Michael Sweeney
Years ago

State Under 20 Men Trails

Please note that the trails for the 2007 State Under 20 team will be held at the SASI gym on

Sat 11th Nov 11.30am to 1.00pm

Sun 12th Nov 11.00am to 12.30pm

If you require any further information regarding the trails please do not hesitate to call me on 041 048 6693

Michael Sweeney
Team Manager

Topic #9223 | Report this topic

me  
Years ago

when does the girls trails start, does anybody know

Reply #104265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U20 Trails?

Are u taking them hiking Sweens?

Reply #104273 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Trails, it like tree-outs only different!

Reply #104281 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

ah, can of corn, can of corn and he'll be fine .. can of corn.

Reply #104290 | Report this post

drazen petrovic  
Years ago

who are the coaches / assistant coahces?

Hill??

Reply #104386 | Report this post

here's a tip to budding state players: the squads have already been picked. don't bother trying out

Reply #104411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

elg, if this is true then:

It's right to assume that only the people who have been "picked" will go out to trials. Only 10 or so turn up so they get picked. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy!

What really happens:

The coaches have a good idea (especially at Under 20's) of who they will pick, but the more people that go out and have a go, the greater the chance that the coaches will "take a chance" on someone they didn't consider. They then take these player(s) into the squad and see them train and play. Sometimes they stick and make the team.

Moral of the story for everybody who thinks they are a chance. Don't believe elg's negativity and go out to trials. The worse that can happen is you have 2 trainings and you get cut and you are no worse off than if you didn't go out. The best that can happen is that you make the team and have a great basketball experience that you can tell your grandchildren about!

Reply #104413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor ELG sounds like he may have missed out on making the team and is bitter

Reply #104417 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

It doesn't help with critics when the notice advises players to bring out SASI tops!

Reply #104430 | Report this post

No, what happens is that the players have had their state positions secured by about age 9.

Reply #104537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lmfao, tell Dix that!

God u are a moron

Reply #104547 | Report this post

FSG  
Years ago

ELG if I was a state coach I would know I wouldnt choose you before you came out because your game is so terrible, as a matter of fact I dont know why you bother playing now

Reply #104561 | Report this post

ahh, but you're not a state coach

don't hate

and even if i did bother to try out, i wouldn't have been selected, because i'm not athletic, tall and offensive minded.

Reply #104618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so not only would coaches not select you because you have a poor attitude, but you also self-admitadly have little game.

tissue?

Reply #104621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ELG,

you also are a poor defender who doesn't rebound very well. And played in a team that didn't win anything!

Reply #104623 | Report this post

Years ago

I dare them to pick a totally team-oriented player who's first thought is to pass on offense and defend with force and passion at the other end. Oh that's right, these players don't bother to go to trials, because they know they'll never get picked because their jumpshots don't go in from 3 point range and they don't dunk the ball fancily enough.

I'm not a bitter player who has missed out on selection in the past either, just ranting on the fact that tough hustle players seem to get overlooked for these squads, when they could be quite useful.

Reply #104664 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Picking tall, athletic, offensive players? Oh that sounds like a real bad strategy there....

Reply #104723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is when they're selfish and can't play defense

Reply #104724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't ELG the guy who complained bitterly about no Woodville U20's making the team a couple of years ago - then it being found out NO-ONE from the team actually went out to trials??

Reply #105392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"totally team-oriented player who's first thought is to pass on offense and defend with force and passion at the other end"

How about Tom Rowe? You don't need to dare, the coach already picked him last year, you tool! Go wallow in your self-pity!

Reply #105404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PS Daniel Zacharjak fits the bill as well!

Reply #105405 | Report this post

notlob  
Years ago

Can anyone post how the trials are actually going - how many are left in the trials, how many will be in the final squad, when is the final cut expected, how many new players are likely to remain?

Reply #161613 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754