Anonymous
Years ago

Radio: Crocs in danger of losing Newley

On a Crocs dedicated segment they spoke about the danger of Ian Stacker getting a coaching job in the league next year and this being a danger for the crocs because if Newley doesnt make it to the NBA he will end up playng for his former coach. They spoke about whispers in the league about possibly the New Gold Coast franchise as an option. This would disappoint me as a Sixers fan, surely if we could get a good coach plaus Newley, and if previous posts are true Schensher as well,this seems as the only option

Topic #9219 | Report this topic

Jasmine  
Years ago

That is a tough one. Hypothetically, is it worth getting Newley back if it meant having to endure years of Stacker?

Reply #104239 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea, there are worse than stacker but i would prefer Ninnis to be given a go if we were going to change coaches, again id keep Smyth for atleast another season personally, and doesnt Ninnis also have a good relationship with Newley??? also Ninnis has been able to recruit Holmes and Ingles to South, so if he took over the 36ers id guess he would have a fair chance of bringing them back, once there contracts are finnished

Reply #104242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ninnis still needs a couple more years of being a first assistant and then hand it over to him, would work well if Stacker had a contract for a couple years and then have Ninnis his succesor. Stacker would be good for us since he is one of the best recruiting coaches around, and with Nashy the only one with a second year in his contract we will need to recruit a lot.

Reply #104268 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Stacker great at recruiting coaches around well i must say thats all he can really do isnt it. Stacker was lucky at the crocs, the club had massive money behind it. When you dazzle $$ to rookies with promise they will be there. Stacker would have to be the worst coach i have ever seen. He had so much talent at the crocs and never one a championship, we would be mad to have him at the 36sers

Reply #104277 | Report this post

No to Stacker  
Years ago

if Newley follows stacker for the rest of his career he will NEVER WIN a championship. Stacker can only coach juniors ie under 23's and thats it! Coaches like Brendan Joyce, Goorj destroy stacker. Perfect example of cashed up club with stars losing a NBL final is Cros V Hawks. The only reason Hawks won was due to there Coach. Certainly wasnt the roster and i think we could assume the hawks do not have much money. Stacker has had the players and the money behind him. He just can not coach senior men. Never bring Stacker to 36ers!!

(Alert: Last two posts are from the same computer.)

Reply #104278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

busted

Reply #104308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that guy is spewing

Reply #104315 | Report this post

Michael Sweeney  
Years ago

I would not say Ninnis had a good relationship with Newley - he was one of 3 coaches at Adelaide who failed to talk to Newley when he returned from winning the MVP at the Albert Schwartzer tournament, having run up far superior stats to Jacob holmes, when he won it. A good relationship - I think not.

Reply #104326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael Sweeney, you sir are an absolute tool.
They would be why Ninnis and Newley made plans and caught up straight after last nights game in Townsville for several hours and keep in regular contact.
It was at Ninnis insistence to the other 2 that the 36ers even spoke to Newley at all and went to Melbourne to watch him play for the AIS way back when.
So please, don't be a dick.

Reply #104329 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

i think were all forgetting that newls is headed to the NBA next year, and 'no to stacker' your using brendan joyce as an example of a good coach... his crappy son is playin 23mins a game, i'd rather have stacker than him (only just, i still think stacker's pathetic too)

Reply #104347 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Coach Stacker would be good for Adelaide. He will develop the youngsters before they get to NBL level and would put them to the test on the court.

Problem in Tonsville was they and Stacker started to lose a little enthusiasum and it snowballed from there.

Oh and he will be a bit firey on the bench as well. He hates losing especially to Goorj and Joyce. Which will make a change from Phil.

Reply #104422 | Report this post

Jingles boyz  
Years ago

i know for a fact Joe was almost signed in Townsville and it was for one reason....Stacker. Not money, not playing time, but for the opportunity to be coached by someone that was going to make him better and continue to develop him. only once Stacker was let go by the Crocs did Joe look at other options. this alone makes me think he would be perfect for us. if young talented kids want to play for him and his recruiting ability, it would be a move in the right direction for bringing this franchise back to one of the power houses in the sport.

Reply #104438 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:56 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754