TC
Years ago

Knicks v Nuggets Brawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHI2HYE2J0A

I'm not really sure what to say... other than Carmello Anthony is gonna get a pretty big suspension for that hit on Mardy Collins.

Topic #9766 | Report this topic

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Wow... That is probably the worst on court conflag i have seen... Usually most of em are posturing but there was real venom there... Just when i was beginning to come round to giving Anthony the benefit of the doubt Re: his character issues he does that (see how fast he legged it afterwards as well... i guess you can't pack heat on court...)... Moronic play by a supposed "team leader"...

Reply #111445 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Imagine what would have happened if he had broken the guys arm!

Reply #111453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NE Footage of dunlap?

Reply #111458 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

My favourite bit - ten players were ejected before the game continued.

Reply #111466 | Report this post

unit  
Years ago

I don't understand Melo's theory of smacking Mardy Collins and then sprinting off right away??

Reply #111484 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

maybe he subbed himself off so he desided to sprint back to the bench. What about Big Nate hes a pit bull.

Reply #111485 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The Knicks are still obviously fragile about the whole "no-one respects us" thing. Isaiah even tried to justify it afterwards, saying that the Nuggets are to blame for playing their starters in a blowout.

Isaiah, you're missing the point. When you play the Knicks, it's a blowout even before the game starts.

Reply #111498 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

There's a full length YouTube video here. It includes various angles of Melo's punch to Collins and you can hear the smack as he connects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OU3poUtNsE&eurl=

But if you want to see real man-o-man matchups, you should check out the new Rocky film. Now, NBA Action might be fantastic, but the new Rocky film will be faaaaantastic!

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1521857&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

Reply #111499 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Read somewhere that Isaiah was overheard to say to Melo that he might not want to go into the paint again in the game, in a direct implication that the heavy foul was a direction from the coach.

The Knicks were sooking because the Nuggets still had Melo and Camby out there despite having a substantial lead. There was a quote from Nate here:

"They just wanted to embarrass us," Robinson said. "It was a slap in the face to us. As a team, as a franchise, we weren't going to let that happen."
Err, yes you were, you're the Knicks and they were kicking your butts!

Of course, lots of suggestion that Nuggets coach Karl was demolishing the Knicks as payback for Isaiah firing Karl's friend Larry Brown...

Reply #111503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754