Arnold
Sullivan

Woman

Randford
Duke
Bishop
Matthews
Robinson

The men look very small with out Dix even with the aquisition of hambour and the girls look average and small with out Kylie Newbold.

Will Forestville have a slide this year or is there still time to recruit a better squad?

does anyone know other line ups for 2007

Topic #9745 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Will Forestville have a slide this year or is there still time to recruit a better squad?"

This may be the funniest line written on the forum this week.

Answer:

Of course there's time to recruit, it's Forestville. Me senses there are some more fridges comin' for the bar over the holidays.

Reply #111300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Robinson will not be available for the women - she is about to depart for a US college scholarship

Reply #111301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hambour?? Is he leaving North?

Reply #111304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can cut Arnold off the list. Apparently has given word that he has retired....again.

And Hambour...haha, thats funny. He is definately at North.

No, the mens team, from talking to a couple of the boys are going to be quite small and not very deep at this stage. If the season started 2moro, they would probably start, Sutton, Sullivan, T Fildes, Dougie, Hoban.

Bench: Haydon, H Harvey, W Smith, De Cure, Wornam, ?

Pretty young team!

Apparently, Dix, Arnold, Wood all retired, Cambell taking a year off, and Gange back to Mildura.

Of course they will try and get an NBL player once the season has finished, as most teams do, but one would think that for them to be a contender, they will need to convince at least one or both Arnold and Cambell to play. With a big NBL type player, Arnold/Cambell they are looking pretty good, but without them they will struggle to make finals.

Reply #111341 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Noticed that Rychart is on the latest restricted players list for North. Wouldn't expect any big name players to leave - reckon they would look forward to being on a team with him.

Reply #111365 | Report this post

bill  
Years ago

what college is robinson going too and good luck to her.

Reply #111381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bill - she is going to Lambuth University in Tennessee

Reply #111409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are Norwood allowed 18 players on their list when the by-laws say 17??

Reply #111411 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Isn't there a restiction in womens you can only sign 2 WNBL players - Ranford, Bishop, Duke.....???

Reply #111433 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could be a MPG requirement as with the men's league?

Reply #111435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well they only have 17. Surely Daniel Webber's name on there must be a mistake? One of the worst and most limited players to come out of their U20 1s team in the last 5 years?

Reply #111438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#111411,

Because the rules don't apply to Norwood. (See salary cap last year - flights for Matthews and Abrams and Cooper as an "Events Coordinator")

Reply #111533 | Report this post

Orlando Smith  
Years ago

Yogee, the rule is you can only have 2 restricted players (of which only 1 can be an import) for a WNBL player to be classed as restricted she would need to play in excess of 10 minutes/game (i think its 10 anyway)

and anon #111533, the rules do apply to Norwood, dont blame the club if the rule is flawed and un-inforcable. (I think salary cap dodging has been done to death on this forum)

Reply #111542 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Won't Fildes be in America playing college ball? Actually hasn't the season already started over there!!!
Isn't that why Andy didn't play him last season as some people pointed out to me once before?
Forestville supporters???

Reply #111559 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So who is Jye Watson playing for or has he returned to Victoria?
I also heard that Mastro was playing at Norwood with Cooper.

Reply #111561 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Panther I think he's applying this year while playing ABL and will play college next year if he gets accepted. Don't take my word for it though, I think that's what's happening.

Reply #111565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fildes will not be able to go to college and play ABL this coming season. There is no way they will be able to convince the NCAA that forestville don't pay anyone in the team.

Reply #111576 | Report this post

Career Moves  
Years ago

Mastro to play in New Zealand. 30k on it.

Reply #111584 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Is that you Mastro???

Reply #111594 | Report this post

Nose Nuggets  
Years ago

Chris Clausen played ABA and hasn't he gone to America to play college so why would Trent not be able to go?

Reply #111596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nose,

I think its got to do with teammates on the team. IE If you have a teammate that has played in a professional team and you play in that team then you are considered professional. Correct me if I am wrong someone.

Reply #111602 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

I cant see that being the case, Clausen played in the same team with Reggie, Magden with Holmes etc.

Reply #111605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Wood had paid players at ST too afaik and others at USA colleges played in SEABL. Each case assessed on its merits.

Reply #111678 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

There's a difference in rules between NCAA and NAIA though right? Hoop Addict used to have a link about it...

Reply #111684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is also a different level of rules for different divisons of NCAA with div 2 and div 3 NCAA being a little less strict. ie Woody at a D2. Plus some people would not be telling the clearing house that players in their teams were getting paid.

It's only a foul if the referee catches you.

Reply #111699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The same "amateur" rules apply to NCAA D1 and D2. Definition thereof is wide, subjective and not totally clear. Same applies to what is deemed a professional team and what is not.

Reply #111761 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754