Panther
Years ago

'Mo'vember

Hi all,

It's that time again peoples!!!
During Movember (the month formerly known as November) I'll be growin a moustache. That's right I'm bringing the Mo back because I'm passionate about changing the state of men's health.

Male health is a major issue, did you know:

Men are far less healthy than women. The average life expectancy of males is 6 years less than females.
Every year in Australia 2,700 men die of prostate cancer  more than the number of women who die from breast cancer.
Depression affects 1 in 6 men&Most don't seek help. Untreated depression is a leading risk factor for suicide. Rates of suicide are more than double the national road toll.
Help me change the face of men's health by sponsoring my mo.

Please go to http://www.movember.com/au/sponsor, enter my Rego number which is 32708 and your credit card details. All donations of $2 and over are tax deductible.

The money raised by Movember will be used to change the face of men's health by creating awareness and funding research into prostate cancer and male depression. So don't be tight arses and dig deep for a great cause.

Movember culminates at the end of the month at the Gala Partè where I'll be parading my Mo on the cat walk for a chance to be crowned the Man of Movember. If you want to be part of this great night you'll have to purchase a Gala Parte ticket for $33.00 (inc GST). If I see you there and you've donated I'll even buy you a beer!!!

Cheers

JB (aka Panther)

Topic #9228 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

Great work Panther - Ill be joining you in your quest this year and sporting a Mo of my own.

Heres to looking like Magnum, Boony or even Chopper for a whole month!

Reply #104294 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

didnt you get kicked out of the "Gala Partè" last year?

Reply #104296 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Im still getting over Rocktober..

Reply #104298 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I have no idea what you are talking about Lloyd... Are you emailing from the strip club again????

Reply #104301 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

just about finished my dodgy mo, our cricket club supports Movember anually, its a great cause mens health,

get behind it peeps and grow the tache

Reply #104313 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Come on guys and girls, get behind this great cause and make a small donation, whether it's $2 or $200 it all helps!!!

Reply #104915 | Report this post

sponsor  
Years ago

Hey Panther, now that we are in December and 'Mo"vember is over how about an update on your Mo?

How much did you raise and what about posting a photo of the results?

Reply #109005 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Thankyou to everyone who sponsored me or anyone else for that matter, it went to a fantastic cause.I ended up raising just over one hundred dollars personally but the most important thing was the foundation itself raised over $4.1 million dollars!!! Last year it raised just over $1.2 million so this years effort was fantastic.
There were more than 57,000 "Mo Bro's" registered with the organisation which is just amazing, so hopefully more will get on board next year and we can raise more than this year.
And remember guys, it's not the size of the Mo that counts, it's what you do with it!!! ;)

Reply #109016 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

So, what did you do with it Panther???

Reply #109019 | Report this post

sponsor  
Years ago

so are you saying you are a "little bit" inadequate in that department Panter?

Reply #109020 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Come on Panther.....you show us yours and Ill show you mine....

well done everyone who took part - raising 4.1 million is a huge effort!

Reply #109022 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754