Isaac
Years ago

Chicago Bullsh.. Wallace headbanned by Skiles

Drama in Chicago with Ben Wallace and the Bulls.

On Saturday against the Knicks, Bulls coach Scott Skiles benched Ben Wallace two minutes into the game ... because he was wearing a headband!

The Bulls have a team rule prohibiting the wearing of headbands.

Assistant coaches talked to Big Ben but he didn't remove the headband until there was 2:41 left in the term.

He was put back into the game but when Wallace returned with the headband before the beginning of the second half, he was not allowed to start. He took it off during the quarter and was let into the game.

Wallace didn't have much to say about it.

"Ask [Skiles]," he said. "Coach makes the decisions. I just play."
Bizarre.

Can I suggest a state-wide rule against the wearing of ugg boots in public?

Topic #9533 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

if you do that Isaac the ugg boot wearers will just return to the cells where their behavious will be refined and reinforced and they will only reoffend time and time again

(Mod: Nice.)

Reply #108462 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

I'll second that, also a blanket ban of thongs with jeans would be appreciated.

Reply #108472 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

the one thing that desperately needs a ban would have to be.....

Socks and Sandals!!!

Reply #108477 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

But i thought wearing socks with sandals meant you could play??? As in got game???

Reply #108480 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

aww shucks thanks Mods my first eva

Reply #108484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is ridiculous, let benny wear what he wants to wear.

Reply #108525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

might i add that with the diameter of ben's muscles being larger then that of skiles' head i wouldnt be getting on his bad side.

Reply #108526 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Wallace needs to forget about his stupid headband and start worrying how he justifies that $60 million over the next 4 years.. His performance this year has stunk.

Reply #108528 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I caught the Bulls Philly game the other day, Iverson 47 and 10 assists, Big Ben 0 points, 0 rebounds in 20 odd minutes. Luol Deng went for about 28 for the Bulls, first time I'd really seen him in action and was pretty impressed.

Sometimes a player seems to fit really well in a certain squad, but limitations to their game mean that their impact isn't transferable, looks like the Bulls got the best out of Longley but the worst out of Wallace.

Reply #108537 | Report this post

Rodney Carney  
Years ago

Thats pretty true. I knew from the start that this was a pretty bad idea all round, especially for wallace. The bulls rely too heavily on an up tempo game and and only play defence when they are on defensive transition. Other wise they look pretty lost and wallace who is used to guys like Billups and Prince who play D gets left hanging all the time. and u know also that hes never going to be included in the offence.

Reply #108558 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Who would have thought a headband could cause so many problems ...

Reply #108634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id like to point out that the game before he got no rebounds and points he put up these numbers 16 reb 2 stls 3 blocks and 11 pts

and yes his numbers are down but if u look they've been gradually declining since 02-03 season

you cant stay at the top forever.

Reply #108655 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

scott skiles... what a frickin dickhe@d. let ben wear whatever the hell he wants. thats the dumbest team rule ive ever heard, how the hell does wearing a headband effect the way your team is playin. scott skiles focus on the basketball u idiot.

Reply #108682 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754