Mee to Adelaide?

I know it has been said b4 that Mee would not play under Smyth.

The rumour on Ozhoops is Mee wants to come back to Adelaide.

Perhaps Smyth is under pressure and Mee would certainly play under Ninnis and or Brooks?

What do people think? Adelaide could do worse than having Darnell back running the point regardless of what happens to Brett Maher.

Topic #9195 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I know it has been said b4 that Mee would not play under Smyth"

Can someone explain how this rumour can be continually spread with out any substance? If there is any substance behind it can someone explain the context because all it sounds like is more people trying to give Phil Smyth crap because they are small minded Nuff Nuff's.

Why won't Darnel Mee play for Phil Smyth? I guess martin Cattalini hates him as well for turning his career around in the late 1990's after it was basically stalling under Dunlap and Claxton, and David Stiff who no one wanted and then came to the Sixer and revitalized his basketball future?

I guess the only reason people leave the club is because they hate Phil Smyth but never for money as may be the case but player like Paul Rees, Kevin Brooks (as a coach), and Brett Maher must love him.

Explain why everyone who leaves the Sixer must hate Smyth and get some actual quote from the people mouth or shut the hell up because it's a load of shit.

Reply #103884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well no one said Cattalini or Stiff hates Smyth.

Reply #103885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They both left the program didn't they? Meaning they must hate Smyth as that the only reason why people leave

Reply #103889 | Report this post

Anon don't be a tool. I never said any of the players mentioned above would not play for Smyth except Mee.

It is Fact!!!!

There was a clash between the two of them, not saying Mee did not think Smyth was a good coach, just saying he wouldnt play for him again.... that's all

the quesion is do you think Mee would fit in well to the current squad?

Reply #103903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Can someone explain" i guess you can not.

Reply #103906 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

As much as I love Darnell. He is also getting on a bit now, sure he still has the skills and would definately help out the current team but if he is asking top dollar id personally leave him alone. if he want to come to adelaide on a reduced salary bring it on but full price forget it. As soon as he arrives, brad hill, sutton get even less court time. They may learn more at training but wont get as much game experience.

Reply #103916 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Mee to Horvath... Dunk
Mee to Horvath... Hook
Mee to Horvath... Layup
Mee to Horvath... Dunk again

... oooh that would be nice!

Reply #103927 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Mee WILL NOT return to Adelaide next year. He has no intentions in coming back to the Sixers. He did a while ago though!

+ Schensch will go and check out Europe. He says that he wants to play in Europe or try and get another NBA spot.

Reply #103931 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

damn 123 u just shut everybody down.

Reply #103943 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

123abc - you need to remember with new owners, KB on thhe coaching panel now, things could be different.....never say never...who woulda thunk we would see Copeland in a 6ers singlet?

Reply #103945 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

At the age of 41.

Reply #103962 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

....and what the hell is a 'Nuff Nuff'?

Reply #103992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin Sheedy coined the phrase Nuff Nuff, it's a basketball crappolla person.

Reply #104024 | Report this post

nba  
Years ago

This is what i have been told directly from them however yes circumstances can change and if the new owners and KB coming back makes Mee change his mind than it may just be possible. But i doubt it considering what he said.

Schensch won't come to the Sixers unless Europe and NBA fails, which i doubt. Luke DOES want to play for Adelaide some day.

Reply #104113 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754