thedoctor
Years ago

'Sheed Wallace Rule

Opening night - Sheed has 2 techs already. Love it.

Anyone know if any betting agencies are offering odds on who will get the most techs this year?

Topic #9226 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

He has three now. You would think that he would just shut up after his first wouldn't you?

Reply #104274 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Most overrated player in the NBA... Should be fun watching him get ejected game after game!

Reply #104275 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Actually, my mistake, the NBA scoreboard stuffed up, he does only have two. But still...

Reply #104276 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yeah, why spoil a good story with the truth!

Reply #104283 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

scoreboard shows Starbury has 3 techs, NY total of 5 --- and NY/Memphis now in 3rd OT ...

Reply #104285 | Report this post

rasheed36  
Years ago

Overated? Pistons won a ring coz they got him. It's his emotion that makes him what he is. I'm one of his biggest fans and he drives me nuts aswell. It would be boring without him.

Reply #104318 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

From what I'm lead to believe the Pistons interior defence was shite......The Pistons will miss Big Ben regardless of his offensive output. He brought fear into the opposition. Teams will now pound in inside knowing the Pistons have nothing inside to be scared off.

The bucks outscored the Tons 70-28 in the paint. That's huge considering the Bucks are considered a jump shooting team.

Redd ripped them a new one..

Reply #104327 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Interesting to notice pistons and miami, 2 of the favourites for the championship both got torn a new one by middle of the road teams.

Reply #104351 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

Kwest you're a joke do u know anything aboout basketball or do you just get on this website because you have nothing better to do??? Rasheed is a gun!!!

Reply #104357 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Ive been having hoop dreams since you were sucking on your mummy's left nipple son.

He had a couple of near all-star season's in Portland, and has done nothing really deserving of the attention he gets since. Not saying he's not a better than average player - just saying he is very overrated, and has a shocking attitude.

Reply #104359 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

rasheed36 - he averaged 13.6 ppg and 7 rbg in the season they won the championship.. while shooting a career low 43%. I mean hell - Kenny Thomas put up better stats in that season.

And the emotion factor? pfft.. you can't tell me leading the league in tech fouls is something that fires his teammates up!? Ive played with people like that, and watched a fellow nutcase (Fortson) play for my Sonics - and all it ever does is drive teammates and fans crazy.

Id go as far as saying Detroit won 'despite' Rasheed, not because of him.

Reply #104360 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sheed is totally overrated. He offers SFA on the defensive end, and unless he's hitting his jumpers, offers SFA on the offensive end.

Yeah, Sheed is a gun, a damn imitation gun... looks good, but no pop.

The guy is Captain Rats....

Reply #104363 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

TR - Sheed offers SFA on the defensive end? That is utter BS, he is generally regarded as one of the better tall defenders in the L.

Reply #104371 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Lockstock - while on court you may be right - when focused can play some hard defense - he just seems to be too volatile and too many things get under his skin putting him off his game. Cant play much D when your sitting on the bench with 2 techs next to your name!

Reply #104372 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If he's on my roster his ar$e grows splinters come crunch time. I think you'll find his defense is suspect and it was Big Ben that covered his back which led people to believe he was actually a better defender than he is.

In the old days, he'd be the weakside defender, or if a player is going at him, he'd have Big Ben sliding across as the help. Big Ben on the weakside heap was damn right nasty.

If I'd had Big Ben as my weakside help I'd be classed as a decent defender myself.

Reply #104390 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

I would think that career averages of 16 and 7 with over a block and a steal and good FG% would be considered very good in any ones critique .
The other thing is the versatility he has shown with changing roles in teams he has been on .
Last year to average 1.9 three balls made and back that up with 1.0 steal and 1.6 blocks shows just this .
Unfortunately for sheed the one thing he can not change is his tempestous personality .
I guess people that don't like this trait will say he is overrated .
IMO he is so talented that maybe he only does just enough and this mentality is probably the only thing that stops him completely dominating games day in and day out .
facts are facts though he came and the pistons conquered for one year anyway .

Reply #104408 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

Kwest if i remember correctly didnt he play in the all star game last year? So he has obviously had a good season since being at Detroit, he has a bad temper but thats why alot of people like him

Reply #104421 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Bibby and Melo both ejected aswell. Were they both under this rule? can anyone shed some light?

Reply #104425 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Bully, he only played in the All-star game because all the Pistons starters, except Prince, were put in there.

They had only lost a handful of games to that point, so Sheed was rewarded for his teams good record, not really for his own play.

Reply #104426 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

He certainly didnt have an allstar season if you look at stats alone. Dwight Howard had a much better season, but was on a losing side so didnt get considered.

Reply #104428 | Report this post

rasheed36  
Years ago

Like I said he drives me crazy when he goes off the boil. Yes they lost a great deal in Ben going to the bulls, I wish he was still there.
In defence of sheed I've heard the rest of the team say he's the vocal leader of the team.
We all know how great Ben was on the defensive end, but don't underate how much sheed means to them on that end of the court as well.

Reply #104516 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754