Anonymous
Years ago

ABA Draw

Good to see BSA are on top of things.

The ABA draw is out and Pasadena is slated down to have games on the 17th of March. Opening Night.

Last told, it was only going to be open for games starting on the 19th of March.

Now I'm no rocket scientist (nor floor builder mind you) but chances are that it won't be ready until after the 19th. Might have been smart to wait until maybe April before scheduling games there.

Can't wait for the junior finals to be scheduled there as well.

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Topic #9643 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I wouldn't want to be the first group running on that floor!!!!

Reply #109855 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Or through that floor.....

Reply #109856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is it accessible from?

Reply #109859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey fool the ABA Draw someone (obviously by mistake) showed you was a DRAFT.

And all Sturt home games have been scheduled for Pasadena as that is Sturt's home venue.

Just as the Distinctive Homes Dome is Woodville's venue; but who's to say they'll be there either.

Instead of acting like you have a scoop why don't you try understanding what you're talking about first!?

Reply #109863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it true that they are going back to 18 games and not sticking to the well liked 22 game system?

Reply #109888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To confirm
The draw is a draft, it is for discussion only
It will change

Reply #109889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and St Peters is much better than pasadena anyway.

Reply #109905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #109863

Why not schedule Sturt for home games starting after April? Would that be too hard. And considering Woodville might still play at the Dome for ABA considering there is not too many other courts available, that does not seem like a poor decision.

And if it discussion do not occur before the next couple of weeks, it states that the draw will stay as is.

Will be interesting to see what kind of start to the season Forestville have this year. Looks like they don't have to play Sturt firsat up like the always did under the previous organiser. Funny that!

Reply #109966 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Anon

Sturt played Centrals first up, last year and the year before.

Reply #109975 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Actually 2 years ago South played Centrals first up, so you would be mistaken on that one.

Reply #109981 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

2 years ago was the first game Wilkie play for Sturt against his old club, if I am not mistaken.

Reply #109991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturty6ers,

You are misataken, Wilky didn't play in the first game when Sturt played Forestville. And last year was the same where Sturt play Forestville first and Centrals second.

Seems this year that with a Forestviile administrator running the competition, Forestville can expect an easier start to the season with Eastern, South and Woodville. None of which are looking right now to be making huge leaps other than perhaps the South Women.

Reply #109993 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Do you actually believe that bit re Forestville??

Reply #109999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac

I think Anon posts 966 and 999 are exactly what is implied by the thread regarding registered users.

I doubt someone would post that rubbish if they had to register with the site first and there was a way for BSA to find out who the gutless trouble maker is.

And by the way it wasn't a Forestville person who did the draw so you're wrong anyway!

Reply #110004 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Two things:

I see your point, yet you've just posted anonymously yourself?!

Had they put "Bob" as their name, does that change anything? If I require registration and they get a free gmail/hotmail account, register and post the same thing as Bob, does that change anything?

Those are factors to be considered.

Reply #110013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand that registration isn't the answer; was just trying to point out an example of the type of post people are hoping would disappear if registration was in effect.

Reply #110014 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I can see that, but I don't know that registration is the answer. What would you do if registration was enforced?

If more people, like yourself, registered by default or at least used a consistent alias, it would make for an easier transition.

Reply #110017 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

You can go and have a look yourself at the 2005 archive on the left hand side!!!
South played Centrals (I think I would frickin remember!!!), Sturt played West and Forestville played North.

Reply #110022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when does coaching for a club not make you from that club?

Not sure that you can really gain any advantage in a competition which plays everbody twice. But an easier start might help a little I guess.

But the Forestville bias is easily seen in the junior competition.

Unlike previous years Forestville have Centrals in their first 2 games. This means that they get to play them twice. (some would conisder this to be an extra easy win in most grades) While benefitting from the extra byes in those grades where Centrals do not enter teams.

And, by the way Sturt and North have to play each other twice.

The finishing positions on the premiership tables are not just decided on who wins the most games, but who wins the most games in relation to the number of games they have played.

example: If two teams are equal on 7 wins, but one team has an extra bye (like a number of Forestville teams) then the team which had the extra bye gets the higher position on the table.

Hence Forestville have an advantage over all but one other club, South. Who happen to have a member of theri committee as the assistant program manager at BSA

Reply #110023 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754