crackatinny
Years ago

morphett vale stadium

i was bored and i wondered "hmm what does every body think of the mrophett vale stadium. please share with me.

Topic #9229 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

think you should crack another tinny

Reply #104300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matthew Alexander is the best stadium manager we have ever had and Southern will be the powerhouse in basketball this year.

Reply #104302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its the best stadium ever. They should hold all NBL there

Reply #104303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

possibly the worst stadium bar hillcrest, marion and pt adelaide?

Reply #104306 | Report this post

nice  
Years ago

port adelaide looks ok now its had a new coat of paint well done to bsa or westies whoever done it even the toilets are nice and clean

Reply #104309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worst stadium. We should donate for some lighting. Home town reffs as well.

Reply #104310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for that post #104302. Good to have your input Matt

Reply #104312 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

home town refs my a$$, i play for southern and think theyre $h!t, well at least the ones my team's had... hate that fat one

Reply #104322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which fat one?

Reply #104323 | Report this post

interesting  
Years ago

Matthew who?????
No more needs to be said.

Now that Morphett vale has been mentioned Bill will sack the thread.

Reply #104330 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

massive hole!!

Reply #104334 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

To put it simply: Too many dead spots in the floor!

Reply #104338 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This is about the stadium, not about the refs. Please keep it that way.

Reply #104344 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

Who are u interesting? Bill hasnt sacked anyone since hes been there

Reply #104349 | Report this post

Bully I think they are talking about Billy Hopkins getting the topic sacked not the Referee Development Bill sacking people

Reply #104355 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

i hate the refs at Port Adelaide.

One is high on caffeine and always drinks a full 2L coca cola bottle in about 3-4 hours and another there are others that are fat and lazy. They call the stupidest fouls!

I don't like how they call so many travels either. A bit hot on that...

I know they ref and they are good for the basketball community but they are terribl refs.

Reply #104364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The worst!! including Hillcrest- dead spots everywhere.....

Reply #104366 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Dark, and in the middle of winter the place is like an icebox.

On the positive side, there is always enough parking, there is a huge variety of culinary delights from the canteen and the food they provide after the ABL games is great.

Reply #104367 | Report this post

J Letts  
Years ago

Not exactly sure what people are going on about. Morphett Vale is best place to watch racing from. Sure, there are a few dead spots where drainage is an issue during winter but is normally a fast track. Much better than Vic Park or Cheltenham. Haven't ridden at Hilcrest; is that the trotting track around GAZA oval?

Reply #104369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Atleast its open Sturty6ers...maybe they can take a lesson from Pasedena and lower the level of the lights to improve the visibility, but maybe stop at having them not crash to the floor. Have to agree the canteen food and bbq at Morphett Vale is excellent and have never heard a complaint about the food after an ABA.

Each stadium has its own quirks and aside from Starplex, Mars, Wayville and Pasedena, most stadiums are old and were probably state of the art when built.

As far as Mt. Barker goes, have heard that Eastern maybe be playing out of the new gym being built at Heathfield High School.....any truth to this rumor ?

Reply #104370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morphett Vale isn't that bad. It has been up for over 20 years and back then it was great. How long did pasadena last? I think it would be lucky to have been 5 years.

OK. there are some things that can be improved like the floors and lighting but basketball can still be played there (unlike Pasadena), and people actually have a place to sit (unlike Marion and hillcrest).

But the things in the canteen and in that little cage who take the money. Well they should be caged or muzzled! They make me want to avoid the place.

Reply #104374 | Report this post

interesting  
Years ago

ouch .... bully caught telling lies

Reply #104375 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Some state of the art, Some state of the Ark!

Reply #104384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about the reserves draw for the season?

We (bearcats) have already played three games at Morphett Vale - not one against the tigers!

We had a HOME GAME against Torrens Valley at Morphett Vale the other night.

weird..

Reply #104401 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

104401 - its nice to see it the other way around for a change. For the last 5 years at least every team from South of the city have been playing their games at port/hillcrest/the dome every week.

Reply #104405 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

Sorry mate buy Billy Hopkins hasnt fired anyone either.

Reply #104406 | Report this post

interesting  
Years ago

bully ... by name and nature...

just because you say he hasnt with a lie does not make it the truth.

You dont know what you are talking about.... so go bully somewhere else

or you to will be sacked by bill

Reply #104410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

123abc, you show in the thread above that you are such a good player/coach a good team, cos that ref you refer to does thursday nights. and what division is that again.....
hmm, perhaps it is not just the refs that are $hit

Reply #104412 | Report this post

mogo  
Years ago

Every parent knows you rate a stadium by its coffee, especially early on a Saturday morning. It's weird but all the stadiums that start with "M" seem to come up trumps in this respect...

Reply #104427 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

One of the worst stadiums, just an old tin shed, really dim, dead spots in the floor. The only thing its got going for it the good coffee. Hate playing there and bloddy glad its not my home ground.

Reply #104452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting 104375, bully hasn't been telling lies. I have seen and heard those feral in-bred things. They look like they are from port adelaide. And support them too. It is not really coffee. it is their tap water.

Reply #104540 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

123abc, i know the coke drinking guy youre talking about, im surprised that guy has any teeth left, and he looks like he's on crack.

Reply #104546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#104370, Heathfield gym gets under way this coming Wednesday

Reply #104594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

VC Fan u should probably ask him bout his teeth you might find that he doesnt hav any.

Reply #104596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lk

Reply #105138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754