Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers Thinking about Schenscher

On NBL is says that the Phil Smyth wants to sign Luke Schenscher? wat do u guys think about it.

Topic #9196 | Report this topic

hoops.com  
Years ago

I think it would be awsome and one of the best pick ups they would ever have!

Reply #103886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon

Reply #103888 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

I am glad they are trying to sign him, a local guy with a ton of talent.

Reading the nbl.com.au article, why is every player in the NBA a "star", I hate the lose use of that terminoligy.

"..NBA star Luke Schenscher..."
The guy got waived, I am quite sure he has not reached star status.

Reply #103891 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Good way to redeem yourself when many have criticized you for not being pro-active.
Would be good if it worked , but the cynic in me says its just spin.

Luke would surely want to play in Europe where he can be more visible to the more powerful agents and coaches etc, plus more lucrative deals available.

Reply #103892 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Uwe - Because NBL.com.au has taken a leaf from the South Dragons and decided that unreasonably hyping things is the best way to get attention... look at where it got the Dragons... And not every player in the NBA is a star - only the ones likely to come into the NBL - or with ties to it already... Dunno guys - i saw him play for the Yellowjackets - and well... Can anyone say Todd Mundt - sans the overactive salivary gland... Besides we have Horvath...

Reply #103912 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Horvath and Schenscher can play 2gether... we would win the championship this year if we got schecnch

Reply #103926 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I think if he wants to play for us we could afford him. Cut Wheeler, bring in Schenscher, cut copeland, cut nash, reduce mahers pay and minutes to give hill/ng/sutton more time in the guard positions.
Imagine this lineup...

Schenscher
Horvath
Hill
Farley
Maher

Mastro
Ng
Sutton
Cooper

Reply #103960 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

For a start would he be a 10 in rating...can we fit that? And how are we going to make any cap space for him?

As for the team, we are already "10 deep", so who do we cut?

Reply #103961 | Report this post

Years ago

I'm sure he'd AT LEAST average 10 points / 10 boards / 2 blocks per game, which is pretty valuable next to Horvath's 20 /10 already. If it's workable within the cap, and he's willing and commited, then the Sixers should definitely pull the trigger.

Reply #103978 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Wanting to sign him and actually having the money or the points available are two very different things.

Reply #103997 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

xztatik, we are more than one player away from the championship this year. Melbourne are in a different league at the moment.

Reply #104000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least making the call would make up for not even contacting him the first time around (actually, no it wouldnt)

Reply #104002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure thinking about him is all they would be doing.

Reply #104004 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I am also thinking about MJ........... (Jordan not Jackson!!)

Reply #104008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical smart arses, the Sixer (or phil) is dammed if it does and dammed if he doesn't.

IDIOTS - grow up

Reply #104025 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anon, so far it's a long line of "doesn'ts", so until Phil actually notches up a few "do's", he remains damned.

Telling a reporter that Schensher is being considered doesn't even begin to make up for Newley, Ingles, Holmes, Forman.

Reply #104030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking at 2006-07 Points there would be room under points

Player Name External Internal
BRETT MAHER 10 5
WILLIE FARLEY 10 10
NICK HORVATH 9 9
MARK NASH 7 6
BRETT WHEELER 6 6
ADRIAN MAJSTROVICH 6 6
DAVID COOPER 6 6
LANARD COPELAND 6 3
BRAD HILL 4 1
NICK HAMBOUR 3 3
TODD GOWER 2 2

Even allowing for player changes would not be much movement in points which total 57 with max of 68.

Reply #104067 | Report this post

Edgy Droves  
Years ago

Phil also "wanted" to sign Newley and Ingles.

Reply #104077 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

cmon 'thedoctor' I would expect better from you and this goes for all... How many times does it need to be said that Jacob and Oscar wanted to stay, but the Breakers and Dragons upped the money to a point where the Sixers couldn't match it anymore.

It was a question of dollars, not recruitment etc

Reply #104079 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Firstly, had they signed them during the season, there wouldn't have been other offers to consider. Secondly, the Breakers offer to Oscar was barely different to that of the 36ers and his decision was not based on the financial aspect.

A couple of years ago, Oscar took a very significant pay cut voluntarily (can't remember specifics, but around 30%) to help the team sign another player. If he was about the money, do you think he would have given up that much to be a 'team player'?

Reply #104091 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac - beat me to it. I know from playing Manager Mode on FIFA '06 that if you allow star players to come out of contract before season's end, you risk losing them to Chelsea.

Phil could do worse than play a liitle FIFA now and then....

Reply #104097 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Or Football Manager. European law means that players can talk to football clubs 6 months prior to the end of their contracts! Imagine if that was the case in Australia!

Reply #104247 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754