Fezlington
Years ago

Powell Wins POW

Powell averaged 31.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 2.0 blocks and 2.0 steals

Redhage 23.0 points, 11.5 rebounds, 8.9 assists, 1.5 blocks and 1.0 steals.

I would take those stats from Redhage over before Powell

That POW award was bullshit

Redhage had a triple double as well

Topic #9295 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Redhage split two games at home, and the win and TD was over the worst team in the league.

Powell led his team to beat the Tigers by around 20 points, and then overcome the 36ers in Adelaide with a 16 point final quarter.

Not quite bullshit, IMO.

Reply #105164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Either of them deserve to win it..I cant split them..

Powell dominated as we saw against the 36ers.

Redhage had a triple double (which is the first of this season) and more all-round stats.

Perhaps the NBL takes into account if both games are won and the opposition, hence they gave it to Powell

Reply #105167 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

They have said that in the past the W column is what is used to seperate players with similar stat lines.

Reply #105181 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Fez .. arent you a one-eyed Wilcats man/woman anyway ?

Powell is damn good. The 36ers could not stop him. The only thing i can see stopping him this year is himself - he gets upset with calls easily and gets down on himself.

I would say that Redhage's assist average is very impressive though.

Reply #105191 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Hilarious to think that Powell ISNT GOOD ENOUGH for the All-Star Game!!!!! They've stuffed that one up big time. Heck Weathers is turning it on too...31 against the Tigers...but I'd much rather see Owens from Cairns haha

Reply #105198 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skyhook, I don't think he gets down on himself - I think he feels that the refs have personally let him down. ;)

Reply #105200 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I sure am a Male One Eyed Wildcats supporter Skyhook.....Good Pick Up

Maybe ur right.....Breakers get both wins and thats what the NBL looks at

Redhages avgs are far better than those of Powells was the point i was trying to make

And yes we did beat the 2-6 razorbacks but NZ beating the struggling Sixers isnt much better

Sixers need Maher back in a hurry

Reply #105213 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fezlington, the Sixers had Maher and were on their home court. If you were here, you would've felt the atmosphere - the Breakers were down by about seven, the crowd was going nuts, and it was far from an easy win - it was a one-basket game until the last minute.

Redhage was at home against the Pigs.

And how are his averages "far better"?

Powell averaged 8 PPG, 0.5 BPG and 1 SPG more. Redhage had 0.5 RPG and 4.4 APG extra. Powell's extra HSA = 11.75 vs Redhage's 9.55. Not even better, let alone "far better".

Reply #105221 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

*BANG*.. *THUD*.. Fez hits the floor.

I dont think he's getting up folks.

Reply #105230 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL.....im up....its ok

Perhaps ur right, For a bigman to avg 8.9 assists, when the Wildcats have decent point guards to handle the ball

I thought that may have tipped the favor his way

Guess not...lol

Reply #105268 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL.....im up....its ok

Perhaps ur right, For a bigman to avg 8.9 assists, when the Wildcats have decent point guards to handle the ball

I thought that may have tipped the favor his way

Guess not...lol

Reply #105269 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754