Years ago

Southern Tigers people Only

Just wondering who every one thinks is the best Coach at the tigers??

Topic #973 | Report this topic

Crystalcruiser  
Years ago

Although not currently coaching!
Craig Rowe

Reply #10813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Owen

Reply #10828 | Report this post

tim hodges  
Years ago

billy hopkins by a mile....watch for southern in the top 3 this year....

Reply #10831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares? Definitley not Rowe. I think that who ever started this discussion is trying to cause friction at tigers! Either that or whoever started this is trying to give themselves anego boost.

Reply #10833 | Report this post

Moochie Norris  
Years ago

Owen Green on the boys side (juniors only....)

Reply #10863 | Report this post

Omar  
Years ago

I reckon currently the best coach in tigers is Billy Hopkins. Look what he has done with his boys, bringing them to the finals last yr with a damn good 'team' and only with one new addition and no hot shot nbl players. he has done a great job, on ya billy.

Reply #10876 | Report this post

sanaa  
Years ago

Girls Rookie coach - I would say Sarah Peddle. She took a team in the 1st season from 8th to undefeated in the 2nd seasons and a championship. Boys - Kim Jury. Even though he has a ready made team.

Reply #10888 | Report this post

play hata  
Years ago

what about their new sasi coach doing the 14 boys micheal toohey(i know its wrong) does any one rate him?

Reply #10921 | Report this post

eric  
Years ago

kym jury.....unfortunately coaching one of the most talented under 18 teams to a state championship final loss and almost winter season loss does not get you anywhere near being a good coach. i could have coached that team with my eyes closed to a title.

Reply #10927 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

sanaa. I dont think so. I think you might find she gained some good players from other divisios.

Reply #10934 | Report this post

Years ago

i started this post and no im not trying to start a fight or an ego boost for me i was just wondering!!! sorry!

Reply #10980 | Report this post

Rex Banner  
Years ago

Michael Tuohy is a gun coach. He is up there with the best at Southern. His results speak for themselves - especially last week.

Reply #10993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey i think that all the coaches are all as good as each other. They all have different strategies. But i think one of the best new coaches is Lauren who did the under 10 boys last season, she is a gun coach!

Reply #11055 | Report this post

PJ's  
Years ago

I think, in the know, u wil find she made that team a "team" and worked with wot she had, i am sure she could have still gone all the way with the original team. and i was willing to take players in, if the higher divisions dont know wot they r doing then i aint gonna be the one to tel them.

And anon, lauren? pfft come on...get a grip. no more needed to be said.

Reply #11125 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Nice reply, Sarah, oops PJs. I think you said that you finished 8th in the first season. Highly optimistic to think you would have won without help from your higher divisions. What are you coaching this year? Anyway a premeiership is a premiership, i suppose.

Reply #11126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Please don't post about yourself pretending to be someone else.)

Reply #11135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i think all da coahes are great!!

Reply #11151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there are no coaches who i hate or there are no coaches who i absoulty love all the coaches are good and they are coaching at a great club

(Mod: We know. You've already told us in the post above this...)

Reply #11153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the Coaches at the Southern Tigers Basketball Club are all good coaches! Most of the coaches down there get along really well... whoever started this post is silly for starting it but it hasnt started a fight down at the club so its ok..... No1 has bagged anyone yet execpt for Lauren!! Why u bag Lauren?? She is such a nice girl, very committed to her basketball and tries her hardest to coach! Lauren and Stacey coached together Last year and they coached under 10 boys... hardley any of the boys had played basketball before and Lauren and Stacey led them into there 1st final... they coached really well.... PJ'S if u Have a problem with Lauren here is her email address [email protected] email her with ur concerns!!! thanks for listening!!

(Mod: Lauren, you started this thread. You've also continually posted pretending to be someone else. I've blocked you before for mucking around. Please give up. And don't think that just by changing your listed email address I won't be able to tell; it didn't work this time, it won't work next time.)

Reply #11154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted.)

Reply #11159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PJ's i know who u r!!

Reply #11936 | Report this post

well  
Years ago

Girls: Balfour's pretty underrated. He is an arrogant, negative idiot at times, however, he brings out the best in SO MANY girls using this angle. Altho many parents and some girls dont appreciate this, u gotta admit, it works for the majority of you lol

Reply #12626 | Report this post

well  
Years ago

btw...chill out lauren, this is a forum of opinion its not like she's baggin u coz she has a problem.
you and stace did well with the boys. coaching newies is tougher than it sounds, espesh when ur a newie coach urself... and dont get so defensive. we're all friends here! :)

Reply #12627 | Report this post

I know who u r!  
Years ago

Dont't you love threads where people
pretend to be someone else to create conversation. well done sarah, lauren and Ryan.

Reply #12665 | Report this post

Parent  
Years ago

He may be arrogant but, yes, the girls do respond well to him. And at least he tells them the truth and doesn't play games unlike some other salesman-like coaches who just tell kids what they want to hear, not what they need to hear.

Reply #12698 | Report this post

well  
Years ago

to i know who u r!: sorry this is not any of the above mentioned...i just know both girls and thought i'd step in.

yes i agree with what you said, parent. i suppose the arrogance factor is a matter of opinion, because i don't see that side of him OFTEN. lol.

Reply #12733 | Report this post

Parent  
Years ago

At least he is not arrogant without reason unlike a lot of other coaches out there. He deals with each year as it comes and does his best and expects nothing less of his girls. Some coaches who are just as arrogant (or more so) don't need to coach because they just follow the gun teams.

Reply #12779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thakns well who ever u r! nah just got to me how rude it was

Reply #14138 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Sarah is the best coach eva. She got us to the Grand Final and we ........ WON!!!!

Reply #14558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that was ages ago and everyone knows that u guys won get ova it

Reply #14568 | Report this post

Peds  
Years ago

I am sorry for everyone who thought that that was me writing bagging lauren. It wasnt me, I think you will find it was someone trying to get me in the shit. I think Lauren is a cool chick and i wouldnt write anything against her. I rarely respond to anything on here.

Reply #14578 | Report this post

Lauren  
Years ago

Thanks Peds, do u know who it was then!?

Reply #14582 | Report this post

Peds  
Years ago

No idea sorry, I wouldnt have a clue of any of the ppl that write on this forum. And to b honest i dont think u should worry, they are just trying to cause shit. So forget bout it!

Reply #14585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry guys i tend 2 disagree lauren didnt do 2 much with those boys they started as an avergae team and finished as an average team.

Reply #14586 | Report this post

Lauren  
Years ago

Excuse me i had boys that had NEVER played basketball before in their lives and not they have got their skills up.... Me and Stacey did a good job we got the boys to the finals!!! who are you annoymous?

Reply #14590 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Hey Tim Hodges whats that brown stuff on your nose??

Seems like you are sniffing for a starting spot bruz!

But we all know billy loves it!

Ohhh Billy!!!!

There is a new Email virus called J-bags watchout for it!

Reply #14600 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Come on, in under 10's what does a team score? 10-20 points in a game? It's a fluke whoever wins so I don't think you can take credit for making an U10's side do well.

Reply #14602 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

So Peds, are you playing reserves and juniors, or did you just skip last week's game?

Reply #14605 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

MW - Every coach has to start somewhere and it is usually U10's or 12's. They are never given the greatest team and are always under pressure to make them perform.

At Under 10's at the very least it is hard to get the kids to remember the same things every week, let alone string enough wins together to make the finals.

Are you a coach and, if so, where did you start?

Reply #14614 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I've never coached (I know I know, how would I know then)

Maybe it came across a bit harsh!

Reply #14617 | Report this post

Lauren  
Years ago

Yeah actually it did come across a bit harsh.. i tried my hardest to get the boys where they are today!! so how about u TRY coaching an under 10's side and see how u go ok??

Reply #14643 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Would not bother...they don't listen at that age. You took a bit personal, a bit upset by that comment hey?

Reply #14644 | Report this post

Lauren  
Years ago

no not personal i just thought i was a bit harsh.. yeah they listen if u know how to get through to them!!

Reply #14650 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Sorry Lauren, I was only stirring! :)

Reply #14694 | Report this post

Lauren  
Years ago

its ok

Reply #14706 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

Lauren is a very dedicated and hard working person so MW you may have been stirring but give it a rest really.
Keep up the good work Lauren

Reply #14758 | Report this post

Lauren  
Years ago

Thank you Punter who ever you are! I realy love my basketball and i try my best at helping the club out with everything! thank you once again

Reply #14760 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

Lauren why did u start this post, play yourself up and then defend yourself all with different names then suddenly go back to your own name? sorry can't help but laugh that you have nothing better to do haha

Reply #15084 | Report this post

Lauren  
Years ago

Nah i havent... i have not made up a name on this.. im either Anonymous or Lauren so you have no idea what u r talking about so u can laugh all u want

Reply #15114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

colin brown is the gunniest coach that ever gunned..

Reply #15490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Colin ia a Gun

Reply #15526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is* sorry about that

Reply #15528 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

I think that the tigers senior women do a great job getting involved with the juniors but what do the senior men do..... NOTHING so boys get out there and support them maybe even coach a side because you expect them to come out and support you and you dont give anything back to the club.

Reply #15533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree... but when u come to think about it.. there are 2 or 3 ABL women that are coaching and none of the men are....!!!!

Reply #15534 | Report this post

DiTzY  
Years ago

yeah sarah is da best coach in da world she rocks

Reply #17073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ditzy..... No way is she the best in the world... that is a HUGE overstatement! she is a good coach but not the best in the world... keep those comments to yourself!

Reply #17125 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Anonymous leave ditzy alone i no her, she is a cool chik and FUNNY. She is just sticking up for her and my coach. Yeah sarah is a great coach she has tought us SOOOOOO!! much last season with out ne help. Oh and by the way she is also a GREAT friend i don't think ne other coach does so much with there team like sarah does. And i no sarah she doesn't bag ppl out.

Reply #19663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont care who she is and if you know her.... she shouldnt of said Sarah is the best coach in the world.

Reply #19805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

runs screaming from forum these girls are in serious need of help

Reply #19807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaha

Reply #19808 | Report this post

tank  
Years ago

overheard a comment from a southern person"if it works we will steal it" not much more to say but will this be the clubs motto soon

Reply #19810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who was that? when u hear that?

Reply #19811 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Tank, What are you going on about?

Reply #19819 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Stuff all of u, dat will not be our motto. U guyz need more to fill out ur day because u guyz r soooo LAME!!!! We don't need help cos
where happy ppl. Unlike u guyz we don't need a hair cut

Reply #19830 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

omg dis iz lyk so lamerzzz

Reply #19840 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

and dat is aword now

Reply #19972 | Report this post

tigger  
Years ago

Just a couple of things to add... i agree that the senior men should get more involved in the club, get out there and start coaching or at least helping out at junior trainings. Each team brings approx 20 poeple (players and parents) that would show interest in the ABL games. While it would be great to boost the crowds at senior games, wouldn't it also be great for the young tigers to have contact with the seniors, instead of this segregation!! The girls are doing well in coaching and participating.

Lets not forget it is the junior fees will help give some of the seniors funds to play!!

Also lets start to respect our juniors, under 10's come out and train twice a week and play once just like every other team, why is it we dont see this as important or coaching them as a priority??

Reply #21008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This kind of leadership comes from the top, and when putting themselves out a little bit for the Club is too much to ask for the Head Coach, why would any of his players bother?

Reply #21012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigger, the under 10 div 1 girls coach at Southern is on the ABL womens team.

Reply #21015 | Report this post

lets move on  
Years ago

post (#21012) I think you will find that the head coach coached juniors for 12-14 consecutive yrs (ranging from Div 4 to Div 1).

The current list of mens players are all mainly juniors coming through who have given 13-15 consecutive years of service to the club (any club would be happy with that). Most of them have represented the club at National junior tournaments, represented state and national teams along the way. Their SASI, junior and senior training in the same week, school/work/uni commitments during their week leaves no spare time for much else let alone coaching and at the moment wouldn't be able to commit and give the junior program the attention is deserves.

In an ideal world - yes coaching a junior team would be great for the club and the juniors. I have seen the senior players at many a junior function of the years/cooking bbq/handing out trophies and getting involved.

Lets move on pls

Reply #21029 | Report this post

didyouknow  
Years ago

The best coach at tigers.

8th to first is that a good coach? first year players compared to second year players....

the best coach is the person that is there for the players/club beyond just training and playing games.

As well as skill and effort gives the players enjoyment and fun.

some of the Best Players will never be top players, may never play in a grandfinal but just love playing basketball.

Coaching starting somewhere like under 10s.... what a joke. In many cases this is the first Basketball coach the children will ever have. This is the most important/best coach this is followed by 12/14 etc etc.

I would rather see a first year u16 D4 player who has never played before struggle and learn the game and have the will to improve than any Div 1 player with all the skill but just coasts through. (and the parental crap that comes as baggage)

The best coach at tigers is the one that can get a player to improve and play a better game next week.
The better than best coach is the one that gets all the players to improve so the whole team improves (win or lose)

Hence then by definition this would change on a weekly basis.

Only one team can be a championship team but it takes many teams to make up the championship competition.

The worst coach - the one that thinks they know what they are doing and don't need to improve.
Even the best players and coaches can learn new things.

Be open and lets just do and give our best.

Reply #71312 | Report this post

bridgetttt  
Years ago

Personally my thoughts on this is Sean Jennings. His U14 div 1 boys are the first tigers team to make nationals and the grand final. The guy must be doing something right. On the girls side there are a few. Michelle Fisher, Ilsa Nagy, Coralie Crossley, Boti Nagy and Phil Lintern who unfortunately was sacked by the club. Whether you agree with me is your own choice but those are just my personal thoughts.

Reply #203872 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754