TR
Years ago

AI rejects Charlotte trade

Apparently Charlotte and the 76ers had a deal set, but AI killed it. Charlotte was looking at sending three players (believed to be Knight/Ely/Wallace) and a first round pick (unsure if it was a 07 or 08 pick).

Apparently both parties agreed, but AI killed it.

Topic #9702 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Also heard that he killed the deal that would have seen Simon Black to the Philly.

Eddy had the deal approved to be under the points and salary cap too by the NBL.

AI was quoted as saying "me for Simon Kerle yeah i get that but Black? C'mon man"

Reply #110757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is another notch on the "why the NBA is lame nowdays" belt.

Players just picking and choosing their teams etc.

Also a notch on my "reasons i hate Allen Iverson" belt.

Its hanging next to my "why the NBA needs Dennis Rodman" belt.

I own a lot of belts...

Reply #110758 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

As a Bobcats fan I'll happy about this deal. AI would of been a two year rental who would of put us in the middle of the East. If Oak, Felton, Ammo and McMay were a little more expierenced and we had a bench then I'd be all over it.

Wallace stinks this year. Ely is doing nothing worthwhile and BK is getting on in years, but what would of concerned me is that 1st rounder. No point is possibly giving up Durant or Oden for AI.

Reply #110759 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"I own a lot of belts..."

Kind of figured that...

Reply #110777 | Report this post

He wont be able to go to a championship contender. why give up future for a player who's going to try the free market in 18 months?

Reply #110817 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hey Kent...who the hell is Simon Black???

Reply #110860 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754