Isaac
Years ago

Boti's Ingles article today

"Right now I'm happy here in Melbourne. But Adelaide is home and I always wanted to play there. I guess when I'm older I'd like to finish my career there."
Full article
"I guess I had confidence in myself that I could do something in the league. A lot of people at the Dragons believed I could and with Shane being injured, I had some early chances."

Ingles debuted with 29 points at 73 per cent against New Zealand and is now a contender for Best Sixth Man as well, coming off the Dragons' bench.

"Shane and I have regular conversations and he runs stuff for me," Ingles said.

"He also gives me defensive roles. With a guy like him supporting me, I don't see any reason to be nervous."
The article also notes that Goorjian has earmarked him as an inclusion in the next Boomers squad.

He might not be a 36er, but I know many South Australians follow his progress keenly.

Topic #9865 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Yeah eveyone wants to finish their career here. Adelaide is the retirement village of the NBL.

Reply #112764 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Makes sense to finish your career in Adelaide. If you had a choice and your old would you rather Goorj's training sessions(boot camp) or Phils training sessions??

Reply #112765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide is the retirement village and Phil Smyth is more than happy to recruit the old players and still give them court time over the young potentials

Reply #112768 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Kudos to Shane Heal for helping a young player like this. Phil should take notice.
From this I am reading there is no possible way that Jingles will be in a 36ers uniform in the near future. (3-5 years)

Reply #112772 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Kinda stands to reason, he is contracted for next season and wants to be in the NBA after that. If his career trajectory goes as he intends it, there won't be much room for a Sixers singlet in the closet.

Reply #112777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also in other words , i dont want to play for sixers until they get a new coach

Reply #112791 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

How the hell do you get that out of that article anon?

Seriously, next Christmas ask Santa for a clue!

Reply #112798 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Yogee - Santa hasnt delivered you one yet so why would he give one to anonymous?

Reply #112914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754