AK-47
Years ago

Kobe......What a Tool!

I was reading this article on the NBA website about the race for the MVP and the Lakers Wizards game in which Kobe scored 45 and Arenas scored 60 including 16 in OT.

This is what Kobe said about it.

The ultra-competitive Bryant wasn't impressed with Arenas' outburst.

"First of all, he shot 27 free throws," Bryant said. "We as a team shot 30. Think about that. But him individually, it's funny, he doesn't really seem to have that much of a conscience. I really don't think he does. Some of the shots that he took tonight, you miss those, they're just terrible shots, awful shots. You make them and they're unbelievable shots."

what a tool....isnt he the king of those shots.

Topic #9798 | Report this topic

Alby  
Years ago

If this is not a case of the pot calling the kettle black I dont know what is. Washington won the game which is surely what matters and Kobe went missing in OT.

Nothing like being gracious in defeat.

Reply #111888 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

My sentiments exactly. Kobe still has a long way to go socially.

Someone like Wade or Nash would have commended Arenas for heating it up .

Reply #111895 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think his comments had more to do with his competitive streak, he just hates to lose.

I am a big fan of Kobe this year, he actually seems to be trusting his team-mates a lot more.

I think the Zen Master needs to be commended on getting this team to play the way they are, they aren't necessarily a powerhouse but they can do some damage in the Wesst.

Reply #111899 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah, how jealous is he. He is the king of taking shots that make him look terrible if he misses.

I think he just never really grew up. I think he should have went to college, not for basketball reasons, but for social reasons.

Reply #111901 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Agreed Bizzy - Phil Jackson is teh master on controling and channeling huge talents and egos to get the best out of them in a team environment. IMO the lakers are not far away from a team taht can really challege the west - a couple of shrewd trades could let them take the next step - and a team with Kobe is always a possibility to come out and cause upsets against anyone!

On a side note ESPN has Lakers V Nets on this weekend - that should be a free flowing high scoring affair that should be great to watch!

Reply #111924 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Im suprised we don't get to see San Antonio for the 40th time this season !!

Reply #111926 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

Kobe fouled out today 6-19 for 19 pts outscored by Deng & Gordon

Reply #111947 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

He's jealous because its normally him hitting the seemingly BS shots.

Reply #112181 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Damn right

Reply #112191 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

After watching the fight i dnt think Kobe is the onli tool in town. Nate Robinsons a bulldog.

Reply #112223 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Dont rag on nate! Good on him for being that small and goin as hard as he can. Represent little people!

Reply #112369 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

News just in: Nate Robinson spotted spending his suspension working as an elf in santas cave.

Reply #112370 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754