Isaac
Years ago

Memphis fires Fratello

The Memphis Grizzlies and coach Mike Fratello have agreed to part ways. Read more: ESPN article.

Memphis have a league-worst 6-24 record though they have had Pau Gasol out for much of the season to date.

Who's next? (No Phil Smyth jokes please!)

Topic #9884 | Report this topic

philnaldo  
Years ago

Fire the Bucks coach for basically ignoring that Bogut is on the court ,and trade one or 2 of their dribble happy guards while we're at it.

Reply #112976 | Report this post

Knackers  
Years ago

Isiah should coach them, Memphis could use a big of that 'fighting spirit'

Reply #112978 | Report this post

Bob Knight  
Years ago

Good move for all involved. He's one of the best colour men going around along with Doug Collins and Hubie Brown.

As Marv Albert would say "Good to have you back Cazar"

Reply #112982 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Who's next? (No Phil Smyth jokes please!)

PHIL Jackson?

Reply #112985 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

philnaldo, you are aware that the Bucks are on a 6 game winning streak (their first since the 2001/02 season)!

Doc Rivers at Boston has to be on borrowed time.

Reply #112990 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Yes but as soon as it ends it'll be back to bad habits and taking 20footers with 1 left on the shot clock due to dribble crazy guards.

Reply #112993 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Phil Smyth. And Im not joking....

Reply #112995 | Report this post

unit  
Years ago

Rivers will be gone by next season... to be truthful i don't see any coach whos in the Atlantic division feeling to confident about their job secruity next season.

At the moment Isiah is probably the best of them as the Knicks are playing some decent basketball at the moment....how long it will last is another thing.

Reply #112996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Philnaldo
have you watched many Bucks games. Bougut looks pass first, even when he is a cm away from the bucket. Hard to get shot attempts up with a reluctant scorer who is all finesse. The Bucks just won against the Spurs a couple of days ago on the road and are travelling nicely at the moement.

Reply #113011 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm thinking Sam Mitchell from the Raptors.....

Stotts has actually pulled his head out of his arse recently. He's was quoted in the media as saying in the last 6 or 7 games that Bogut has become the same as a quarterback. Bogut stated that recently he and Stotts are pretty much on the same page, and that Stotts is improving with his substitutions (can I insert a Phil joke here???).

Reply #113012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know he Australien and our NBA hope but have you watched many games. Bougut is at a crossroads early in his career. He could be a good player or a role player. Currently he is a role player. It has nothing to do with touches, minutes or coaching. He has to get better, stronger and play some D.

Reply #113015 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

First things first, spelling Australien like that should get you banned!!!!

Anon, you have obviously never watch a Bucks game. Bogut is so much more than a roleplayer for the team. The last 6 games or so Bogut is usually the player that starts the offence for the Bucks. Mo has been told to get the ball to Boges. Sit down and watch the two man game between Bogut and Mo....

Bogut along with Redd and Villa have been labeled the cornerstones of the franchise. During a recent media conference, Larry and Herb admitted that they told Stotts to get Bogut more involved, give him more shots, give him more time.

Bogut a roleplayer...... pfffttt

Reply #113016 | Report this post

Sam Mitchell? they're on top of their division (their division sucks i know) without the services of Chris Bosh for the majority of the season. The guy who needs to be fired is mike dunleavy... oh and of course doc rivers.

Reply #113021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boguts 3.2 assist per game come with 2.5 turnovers. He has similar numbers to say Udonis Haslim (HEAT) or David Lee (NYK) who are role players, that plays better D. I think at the moement he is a role player.

Reply #113045 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Ok, a boxscore jockey, I understand. By the way, ask ANY knick fan and they will tell you Lee is much more than a roleplayer, same as Udonis.

what is your definition of a 'roleplayer'???

Last time I checked a roleplayer isn't a player that is ranked 6thin overall in rebounding, plus averages 30 minutes per game and 10ppg. He's averaging a double double. Lee is ranked 7th in the league in double-doubles..

If that's a roleplayer in your books, what's does a franchise player has to do??? (and I'm not suggesting either are franchise players).

Reply #113048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must we all have the same opinion TR? Are we all only allowed to post positve things about Bogut. Why am I a boxscore jockey because I disagree with you or compare players. I have watched a lot of Bucks games and have not been impressed with Bogut.

Reply #113050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whoa ur saying Udonis Haslem and David Lee aren;t roll players? wow. who is a roll player then. I thought Udonis Haslem was the prototype role player. Rebound, Defend, hit open jump shots. Isn't that usually what role players do

Reply #113052 | Report this post

unit  
Years ago

I've always seen role players as one dimensional, as in they have one skill that makes them valuable to their team.

I.e Reggie Evans ability to rebound, Jason Kapono's ability to knock down 3 pointers....

Reply #113055 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No you don't only have to post positive stuff about Bogut. What this is a debate whether Bogut and Lee are roleplayers or something more.

I'm the first person to post stuff about Bogut being a pussy for the early part of the season. He began the season playing like a timid scared pussy, but the visit by his Aussie coach gave him a serious attitude adjustment and he's now playing like he played in the Olympics, he's now playing with passion and his new attitude is great. He's chest bumping Mo, involving himself with Redd and Villa and getting pumped up after a good play. He never did this early in the season, he had a shitty attitude and was being a sook.

Unit, you right, a role player is someone that pretty much only has one skill, and your examples are spot on. IMO a role player is someone that plays 10-18 mins a game and the team doesn't need for them to perform to win. If Lee didn't perform the Knicks wouldn't have the record they have now, he's a major piece of the Knicks (and yes, I really rate Lee).

Reply #113068 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I always thought that Oliver Miller was a great roll player. ;-)

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/1009/photo/miller_sq.jpg

Reply #113097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know sumone mentioned doc rivers in boston being on borrowed time but honestly i know there not playing that well now but for bostons sake changing the coach wont solve their problems...

Reply #113305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754