Anonymous
Years ago

Reggie Is DONE...

The man himself Paul "Reg" Vandenbergh has announced his retirement in front of the boys at training on Monday night,I did hear there wasn't a dry eye in the house. On behalf of everyone on Hoops SA may I take this opportunity to thank Paul for your contribution to the ABL, NBL the Woodville Warriors, Central District Lions and a role model for the young Aboriginal basketballers coming thru, you are a superstar Paul. thanks from your fans

Topic #9801 | Report this topic

Tank  
Years ago

Well done Reggie - was a strong player at all levels.

I would say Reggie was and is a roll model for kids of all races - not just aboriginal.

Good luck Reg

Reply #111903 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Always enjoyed watching you play - all the best.

Reply #111907 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Reggie your were a very special player to watch - the rolls royce - a real class act - your days as a warrior an inspiration to all - roll on the green train

Reply #111910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it real this time. If my memory serves me correctly this was a joke/rumour started at the end of the last ABA season

Reply #111911 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

can this be confirmed as above quite rightly pointed out was the big news last year and the man played on - anyway reggie one of the elite players in the comp

Reply #111914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Retirement just from Centrals?

I heard a couple of other clubs were chasing him?

Reply #111915 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Western Magic?

Reply #111929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think you'll find reggie playing again next year. His frustration with centrals must just have come to a boiling point. Look for the man to be in a lighter coloured uniform next year, maybe with a bit of grey.

Reply #111941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mal Michael?
Matthew Clarke????

Reply #111956 | Report this post

Elaine Bennice  
Years ago

(#111941)

Are you saying what I think you are.....Reggie is going to playing for the New York Yankees????

http://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/33-31/33-31560-F.jpg

Reply #111961 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

A touch of grey?? Reggie the Ref???

Reply #111971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville surley will try and buy him and say he is playing for them like they did Lalic, Hambour, Donald Duck etc

Reply #111973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When has Forestville ever claimed Lalic, Hambour, Donald Duck or tools such as yourself would be playing for them....

Your right though I am sure un-informed people such as yourself will ensure they link him to many other clubs as well as Forestville....

Reply #111978 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Simons has been talking to him, but Reg wants some time off. Good luck to him, hope he has fun!!!

Reply #112098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I GOT A JOB WITH THE NEW YORK YANKEE'S IM THE ASSISTANT TO THE TRAVELLLING SECRETARY!!

BIG STEIN!!!

Reply #112120 | Report this post

George Costanza  
Years ago

I can't believe you're not playing in cotton? You know they used to make leisure suits out of this fabric?

Reply #112137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Name is George, im unemployed and i live with my parents!!

There my socks, i had a pair just like them and now i dont have them anymore

yeah they looked so good on your stinking feet i had to have them!

Reply #112141 | Report this post

Estelle Costanza  
Years ago

I go out for a quart of milk, I come home, and find my son treating his body like it was an amusement park!

Reply #112150 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

"I'm a Marine Biologist"
"Is anyone here a marine biologist??"

Reply #112155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love it how some of these threads get off topic.

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Reply #112158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a pity you cant do THAT for a living, you could be a big star!! you could sell out Madison Square Garden!!

You know we had a really bad breakup.. the juigy fruits...aahhh yeah the juigy fruits!!

Newman you magnificent bastard, you've done it!!

Reply #112160 | Report this post

Donald  
Years ago

It doesnt matter what the card says. It's the Moors. There's no moops!

Reply #112171 | Report this post

George Costanza  
Years ago

It's MOOPS!

Reply #112172 | Report this post

Donald  
Years ago

MOORS!

Reply #112173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a bubble boy, he lives in a bubble.

so thats your poker face, you dont trust my poker face, oohhh come on george you get two pair the whole table knows!!

why'd you tell her, SHE'S NOT YOUR WIFE!!!!!!

Reply #112200 | Report this post

George Costanza  
Years ago

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to return soup at a deli!

Reply #112204 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I choose not to run!

She thinks were gay! Not that theres anything wrong with that, a persons personal sexual preferences are nobodies buisness but their own!

When you control the mail, you control, information.

Reply #112249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Reggie, all the best, one of the nicest blokes you could ever come across and an awesome player.

Reply #112294 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754