Pitstop
Years ago

Half Time Entertainment

Perhaps it would make all the hours of rehearsal more worthwhile if the Sixers Dancers danced at half time. They would get more recognition for what they do- not just 30seconds here and there- and be able to have some decent "court time" of their own.

Topic #9214 | Report this topic

Pitstop have you noticed that the time outs are for the players the dancing girls are 'frill'

I wait impatiently for the day that they and their leader learn that a time out goes for sixty seconds when the siren goes and the players start back onto go...disappear girls it is NOT about you.

Mind you saying all that the Lightning dancing girls are good they aren't too carried away about looking pretty (cause they already do) they do their routine and they are off.

so cafe primo girls.....game night DOES not revolve around you. I have not paid my hard earnt money to purchase a ticket to watch you. I've come to watch the game so can you please get your ass of the court when the big boys want to play.

Reply #104161 | Report this post

Pitstop  
Years ago

Exactly my point!!!!! I would prefer to not see them during the game too and if we have to have girlies, have them dance at another time.

Reply #104188 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I disagree. Perfectly happy to have them on court whenever possible, and time outs are a good opportunity. I don't think any of the dancers would be under the illusion that they're the focus of the night at all.

Get them on there quicker or cut down the routine to 25 seconds for time-outs and it'd be less likely that you'd have players returning to court while the girls are finishing up.

Reply #104208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More to the point I think the 'dancing' is out dated. The girls should be doing routines more like the Bring It On type stuff of U.S. groups.

Quit th dancing and do more acrobatic routines and people will show much more interest.

Reply #104220 | Report this post

past dancer  
Years ago

I am a past 36er dancer so I feel the need to point out a few things and stand up for the girls.

The girls dance routines only ever go for a max of 55sec and they are instructed to stay on the court unless the 36ers boys want to come back on, if the opposition team want to come back on early the girls are told to continue dancing.

"Bring It On" cheerleading is a completely different type of cheerleading to what the 36ers girls are paid to do. The "Bring It On' style is competitive cheerleading that they learn in college in the U.S.A. and are usually professional trained Gymnasts. They are also full time cheerleaders and takes them many years to master this skill. The 36ers girls only dance part time, they all either have full time jobs or are studying. Basketball cheerleaders are there to support their team, look beautiful, pump up the crowd and give the fans entertainment. All the NBA and NBL cheerleaders do this.

The girls also know that game nights do not "Revolve around Them". they have great passion for the the 36ers team and they do not get paid much money at all for the amount of hours they train so they basically do it for the love of the team and they support the boys 100%.

So speaking from a past dancer and knowing things from the other side, you should give the girls a bit of a break coz they work their butts off every week for the team and the fans!

On a last note, Instead of winging about what the dancers are doing how about just concentrating on supporting the TEAM and CLUB,and be a true supporter!

Reply #104280 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I think they are HOT...and they should dance more....and maybe wear less...

I am a true supporter.

Reply #104288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here here DB5. finally somebody has written something that we can all agree with.... WHOOP 'EM OUT!!!!

Reply #104416 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

i wana see midgets dunkin off spring boards and what not at half time, much more entertaining, especially if they stack it... and the chiks can dance and run around aswell ofcourse

Reply #104420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

complaining is boring guys

Reply #104534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754