Bizzy
Years ago

Jazz 10-1, Big Ben Lost It? Lakers for Real?

These are some serious questions that need to be answered.

How on earth are the Jazz 10-1? Can they keep this up season long? Personally I don't think so. They are one serious Boozer injury away from mediocrity.

Has Big Ben - 4-time DPOTY - lost it? He doesn't seem to be his ol' defensive/rebounding monster he was in Detroit. Is it the system and players around him? I would have to say yes, the Bulls as we speak are not a good defensive team, and hell not a good offensive team either. Big Ben should have stayed in Detroit, Chicago seriously downgraded with Ben.

Are the Lakers and Kobe for real? Kobe and Lamar working in tandem, now this could become quite scary. Bynum is a monster no doubt, just needs to find some offense.

Learn more about how the lakers are looking this season here

So many more questions, so little time to answer.

Topic #9484 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

The Bulls are way overrated IMO. They play good defence, but are very very average on the offensive end. They have zero post offence and they usually need Gordon to light it up or at least Hinrich and Noc to do well. I think they have too many similar players that all have the same strengths and the same weaknesses and they have been worked out.

Big Ben will be screwing the Bulls for the next 4 years. I guess it's a little karma for that rip off deal involving Curry. I hope the Knicks do well for that reason alone and the Bulls have a late lottery at best. I'd hate to see them with Oden or Durrant.

How would of thought the Hawks would of been 4-4. Looking good for that 35 games Bizzy... The raps should be kicking themselves for the Barganini pick, looks a little lost. ROY could be close this year with no real stand-out rookies.

Just how tough is the Southwest division. 4 teams at .600 or above. Dallas has come good with a 6 game win streak.

Memphis suck and can't get Pau back quick enough, and Utah will win the Northwest division by a landslide. Miami look done for and it's early in the season, and the East has very little chance of winning in the Finals this season.

The East only has 6 teams play +500 ball whilst the West has 10 teams, making for a very interesting season.

Reply #107704 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Morrison ROY easy, agree with bizzy and TR bout Chi.

Bynum is gonna be awesome, i've seen glimpses of a great offensive game but he definetely needs to be more consistent, how deep are the lakers this year! so many young improving players are now working around Kobe and Odom, its a pity Mihm's out for so long but now Bynum should thrive even more with the minutes and i'm expecting the lakers to finish about 2nd or 3rd in their division... which is REALLY strong this year by the way.

Reply #107712 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Warrick to get Rookie of the year. I'll bet my house Morrison doesnt get it. Does nothing except score and does that at a very poor %.

Reply #107716 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

Deal. you bet on Warrick and I'll bet on Morrison.I'd have the better odds because from what i gather, sophmores generally aren't eligible for the rookie of the year award.

Reply #107726 | Report this post

Knackers  
Years ago

My money is still on Brandon Roy when he gets back from injury, just looks a class above in the rookie class.
Hate to admitt it Bizz but Miami look very old and very slow this year and dWade isn't pulling off any of last years playoff numbers.

Here is my sleeper in the eastern conference Orlando Magic, the have dwight howard grabbing everything and also putting up decent points and a decent support cast with Grant Hill hopefully staying fit.

Ironically after a slow start Detroit look to be ok without big Ben, Sheed is getting good boards on the defensive end and is blocking plenty of shots, where Tayshaun Prince is also grabbing some boards and consistently scoring 15+ a night.

Reply #107733 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

kwest your on drugs. warrick played in the nba last season.

if thats the case im picking deron williams to wrap up r.o.y honours.
na, for real i reckn brandon roy!!
spewin he got injured but hopefully he'll be back soon teaming up with aldidge. something to look forward to with my BLAZERS.

Reply #107752 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Memphis are stinking it up, they need Pau back NOW.

Miami, too old, too slow. D-Wade is nothing without Shaq there too attract double teams.

ROTY is going to be close, there are no real standouts like last year with CP3. Morrison could win it, Roy could win it or even Gay. Should be interesting down the stretch.

How about rumours that C-Webb might be heading to NYK. Apparently he isn't happy with what the minutes he's getting, he wants to be the star. Hate to say it but Webber is a has been with bum knees.

Reply #107758 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Awesome Write Up

Bill Simmons

Reply #107760 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Oops.. my bad. In that case - Warrick for MIP!

Reply #107761 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Webber to the Knicks! Awesome, another cheap pick up for Isiah. Isn't C-Webb the highest paid player in the league ATM?

Reply #107769 | Report this post

Knackers  
Years ago

I reckon if webber wanted to go somewhere and be the star, the Kings would love to have him back. He is still a huge celebrity up there, see he just opened a new restuarant/memorabillia store there.

C Webb - K Mart poster childs for miicro knee surgery world wide haha no one will ever have it again.

Reply #107770 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

I don't think Webber had microfracture surgery,he tore the meniscus in his knee if i recall correctly in game 2 of the 2003 playoffs against Dallas.

Reply #107773 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

In the second game of the 2003 Western Conference Semifinals against the Mavs he suffered the knee injury that forced him to miss nearly a year of action. After microfracture surgery, he returned for the final 25 games of the 2003-2004 season

Webber to the Knicks, not too sure about that one. Not going to say I won't happen, just cant' see it.

Who will the Knicks give up for Webber. If I'm the 76ers you can shove Starbury and Francis where the sun don't shine, no way, plus they have AI so they don't need another shot first PG. At least AI puts up decent assists.

Frye and Lee are the only two players I'd be interested in, problem is they are both on rookie contracts so the $$$ don't work.

They have got rid of all their expiring contracts in Rose, Mo Taylor and Penny (last season for Ariza).

The don't need Q, AI2 and Korver fill these roles, don't need that turd Curry, Sammy D fills in the C position. The Knicks have nothing the 76ers need bar draft picks.

Webber is the 2nd highest salary in the NBA (tied for 2006-07 with New York's Allan Houston, yep the Knicks are still paying him), slated to be paid $43 million over the next two seasons.

Reply #107777 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Word is that they would trade C-Webb for Q, Mo Taylor and either Jerome James or Malike Rose.

Check out this

Bad bad move for Philly if they do this but knowing Isiah Philly could probably get a first round pick Lee and Frye for C-Webb. =]

Reply #107787 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

How do the Knicks move Mo Taylor when he's playing for Sac-Town???

Have a look at the date on top of the blog: August 16, 2006. It's BS.

If the 76ers do this they are retarded unless they get Frye and Lee together plus numerous picks, plus cash consideration, plus the opportunity to exchange picks for the next 15 years and Patrick Ewing's son in the future.

Reply #107795 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Rumour has it that they are looking to trade Francis out of there!

Reply #107837 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

holy sh!t really... i'm pretty sure thats been a rumour for 'bout 6-7 months now.

Reply #107870 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Word also coming out of the Garden is that they are wanting to move both Marbury and Francis. Does Isiah have any idea?

Reply #107889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754