walsh peter
Years ago

Phil Smyth Wednesday night

Isaac

I would love to do an interview with Phil on Wednesday,immediately after the game,on the court for all the gathering to hear.

Win ,lose or draw.

I know Phil often goes upstairs and has a chat BUT I thought this might be a chance for all the supporters to hear from the coach.

To all of the contributors ,I can promise I will ask the hard questions.

Can you have a think and put the proposal to Phil for me.If its ok the full interview would then be posted on the abc site.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Topic #9364 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

You should speak to the club. I don't have any contact information for Phil personally and I am not in charge of running game nights.

What about requesting an interview with Mal Hemmerling - could be done at half-time? He started work last week and I think it would be interesting to hear his perspective and introduce him to the crowd as part of it? (If that's already been done, I must've missed it.)

Reply #106272 | Report this post

walsh peter  
Years ago

Isaac

We audio stream all through half time so it would not be possible.

I will talk to P B

Thank you

Reply #106279 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

How about an audio of both Mal and Phil at separte times and put the audio on the abc site?

Great thinking walshy, love to see you are trying to help the public get what they want.

Reply #106288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think hearing what Phil has to say about the state of all things basketball is no longer of any importance. I don't believe he will be part of the going forward process of the sixers if they are to be a force in the next season or two, so what's his perspective worth?
I'd like to hear from Mal on what his vision for the next 3 or more years is. Then we could make up our minds if there is a direction or if the ABC has an altogether different agenda.

Reply #106297 | Report this post

Jimmy The Snitch  
Years ago

And what are you going to do if mal Hammerling implies that Phil is his desired coach for the long term?

Just because you are anti Phil and fail to see what he has achieved in his time in basketball, doesn't mean everyone is.

Reply #106305 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

And I am wondering how the ABC would have an agenda in all of this?

Reply #106310 | Report this post

Jimmy The Snitch  
Years ago

I am not implying anything about the ABC or Peter Walsh but since Yogee asked what sort of hidden agenda the ABC could have for lobbing for this interview, it may be like a commercial news station with a big time interview.

How many times during a footy season with the Crows and Power player appearing on a 7, 9 or 10 news service have you heard an advertisement regarding an exclusive interview with a star football (Mark Ricciuto and his Parvo Virus and Warren Tredrea and his Knee injury) and no new information has actually been reveal. A TV station could get 10 to 20 thousands extra viewers on that night that will potentially tune in but to gather no new information.

That could be the ABC hidden agenda, to get more listening to the broadcast and given there KPI a major shot in the arm.

Reply #106314 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Alright Yogee, I don't mind spelling it out for you. I think you will find 106297 was referring to ABC Learning Centres, rather than 'the ABC'.

Reply #106315 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

just heard on the CH10 news preview that Mal cannot guarantee that Smyth will be coach next year - be interesting to hear the full story. No doubt it will be something about everything will be subject to a full review...

Reply #106316 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

RE: my previous post... or maybe not lol. Note to self: don't try to do three things at once, you are not smart enough for that!

Reply #106317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys ....I gave you more credit than that..my ABC agenda is Brisbane based.
What would I do if Mal says "Phils the Man', nothing but it would allow me to develop conspiracy theories. And I'm not anti Phil or his marvellous past achievements but I am not for keeping him because I think his time with the sixers has expired and a new, fresh and passionate direction is needed.

Reply #106318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Cat..there is life in the hat.

Reply #106319 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Thanks #106319, guess I'm smarter than I thought. When everyone around me started going on about 'the ABC', I thought I must have read it all wrong!

Reply #106326 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Even if Phil was interviewed on Wednesday, would people take notice?

It wouldn't change the teams performance or the unity within the team.

It wouldn't make them play with more passion.

Reply #106336 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Walsh, for your information Phil has not made a single appearance upstairs so far this season. This has been a huge disappointment as no doubt there would have been a million and one questions to ask of him. Either he is avoiding ot or he really does have more important commitments straight after a game.

Reply #106355 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Did you see him at the quiz night this year EC? Does he have a second job?

Reply #106362 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No I didn't. He must have something else that keeps him away from anything related to the 36ers.

Reply #106363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Peter,

Have you heard the term 'Fariy tale Phil'. Ask him all the hard questions you want. I for one would not believe what answers come back.

That he still has not conseded that Oscar left to improve his gave, buut still claims that he left due to money shows how full of it he is!

Reply #106378 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Got absolutely buckleys of Phil agreeing to that.

Reply #106533 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754