Anonymous
Years ago

Locked: Sturt Develop a New Tactic

Sturt U16 girls have developed a new offense. It's called the flop. Post players now bellyflop on their opposition players. Can't wait for the movie!

Topic #9454 | Report this topic

Stiffy  
Years ago

Yawn... stop the bitching..

Reply #107309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see you can win a game and leave everything on court.

Reply #107310 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

9454 - if you were so offended why didnt you or your Coach complain to the Umpire in Charge?

Reply #107323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stop your whingin, concentrate on your own game you tool

Reply #107339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stiffy Im sure your pseudonym is the closest thing you get to it.
I don't belong to the winning team or club but you should be ashamed of this particular tactic which saw the same girl given a bath in state where she was picked up by the good refs for this sort of play.
Always slow , always elbows and now the body flop.

Reply #107342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like another Rocket boring us with excuses why they lose.

Reply #107353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North won my dear old thing but Westminster need to have their floor boards done and will be closed for a year. Was that what closed Pasadena? The flop has struck!!!!!

Reply #107355 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Ah.... good old Westminster. The only stadium where you take a foul shot with lights shining straight into your eyes.

Who ever designed the stadium obviously has never played Bball.

great stadium, shocking lighting system.

Reply #107359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so, one girl from one team is doing it? why paint the whole age group and the whole club? wanker.

Reply #107372 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

9454 and 107355 - If you have an issue bring it up with the Refs at the game, this kid is only 13-14 at a crucial age of her development - mentally, spiritually and physically and you come on here and bag her - the damage that you could do with a couple of lines of bagging her could do untold damage if she were to get wind of it - if her parents were to read this thread I am sure they would want to bop you in the nose. If you have nothing constructive to say about a kid of this age - say nothing

Reply #107373 | Report this post

Stiffy  
Years ago

"Stiffy Im sure your pseudonym is the closest thing you get to it."

Yawn...

Reply #107374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stiffy you're known to be impotent.......

Reply #107376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a team game..coach has to condone it for it to occur so often.
'damage to her spiritually, mentally and physically' you sanctimonious twerp, what about the physical damage she has been doing to kids for yonks.
Constructive criticism: Coach her to use her aggression fairly, instruct refs to protect players wearing different colours to the home team, and don't wait until a kid is put in hospital before you see the light.

Reply #107379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why there is a post about this is frustrating the shit out of me. Whoever made this needs to get a life and stop picking on the other team and worry about yourself.

Reply #107390 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Point is from reading this thread is that no-one who was there went and complained to the Coach or the Refs - so getting on here and assasinating 13-14 year old kid achieves absolutely nutter, zilch, zap, zero - you blog like you were there - so why didnt you have the guts to actually speak up at the game! instead of blogging on here, because no-one who actually matters or can change the way kid is playing is going to read this thread so nothing gets changed and nothing is achieved.

Reply #107396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im not understanding exactly what happened

"Sturt U16 girls have developed a new offense. It's called the flop. Post players now bellyflop on their opposition players. Can't wait for the movie!"

The image all i see is some girl underneath a sturt girl. And that because this girl is squashed under here its a free ride to the basket.

Is this correct????

Reply #107400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhh come anon, don't you matter.

Reply #107405 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

#107353 Absolute Rubbish
(Westminster need to have their floor boards done and will be closed for a year.) It is just time for normal resurfacing.

Reply #107409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they have any spare boards left can they take them to Pasadena?

What is it with Sturt and floors?

Reply #107425 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Sturt coach to team: "Crash the boards ..."

Reply #107459 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

DaddyO

The problem with that comment is................

Reply #107495 | Report this post

Kathy  
Years ago

Hey guys, i have been a parent from the winning side for a lot of years, i think i also know who you are talking about, what dissapoints me is the way we are quick to put players down, i dont see any bad remarks about our side, also i overheard bagging from certain parents and did not like it, and i think i know the parents of who you are talking about, be-aware of your surounds as i may happen to open my mouth in the wrong place, i dont think you would want to tell her parents face to face. Lets take the win and not drag ourself down by this kind of rubbish, we are a better club than this kind of rubbish....

Reply #107503 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

well done kathy

Reply #107510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only one parent at nationals to say that and not originally from north

Reply #107707 | Report this post

absolute crap  
Years ago

This post just about sums up why basketball in SA is in a state of disrepair. I'm surprised Isaac that you allowed this post to get this far. I think the parents of the child people have been talking about have a good case for some form of litigation. Very irresponsible on all fronts. Lets see what happens from here, but I suggest that you lock it. Like Kathy above said - hope like hell the parents do not want to take it further - I hope they do and encourage them too.

Reply #107732 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't follow this league so I don't know exactly what's being discussed. If it is a major problem, someone should make their case by email. These sorts of comments are rife in junior basketball and it makes me glad that I have no involvement with it at all.

If there is a potential legal case, get a court order, I will provide the necessary information, and someone can identify and punish the original poster - I won't stand in the way of a legitimate complaint.

I will lock it now regardless. Realise that if I had locked this to begin with, I would be accused of favouritism - zzz.

Reply #107776 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754