russzz
Years ago

Why shoot on the way down?

Can't anyone see that Adrian Majstrovich is releasing the ball on his way down from his jump? It is like Jacob Holms flat shot. It took Shane Heal to correct Him on this!! Jacob took to many flat shots, some went in but many didn't. Now that he shoots with an arc, He has improved greatly!

Topic #9858 | Report this topic

shaun  
Years ago

your an idiot

Reply #112643 | Report this post

russzz  
Years ago

Thanks Shaun, you answered many questions with your reply!

Reply #112645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate, Jacobs shot was corrected before Heal became coach!
By the way Drmic does the same thing.

Reply #112650 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Jacob shot wasnt too corrected last night vs the Tigers - lucky he found his groove in the fourth otherwise the Dragons were done!

Reply #112655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jacob actually worked very hard on his shooting with CJ Bruton whilst in the Boomers Squad/Camps!!

Reply #112693 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Just another person who has a vendetta against Phil Smyth's and just looking at sticking the knife in.

Reply #112699 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Err, isn't this thread about Majstrovich's shot being too flat?

Reply #112701 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Isaac - shouldn't Phil just work his magic as coach and turn him into a shooting machine? Seriously, it's that easy isn't it?

Reply #112703 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, I'd like to think that if there is a problem with his shot, one of the coaches is at least helping to address it (make the most from an investment in a player), but I didn't make the original claim that his shot had problems and I didn't read it as a criticism of Smyth as much as it was of Majstrovich.

Reply #112705 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

As soon as Jacob Holmes name came into the conversation and how he has allegedly improved his shot as a Dragon everyone knew what the insinuation was.

Reply #112707 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Holmes' shot still looked pretty flat to me on the 23rd.

Reply #112710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jimmy, you have some issues mate. I'm still reading and re-reading the above posts to see how you saw an attack on Phil. Seems everyone who posts anything nowadays has a vendetta against Phil Smyth.

Still, Jacob's shooting has "allegedly" improved from 38% from the field to 40%, from 32% to 44% from 3 point and 83% to 88% from the line.

Those stats suggest he has been working on his shot and is doing something different, although his averages have dropped a bit.

Reply #112795 | Report this post

davo  
Years ago

i'd say if his %'s are up yet his averages are down, then maybe its improved shot selection, rather than just an improved shot for Jacob...

Reply #112796 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Different offence perhaps - looked to be getting open for threes a lot more than when he was in Adelaide.

Reply #112800 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:11 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754