Yothu
Years ago

Summer Season Tonight

Does anyone have any tips for tonight???

Topic #952 | Report this topic

Raab Himself  
Years ago

who's playin who?
Can anyone give us the matchups so we can make our predictions!?

Reply #10463 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

Well i just heard that Southern are playing West and Sturt and Forrestville...
Sturt and Forrestville should be the match of the round as the sabres have gower, williams and bauer suiting up tonight...
So there will be some key match ups!!!
Then there is the rookie battle of Sutton and Benson
Cambpell and Bauer
Williams and Sullivan
Gower and Mc Donald- Taylor
Finkenmyer and Farmen
Shepperd etc...
So this will be a great game.
anyone elses thoughts..
The Southern and Wests game will depend on whether wests can play D. With Gerlach, Ingles and Hoban ready to fire someone will have to play D. and no offense to Wests but they cannot play D if they tried....

Reply #10467 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

north v centrals might be a bit sad
some promising juniors getting a good run for north

Reply #10472 | Report this post

Monica  
Years ago

For the women (cos they never seemed to get talked about on here) I think with West Vs Southern, Southern should get the win and come away smiling. Although it will be a tough contest, its gonna b an interesting game.

Reply #10473 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

WOMEN: if its is Sturt v F/ville, i would expect that game to be worth the door charge. Not sure if all the Lightning girls will be suited but regardless, these clubs have a rich rivalry.

MEN: Southern are injecting Clarke and Bowley back into the mix tonight. This should make an immediate impact and i would expect with a roster of Hoban, Gerlach, Clarke, Wood, Ingles, Bowley the Tigers would walk away with the points.

Reply #10476 | Report this post

Who cares?  
Years ago

The eagles will be without Cambell, Sullivan, Dix and Farnam tonight, so the might struggle against the Sabres. Still some good match ups tho. Think you will find that if Williams plays he will match up on Sutton. Sutton needs to win this battle if the eagles are a chance.

Wilson, with the help of Gange and Smyth will have to take on Bauer, Sheppard, Hakendorf, Smyth, James-Martin? Sturt should win the battle here.

Then it will be Gower, Finklemyer, Benson vs Macdonald-Taylor, Wood and Haydon in the big man department. Pretty close in this area, eagles will need Wood and Haydon to both score in double figures otherwise forestville will struggle to score enough points(they only had 55 points last week).

My tip....sturt by 11!

Reply #10491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Williams will tear Forestville apart... they have no one who can stop his penetration. Sturt will win by 20+

Reply #10512 | Report this post

Mid Court Screen  
Years ago

Hahahaha, thats funny Anonymous. Sturt might win, but it won't be becuase of Williams penetrating the eagles defence. Hahahaha, i'm still laughing at that one!

Reply #10520 | Report this post

Nathan Durant  
Years ago

I'm sure Mid Court screen will take care of Williams penetration himself

Reply #10524 | Report this post

headsup  
Years ago

just like to say good luck too brenton campbell for those who didnt know he is off to try out in cairns for there aba team, probably had enough of the politics and crap that happens here. more should follow his lead and make a fresh start.

Reply #10545 | Report this post

hawkeye  
Years ago

couldnt agree more!

Reply #10548 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

yeh he leaves in the next few days, good luck bc!

Reply #10570 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Qld might appreciate a shooting guard like bc by the way!

Reply #10571 | Report this post

THat will hurt Forestville though. They dont seem to have any similar guards coming through in the next year or so do they?

Reply #10572 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Sutton simply relpaces him, aye? With the frontcourt they got coming back anyway?

Reply #10575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The politics aren't any less in QLD basketball, trust me.

Regardless, best wishes to BC.

Reply #10586 | Report this post

Colonel Klink  
Years ago

Southern got over a very aggressive West last night by 3 points.

West were very strong inside early, Luke Walsh (wasnt this kid going to South?)particularly effective with his mid range J and Tom Slowinksi just battleed hard. Both were shutdown in the second half by a board hungry Bowley and unstopable Hoban (best on court).

Whilst Danny Phillips found some range from outside it wasnt enough to keep West in it as the Tigers exercised their get out of jail free card and scraped over the line.

note.. Josh Wood showed what could be, playing well above the ring and having a major influence in the Tiger runs. If the kid shows some consistency he could be an X factor for the Tigers this season.

Reply #10587 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

by the way mid court screen i think j-dog had about 30 points absolutely tore the eagles defence a new ring... he dominated the boards.. I thought Sutton was terrible and same with the rest of the team...
Todd Gower lost his patience a bit... He could lose sturt some big games if he doesn't cool down...
Overall sturt were too good defensively as a team...

Reply #10619 | Report this post

post d  
Years ago

just curious but did the sixers trainee from Forestville sutton score more than the doughnut he managed last week vs North.

Reply #10621 | Report this post

Mid Court Screen  
Years ago

I agree with all of that Yothu, however it wasn't Jasons penetration that killed the eagles, it was more his shooting and his work on the glass. and the final margin was 13 (75-62). The eagles couln't have played any worse if they tried, and with their big names and best scores out, and with sturt playing close to their best side, it wasn't that bad a result for the eagles in the end.

Reply #10622 | Report this post

easy rider  
Years ago

I agree with mid court screen with Dix, Mottram,Pero, Rees, Newley, Sullivan to come back it was a fair effort.

Reply #10629 | Report this post

easy rider,

ABA teams are only alloed 2 restricted players. Mottram, Pero, Rees and Newley will all be restricted and Forrestville will only be able to have two of them. Sturt could have Oscar and Brett back into their squad, a couple of handy pickups.

Reply #10632 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

What defines a restricted player? I remember hearing a couple of years ago that it has something to do with average number of minutes played at national level. Is this still the case? What qualifies you as a 'restricted player'?

Reply #10662 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Raab, I've always been under the impression that you have to have played over 10 mpg to qualify as being restricted, though I could be wrong.

Reply #10664 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

As far as i know, Pero isnt coming back so that leaves it to 3. Newley, as i have heard, isnt definite also at this stage.

Reply #10669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mid Court and Yothu,
You both make interesting if not differing poins about the game.
Williams did penetrate in the half court but the damage he did was in pulling defensive boards and getting the ball straight onto the floor and fastbreaking.
Forestville weren't terrible, but weren't great either.
Gower was good when he was playing against Forrestville, but not when he was playing against the refs.

Reply #10678 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Am curious about the restricted player argument too. I thought it was minutes per game. Re Reesy, forget it Forestville - my mail is he's headed back to the Warriors.

Reply #10695 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:03 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754