Noti Bagy
Years ago

Wheeler Tears a Calf

This just in Wheels goes down at training today..welcome to the team Mr Timmmons

Topic #9647 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Just how unfortunate is that... couldn't of happened at a worst time for the squad.

Wheels is a 7 rating, Timmons is a 7 rating. Just HOW lucky is that??? Wheels may of agreed to a paycut, and guess who benefits.... Wow, we are sooo lucky that it's this easy to bring in Timmons

Phils been rubbing his crystal ball again and predicted this misfortune.

Reply #109890 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

Now now TR lets not go searching for conspiracy where there is none. Its not as though we benefit from this hoorid misfortune, oh hang on.
Well . . . um . . .oh shite I got nothing, it is more than a little bit suss isn't it. I wonder how long it will be before Phil goes down injured and we get a coach, now stop that Harvard thats just not nice.

Reply #109898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wheeler getting injured?
U are kidding me!

Reply #109902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why not just cut him, would be better than pretending he is injured.

Reply #109904 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Because if they cut him they have to pay out the contract, which remains within the salary cap.

Any player payments made on injury waiver do not count towards the cap.

Reply #109915 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yogee, are you sure that a cut player remains on the salary cap? I'm almost certain that that is not the case, we would need to pay the rest of what is owed but the player's salary is no longer included in the cap.

Reply #109922 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Are you sure that it remains within the cap? How then would the Kings (surely spending the cap) manage to cut an import and consider cutting another?

They wouldn't cut him if he weren't injured because he's actually been contributing IMO. Put up decent games in QLD last weekend going by the stats.

Reply #109925 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea i think Wheeler has been to good to do that to, id say this injury is legit, if they were lookin to "injure" someone for timmons id say it would be nash or majstro

Reply #109929 | Report this post

The Worm  
Years ago

Hey we want aggressive and inventive management who make things happen. Maybe this is the start of a management doing what is needed to be competitive as a club. Personally I reckon he is injured though. I can see why it looks dodgy but I dont know. Look at Wheelers injury record so far this year, him actually being injured is just as valid if not more than the Sixers be sneaky.

Reply #109932 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Wheels did it for the team. Salary cut and then the injury.

Reply #109957 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Article in todays Advertiser that confirms Timmons would be playing against the Kings after he had his rating re-evaluated down to a 6 (I beleive), and with the injury to Wheels - who apparently will be out for 2-3 weeks.

I guess my question is what will happen when Wheels returns to the lineup?

The article also noted that the 2 players offering to take a paycut were Wheels and Coops.

Sorry but it doesn't appear to be up on AdelaideNow website yet.

Reply #109961 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754