Roger ReRous
Years ago

Locked: Conroys Bacon Awards winners 2006

Hi all,

Wow, it has been a busy past few weeks. The The Conroy's Double Smoked Bacon Basketball South Australia Show Pony Awards dinner was postponed because of a gas leak and then the pig truck rolled and we had to wait for the bacon.

It is very prestigious in South Australian Basketball.

I am delighted to announce that Matt Ryan and Luke Smith are joint winners of the 2006 award.

Mr Smith was ahead of Mr Smith in June with 324 Pony Points to 277.

Mr Ryan secured the award with his Michael Jackson impersonations late in the season, when he was able to tie the scores at 591 a piece.

Mr Ryan was originally tipped as favourite for the prestigious award, which caps off another stellar year. With moving plans soon, he who also won the 2006 Flinders University Bachelor of Education Graduation Ball "Sgt Tom Croydon Award" for being the most Arrogant and Offensive.

Mr Ryan also won the Conroys awards in 2002, 2004 and 2005.

Winner 2003 and runner up 2005, Luke Smith waslucky to hold on in the end.

A big thankyou to special guest speaker John Lawrence atthe awards dinner, although know one understood what he said. Either that or they weren't interested.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those people who nominated players, referees and coaches for the awards and I look forward to continue The Conroy's Double Smoked Bacon Basketball South Australia Show Pony Awards next year.

Have a great Christmas everyone,

Regards,

Rog.

Further information on the awards and final placings can be found through http://www.safoodcentre.com/buyershub/businesses/conroyssmallgoods/

Topic #9819 | Report this topic

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

I would like to thank everyone for this award. I would like to write an acceptance speech, but I think people have had enough of my speeches!

Reply #112267 | Report this post

Luke Smith  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted upon request.)

Reply #112313 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754