Isaac
Years ago

KB to coach New Wellington Saints

Looks like Kevin Brooks will be coaching in New Zealand this NZ NBL season.

Former player back to coach the Saints

"I'm an old-fashioned guy, if it ain't broke, don't fix it," Brooks said from Adelaide yesterday.

Brooks, an assistant coach with Australian NBL team the Adelaide 36ers, was last in Wellington as a player in 2002. He hopes that familiarity will help smooth his return to the capital.

"I've played there and I'm familiar with some of the players, but it's still going to be a pretty big task to fill Gordie's (Gordon McLeod) shoes," he said.
Nick Horvath is expected to return to Wellington to play his off-season with the team.
(Brooks) will spentd a week with the Saints next month before moving to Wellington permanently when the ANBL season finishes in February.

Topic #9860 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Does my fellow KB get the if it aint broke dont fix it approach from Phil?

Reply #112677 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Problem is Kent that at the moment something definately is broke!

Reply #112690 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say that they're well aware of a problem:

Smyth promised changes after the loss, disturbed at how comprehensively Adelaide had been beaten on the boards when it had been the team's main pre-match focus.

"The formula isn't working," he said.

Reply #112691 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

"Brooks.....moving to Wellington permanently.....in Febuary"

It certainly looks like the clearing of the decks is about to start. Does this mean that KB will appear on the Breaker bench next season?

Reply #112709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good riddance

Reply #112714 | Report this post

Reginald  
Years ago

Good luck with your new coaching job Kevin Brooks hope it all goes well for you!!

Reply #112740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would KB be better as a player if he was in the 36ers squad rather than Copeland or Timmons?

I'm not saying bring KB back but would he have been better at the start of the season?

Reply #112767 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

very disappointing home town favourite moving on - is this a case of another one gets away- maybe brooks is worth more directly in the coaching of the sixers - the guy has that much knowledge the respect of the town - has credentials - hope i wrong for 6ers sake but i reckon he be next big thing in nbl as coach

Reply #112992 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea good luck to KB he was my favourite player and i think he would be a great coach, does this mean he wont be back for the 36ers as im sure he can fill both roles as 36ers assistant coach with his new gig as they play different seasons. Interesting question with him as a player as if he was upto it he may have been a better fit than copes or timmons and he is also a forward which is our weekest spot, but yea we will never know that one. Best wishes KB for where ever your career leads you! i hope its with the 36ers!!

Reply #112998 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The NZ NBL runs during the AU NBL off-season.

Reply #113022 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

thank you for your support fellas.

Reply #113392 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754