Interested
Years ago

Is Rychart Playing for North

Saw his name is listed on their restricted players list.

If he does infact play, this will be a major boost to Schueller mens team.

Zorich
Burdon
B. Kies
Hambour
Rychart

Topic #9775 | Report this topic

Career Moves  
Years ago

He may have signed but i think you'll find some people reading the by-laws to check the validity of the signing.

VISA regulations on signing an import would mean North have to pay max salary ($15k) not to mention other on costs.

I may be wrong but im sure i have heard this discussed at length before. Maybe Paul Arnott or someone with Basketbal Australia ties can shed some light on the issue.

Reply #111582 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Why would he fly back to play ABL in Adelaide? It would be more beneficial to him to play in Brisbane.

Reply #111588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe that rule only applies if an import is specificaly brought out here to play, since he is in the country already he is free to do what he wants. Darryl McDonald used to always play SEABL in the off season when he was an import, i know Dusty and Justin are close friends so thats why he would be playing here and not elsewhere

Reply #111589 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

He is out here on a sports person visa so yes the rules still do apply. There are minimums to what they need to earn so unless he only plays for a proportion of the season there is no way he can come under our salary cap.
There are ways around it though through employment etc.

Reply #111592 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Would he be able to play for North for nothing?? as he would earn the minimum rates for a american in Australia per year with the Bullets i would of thought?? If they can get him in that would be a great pick up for them and for the SA ABL

Reply #111595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How far away is he from becoming an Aussie? Maybe playing here (i.e. staying in the country) would help that?

Reply #111597 | Report this post

Sturty 6er, Career moves - you sneaky devils - push the miscoscope way from your clubs who have a history of rorts. Good Luck to Justin if he can get a mate to play for peanuts & within the rules. Unfortunately there are those who are more creative than most of us & able to camoflage payments/packages. Perhaps you are the smart ones, alah - Sydney - Brisbane.

Reply #111599 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sounds like a good idea in theory but can't be done unless Brisbane transfer his sportsmans visa to North. This can be done but North then have to pay the player a min amount, not just in cash but in Housing, Car, Medical, Dental plus take on his cost of a return ticket home.

Whilst the salary cap is in place it really cant be done unless he only plays a handful of games. I think the salary is about $350.00 per week + the other stuff.

If the salary cap wasn't there they could do it provided Brisbane transfer the sponsorship of his visa and North had the cash to pay him. These restrictions were put in place by Immigration to stop Imports coming out and basically living off the street if the club failed to pay them etc.

Reply #111603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can he do coaching work for bearbasketball?

Reply #111610 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"Would he be able to play for North for nothing??"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

If Dusty could find a way to charge someone for scratching himself, he would. In fact he'd probably get himself crabs just to earn more.

:-)

Reply #111612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to Bear's website he still does special appearance stuff.

Reply #111623 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

What is so special about Dusty's apperance? Maybe the hair cut?

Reply #111632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dusty $350 per game,

All other North players $000-oo per game. Same as Woodville and Paul Rees

Reply #111639 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Ryan Kersten on that list too. Mighty impressive lineup!

Reply #111683 | Report this post

Elaine Bennice  
Years ago

Where are these restricted player lists located?

Reply #111700 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Elaine - here.

Reply #111710 | Report this post

Update  
Years ago

Where is "Panther" on the South list?
Also does that mean if these players are on the list then they can not be poached by another club?

Reply #111770 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Panther has retired...sob sob...

Reply #111776 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Why is Gower not on the Sturt list ? Isaac ??.. sturt people?

Reply #111783 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Isn't he injured?

Reply #111785 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Todd is going to be entering his own team and will play 1 on 5 against other teams.

Reply #111786 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Update, my understanding is that even if on the list, a club must send a "14 day letter" to the opposition club letting them know that they wish to speak with the player, and if no objections then after the 14 days they can approach them..

I also heard that Gower is not playing at Sturt this season. Surgery I think

Reply #111787 | Report this post

Elaine Bennice  
Years ago

That Sturt list is a VERY Old (as in - "not current")....I'm surprised it doesnt have Michael Rule and Mal Penno on it!

Reply #111791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How come Bennett isnt on the North list. Has he retired?

Reply #111815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754