unit
Years ago

NBA 2K7 - Thoughts?

G'day,

NBA 2K7 has been out for a couple of days now.... just wondering if anyone has had a chance to play it and do they feel it's an upgrade over NBA Live 07?

Got mine not long ago but haven't had a chance to have a play just yet...

Topic #9342 | Report this topic

wolly  
Years ago

i bought the game today and i think its great. i must say tho that it takes a bit to get use to. the iso motion is wicked and the game play is far better than 07. the only thing that live has over this game is grafics. apart from that this game in my opinion is an 8/10. live being a 6/10

Reply #105804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the franchise mode or whatever they choose to call it better than that of Live '07?

Reply #105805 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

its a great game, the best bball game in years since inside drive for mine. As for the franchise mode, its nothing flash but that is something the 2k team are known for. I would suggest that this is an area where the will develop further now that they have a VERY solid next gen base to build on. They have a 24/7 mode i think its called where you build a baller from stratch through their career but i never spend any time on it.

Reply #105814 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I am going to buy 2K7 or LIVE 07 and i am interested in thoughts.

How much better is the gameplay in 2K7 over LIVE 07?

Is the Association mode/Franchise mode better in 2K7? What extra/less can you do in 2K7?

Can you do more moves in 2K7? Are the shots and moves more realistic?

Which one should i get?

Reply #105843 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

123abc, don't get Live. I bought it and after a couple of days had to take it back, it was that bad.

So many bugs it's not funny, plus it's almost impossible to play D on the opposition point guard.

Worst. Live. Ever.

Reply #105947 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

DONT get NBA Live. And thats from a user of over 10 years.

Reply #105955 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

The franchise mode in 2K7 is deep, very deep - the association. To say that Live has a better franchise mode is just utter crap, this game shits all over EA's yearly updates by a mile, if you are serious about wanting a basketball sim then you gotta get 2K7.

Reply #105956 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I would not really call the association very deep, its about the same as every year. Nothing has really changed over last year although the new player cards and three team trades are great.

Reply #105965 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I have bought 2K7 and have played Live 07 (XBOX & PS2) and my personal view is that if your after a game with simple gameplay and great AI to go against the obvious choice would be to go with 2K7.

If your after a game that looks a bit better and has different features (all-star weekend etc) then go with Live 07, but be warned...The new superstar controls on Live are not all their cracked up to be. They are difficult to adjust to and take time to perfect....

thats my opinion, but do what you like =]

Reply #105966 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Thanks for the help, today i went out and got 2K7. It is great!

A thousand times more realistic than Live 06. The net is so much better and actually looks real, the crowd is awesome and the dunks and jumpers are great.

I am really happy with my choice. Went to 7 stores in the city to find it though.

EB Games X
Harvey Norman X
David Jones X
Myer X
JB HI-FI X
Radio Rentals X
Toys'R'Us X
EB Games to decide to get it ordered in, they just got a copy.

After all of that i finally got it.

Reply #106092 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

association deepest out there in terms of being a 'real GM'.

If you want arcade you get Live, if you want a sim and the best basketball game to date, get 2K7.

Reply #106104 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I personally have gone out and bought Live since 94. After trying it this year though, I was very disapointed in the changes. Went out and got 2k7 last night, it is way better.. bit of getting used to the controls, but way better on game play.. just my opinion.

Reply #106405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:00 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754