Fezlington
Years ago

Worst Import in the NBL

Im curious.....who do you guys think is the worst in the NBL

I was thinking Darren Brooks, and im a Cats fan

But after seeing tonights Sydney V Cairns game

I would have to say Ed Scott....2pts and 5 assists on 1 of 7 shooting.....his now 1 of 18 from downtown (the WORST EVER in the NBL)....lol

Where did the Kings find this kid?

Pay me to play.......im sure i can atleast hit 2 out of 18 threes

Topic #9863 | Report this topic

The Journo  
Years ago

Scott's mate Elliot must be up there too. Imagine of the Kings had powerful imports like Groves and Powell?

Bailey has been disappointing but I've been really impressed with Owens' consistency.

Reply #112742 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

You put Groves and Powell in any team and they alone will be playoff potential regardless of the sidekicks , For me the worse Import has to be Bailey - He is a Joke and worse down the stretch when his side needs him the most. Scott hasnt been good though especially since his Player of the match award vs Pigs.

Reply #112745 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bailey (85 points in fourth quarters, 19 games) scores more fourth quarter points than any other Pig besides Harvey (92 points in fourth quarters, 20 games). I don't think he lets down the team in crunch time.

Ya Ya Dia, with 10.8 PPG, would rank below Bailey in my books.

Bailey is one of only three Pigs with an assist per turnover ratio above 1.0, is hitting at 49% from the field (good for a guard), 45% from outside, and a respectable 83% from the stripe. His FT and 3P numbers are both top ten in the league.

He plays 32 MPG which is below nearly every other import. Besides his rebounding, he compares OK with someone like Rashard Tucker (14 PPG vs 15 PPG, 3.2 APG vs 3.7 APG, etc).

Reply #112748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Willie Farley

Reply #112752 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Both Kings imports seems very average. Elliott looked outright bad when I last saw him play. Scott was ok, can't hit a j to saving himself but I'd expect more from an import.

Thornton has the potential to be a shocker as well.

Reply #112763 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

You cannot be serious. Admittedly Farley has some bad games but when he is hot he is hot.
I am not a Farley fan but he is a lot better than most of the other imports suggested here.

Reply #112770 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Yep, but also a long way from the best as well.

Reply #112776 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

You only need one player not playing team D and you'll get 100 scored on you every time...and Farley is the one.

Reply #112782 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Isaac , in relation to Bailey the figures you mentioned whilst suprising I just wonder how much of that would be in junk time / or when the game is well and truly over. I have watched him time and time again when the game is in the balance and he turns the ball over. He can only score when wide open. Thats it...

Reply #112784 | Report this post

mike  
Years ago

(Mod: I know who you are.)

Reply #112808 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Thornton is garbage , make no mistake about that ,he has the build to play but has no skills except for wearing an Adidas headband with the logo upside down.

Reply #112828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if farley had to rely o defence to save his life he'd be dead

Reply #112923 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Definitely the razorbacks imports are the worst.The win/loss record proves im right.

Reply #114052 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Definitely the razorbacks imports are the worst.The win/loss record proves im right.

Reply #114053 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754