Years ago

Ball Size

Just wondering how all of the other u/14, 16, 18 and 20's girls, and senior women are finding the size 6 ball. I am struggling...

Topic #949 | Report this topic

uncle arthur  
Years ago

more threes being shot than a gun dad cameo at the dome on a friday.

once the girls are getting used to it - scores are higher - players are moving the ball quicker - my thoughts - good move !

Reply #10438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah i cant stand it... bad move!

Reply #10465 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Excellent idea that will only increase the speed of womens basketball. It will take sometime for players to adjust, but once they have, the speed of the game will increase.

Reply #10474 | Report this post

Omar  
Years ago

I am loving it! Best way to improve the standard of womens basketball and its about time australian bball caught up with the rest of the world.

Reply #10481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or maybe the rest of the world to catch up 2 us? ;) lol

Reply #10536 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

to tell you the truth, it sucks right now. I know im still launching the ball much further than necessary. It's a pain, and i wish it would have been done about 5 years ago, before i started playing! In the end though, once all of the girls have become accustomed to the new size, it will be fine! :)

Reply #10547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i agree genna...the transition to the size 6 has been really frustrating, but i know it'll all be good soon! :S :)

i spose it was just like when we had to get used to the size 7 ball..

Reply #10559 | Report this post

hopeless  
Years ago

you do know that this was tried back in the 70's so the size six ball for women is not a new invention

we adapted back then and i'm sure you multi faceted players will adapt now.

Reply #10564 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

My tip is this: get shares in the companies that manufacture size 6 balls, 'cause the product is going to sell like hotcakes.

What happens with mixed social competitions? Mmmm.

Reply #10694 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Mixed Social competitions play with a size 7 (well Sundays at Pasadena does).
I worked hard over the holidays using the size 6 ball and have found that girls if u practice just a little more u will hone in on it as a new and great initiative. I know i am scoring much more on the court than what i used to and by much more, i mean by about 10 points.
The old saying always works

"Practice makes perfect"

Reply #10706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rookie,

You always shot well when you were using the size 7 ball. Ive seen you play and using a size 6 shouldn't affect your game as you could always shot, just depending if the other girls pass you the ball.

Reply #10750 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Wow, someone thinks i can shoot! I was always told by most coaches that i couldnt!
And me, be passed the ball, yeh right. I have turned into a ball hog and create my own scoring opportunities, and benefit from it. Just wish some of my clubs hierarchy would give me a chance higher up in the ranks...........

Reply #11082 | Report this post

Omar  
Years ago

Rookie,

Its actually "perfect practise makes perfect" and i do agree u mayb able to score more but if u werent scoring with a size 7 then i think it was more of a head case thing rather than the size. its not to increase the points of individual players but tht of the speed of the game.

Reply #11124 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

I agree perfect practise does make perfect, but Omar if an individual is struggling with a size 7 like most of her team is to score, than how do u get points on the board?
No use being fast if ur team isnt either. Are u playing with a size 6? i doubt it as ur nickname is more of a guys name.
My teams game is not so much of a fast paced game as we like to move the ball around and create scoring opportunities with that. Now with a size 6 we find it easier to pass and handle the ball. I thought that was more of the benefit.
Oh, and i dont care as it might have seen in my previous posts that i score more for myself, it is more that i am much more valuable than my team before. The more points i or anyone scores, the more points we get as a team. I did score before, but now that i can handle the ball easier, making moves and therefore getting a open shot or pass is easier, hence scoring more points. I have never scored for myself. Thats why i play basketball, not individual sports.
Just thought i would clarify things.

Reply #11178 | Report this post

MM  
Years ago

who r u rookie? what club?

Reply #11277 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

have a read of my posts and u should be able to figure it out

Reply #11298 | Report this post

friend  
Years ago

MM,

Its fairly obvious who Rookie is, she basically tells you throughout her posts. HAHA goodluck to you rookie

Reply #11322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think all the girls are slowly getting used to it!!! as some1 said Practise makes perfect!!!

Reply #11433 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

i have spoken to a few of the girls in u 20's and the seniors and most of them like the change. some were not to happy abut it but after the whole summer season some said they couldnt go back to the size 7. Has any one else heard that the A.B.L might be using the same new balls that the N.B.L and the W.N.B.L have been using?

Reply #15642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:05 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754