Isaac
Years ago

Lightning beat Bulleen

Got up 88-78.

Foley 25 points. Phillips 18 points and 10 assists. Woosnam 17 points and 11 rebounds. King 12 points.

Rasmussen played 21 minutes for 4/5/3.

Bulleen's scorers were Glaubitz (23 and 13), Grima (19 and 13), Milner with 16 and Ashby had 10.

Topic #9831 | Report this topic

thomo  
Years ago

and it was great to see them at the dome and good to see a great win

Reply #112409 | Report this post

Lightbulb  
Years ago

Great to see the TEAM playing as a TEAM, full marks to the maturity they showed in wearing down Bulleen,
Sammy looks so much more comfortable out there, gave Grima real problems

Reply #112449 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

thomo - the Lightning have been at the Dome all season.

Reply #112489 | Report this post

bagwan  
Years ago

yes - sammy really held rima well - it was like the lightning were cruising keeping pace with bulleen - then when they wanted to they just put their foot down and whammy - 15 point lead.

girls playing good

Reply #112544 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

my bad yogee, what i meant to say was great to see a double header, as a multiple 36er season ticket holder i know i would not mind paying extra to see the girls play as its quality ball, maybe the two owners could work out a marketing deal so those who want to see both, can do so at a reduced rate

Reply #112569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a 36ers season ticket holder you were made to pay $0 extra to see the girls play last Saturday night.

This will be the case again for the next and last double header for this season (and for good probably) on Saturday January 27.

Thomo are you suggesting you should get a discounted ticket price to Lightning stand alone games because you're a 36er season ticket holder?

They are two sepearate clubs and there is no reason at all to expect them to work out an arrangement where that can happen, or vice versa.

Just pay the huge amount of $10 an adult and go see a Lightning stand alone game; or if that's too much wait until January 27 and come early to see the girls in action for free using your 36ers season ticket.

Reply #112579 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Watched the Lightning, after quarter time, couldn't get in before that because the ticket counter had one person till after the game started.
Not interested in double headers if thats how it's going to be.

Reimbursed with $1 coins after the game...50 yes 50 $1 coins.

Reply #112581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting watching the journeys of our two basketball teams since they have been privately owned. One on the way up and the other floundering.
Seems like the wrong team is headlining and perhaps we should be showcasing the lightning and have the 6ers play prior to the girls for a while.
Reduced ego's and pay packets might ignite some passion and at least we'd see one good team play.

Reply #112593 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

anon, no i was not saying because im a 36ers fan i deserve a special price,

what i was eluding to is that its a good position to say offer season ticket holders to each side a incentive to purchase both,

$10 is great for a game, no doubting that what so ever,

but how many more ppl would you get if you offered a combined package ??? (4 here for starters)

its worth looking at as there are plenty empty seats for both games

better to get and extra 100+ ppl to both then not to

Reply #112596 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754