The Journo
Years ago

Rose a Taipan for the Season??

It seems that Robert Rose has survived the return of gary Boodnikoff and has remained in the Cairns rotation for now.

Is this a permenant thing? If so it would be great for him to go out with a championship, he deserves it.

Topic #9385 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Can you go and post that on OzHoops? I want to see what happens! Just kidding.

Reply #106550 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

It's interesting that he stays on.

How does he fit under the slaray cap now that his salary wouldn't fall under bood's replacement.

How does he fit under the point system?

It would be interesting to know as IMO he would have been a better pickup for the Sixers than Copeland and realistically should be on similar $$ and similar points in the system...

Who got cut from the 10 to keep him on?

Is Damon Thornton ever coming in once Mee is naturalised or perhaps that is whats fallen through the Rose moves in as Thornton's replacement?

Reply #106555 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

DJ...I think Copeland has more left than Rose. Just my opinion.

Reply #106558 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thornton in on Dec 3 apparently.

Update:

Boodnikoff is replacing George who had previously travelled with the team. I think Thornton must be replacing Rose.

Cairns ten is:

Cattalini 9/9
Grabau 5/ 5
Oakley 5/ 3
Martin 6/ 6
Mee 9/10
Owens 10/10
Boodnikoff 9/ 9
Rose 6/ 6
Stewart 8/ 7
Smith 1/ 1
--
Total: 68/66

Thornton (an 8) replacing Rose makes them 68 points and safe.

Reply #106559 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

lucky would be blowing his load isaac if he got wind of this

Reply #106560 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Jasmine, sure copes will light it up one game and stink the next, but rose gives you a BALL CARRIER who seems to have finally adapted to his role with the pans.

Thornton an 8? I'm thinking the Sixers should have got Farley re-assesed earlier in the season when he wasn't playing so well!!

Reply #106611 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754