Reply #10697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahah.. YES SHE DOES

Reply #10794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stop baggin scags, compared to her ur all crap. unlucky guys u dont get to go to the AIS.....

Reply #10918 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

i do...

Reply #10973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scags is a champ n she deserves 2 to the AIS. She is beta than most n who cares if she straightens her hair or wears mascara, lots of ppl do. Goodluck to 2 her she's da bomb. Goodluck 2 Joe as well

Reply #10996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love u Scags n i will miss u so much. HAve fun n we'll b seein u wen u cum back in da hollies. N let me tell every1 i think she is a stunner. xox

Reply #10997 | Report this post

fatti  
Years ago

omg just get over it guy stop making her look so good when shes no better than everyone else. just because she is going to the institute doesnt mean shes already a star, just get over it and be fair on here.

Reply #10998 | Report this post

hoki  
Years ago

Buddy if she wasnt beta than every1 else she wldnt be goin to the institute.She has worked her arse off to get there.

Reply #11021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scags IS GOOD! but not as good as as everyone goes on about. She's talked up alot...

goodluck to her, i hope she does well, and make SA proud :)

Reply #11044 | Report this post

Lisa Scaglia, derserves her AIS scolarship as does everyone else who recieves them. And there are also shops in Canberra where you can buy eye mascara. As I have purchased this product many times on several ocasions!!!!

CMC#15

Reply #11783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah exactly caitlin, hey caitlin can you tell me whos leaving out of the girls at the AIS for next yar and who are the new commers other than Bec, Lisa and Abby.....

Reply #11815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bec?

Reply #11836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bec schatz? from qld?.. she plays in the champion JPC team too.... if thats who ya talking bout... VERY well deserved!

Reply #11837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah thats is, BEC shatz from QLD, she got offfered last year and said no, louella tomplinson...(VIC--UNCO)(how ever spelt) and hayley munroe (VIC wid attitude) are a few i know of that def got a 2005 AIS schjolarship....

Reply #11886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does hayley munroe play for eltham?

Reply #11902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah she does play for eltham...

Reply #12119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If anyone cares, i found out who is leaving the ais....the girls leaving are:
Katheleen mcloud
Jenna O'hea
Leah Mencil
Gemma Kohler
and caitling cunningham
Im pretty definate that thats the 5 leaving! Just thought i would let some people know that are interested in that.

Reply #12403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Anonymous,
Go back and check your sources again.
I care,and I know that this is another example of the misinformed being definitely wrong when they think they are definitely in the know!!!!
Heard any other good rumours?
If not just make something up.Again.

Reply #12404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nuh actually its from the horses mouth, how would you know your not actually at the AIS are you...

Reply #12482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who did you heard from anonymous?

Reply #12488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard from one of the AIS girls, but they could of been wrong! Why thats your thoughts of what have you heard?

Reply #12520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In reply to everyone arguing about Scags up there... i don't think it really matters if she wears makeup or straightens her hair... she's an awesome basketball player and she's level headed about it too so that's enough for me. Go Scags, Good luck mate, you deserve it.

Reply #12607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

way to change the subject, concdiderin it isnt just scags going shouldnt you congradulate everyone going...lol its just manners if you didnt know! And yes scags is good at basketball thats why she is going to the ais.....

Reply #12831 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

JO INGLES!!!!!!!

That should be the title of the post!
Keep that name fresh in your head people!!!!! This Kid has the talent to rip it up in a big way! Good work to any1 else who is going but, Jo-jo you the man!

If you read this Jo I'm gonna school your ass at Live05!

BAgs what is that new toy you are playing with...?
A wireless internet card for your laptop!!! WOW!~

Reply #12861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ELLIE MANU (FEMALE 188CM) AND ANDREW OGILVY (208CM) FROM SYDNEY'S HILLS DISTRICT ARE GOING TO THE AIS. REPORTED IN LOCAL NEWSPAPER LAST WEEK. IT LOOKS LIKE A CLEAN OUT FOR THE GIRLS NEXT YEAR.

Reply #12866 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

cheers j-bags...
and for nba live, c'mon mate! u kno u got no hope in hell beating me... thats like sayin homer simpson would beat tiger wood's in a round of golf!

Reply #12916 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

homer would, he isn't bad. see the episode where he gives mr burns a golf game?

Reply #13274 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

Go joey

Reply #13917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she seems 2 be settling in well...

Reply #26038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey, just wondering if anyones heard about Abby Bishop's development over at the AIS? Any news on how shes going over there?

Reply #27819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard she's doing really well!

Reply #27826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah heard she is doing well! Heard she did really well in spain with the gems aswell. She apprantly started 3 games, which would be a huge confident booster for her. Keep working hard abbs

Reply #28434 | Report this post

Person  
Years ago

HI Guys! Stumbled across this when trying to find out where a few AIS players are going this year. Jenna O'Hea and Kathleen MaCleod are going to Dandenong I think! Is Gemma Kohler really leaving already. She hasn't been there long. Any news on Caitlin?

Reply #30730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenna and Kathleen part of a package deal !

Reply #30732 | Report this post

truth  
Years ago

hahaha! you people have no idea!

Reply #32047 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754