Anonymous
Years ago

Farleys Efforts.....

Soooo.........what did everyone think of Willies efforts in the game against Perth on NYE?? Personally I think he was the difference and played some pretty good defence?!?!

Topic #9913 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was it the sleeve????

Reply #113261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he didnt have Phil on his back the whole night......Phil would get heavy after 48 minutes!!

Reply #113262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

contract time baby!

Reply #113263 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Willie is back... playing like he did at the beginning of the season.
Of course it helps when someone passes him the ball.

Reply #113273 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Now if he would get over his unwillingness to drive to the rim he'd be resembling his old self.

Reply #113274 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Welcome to the forums, Willie. (#9913)

Reply #113300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't it funny that when someone praises a players or coaches efforts under anonymous, someone else will put a post on implying they are either that player, the coach or part of their extended family!

Reply #113309 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

thankyou, willie's mum ...

Reply #113317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Point proven!!

Reply #113325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley is too inconsistent.. sure he might have a big game (and even win the games for the 36ers on those nights) but there are too many games when he doesn't play well - doesnt defend well, drops his head when his shots don't drop (instead of tryin to contribute in other ways, eg. assists)

he needs to be replaced at the end of the season.. there are many other imports out there who we can spend that kind of money on and will give more to the team

a few outstanding games here and there for the rest of the season shouldn't warrant us keeping him

Reply #113330 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The club should re contract him next season but for minimum salary. He then earns "commission" on an individual game basis based on the type of effort and achievement he made in that game. His salary for example could go from $50K to $150K. Now that would be an incentive to play well. Before anyone asks about the salary cap, you would have to include his maximum possible salary. If half or two thirds of the way through the season, he doesn't look like he will reach his maximum salary, that leaves extra under the salary cap to bring someone in for the last half or one third of the season. This would all depend on Farley's acceptance of the situation.

Reply #113332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Farley take a pay cut at the start of this season?

Reply #113334 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #113334, I'm not talking about a pay cut, I am talking about earning it. In fact a good incentive would be to give him a maximum salary which is greater than what he now has provided his performance justifies it.

Reply #113336 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think so. I was under the impression that his second year of the deal was greater and that left the club unable to retain Rychart, but I might be wrong.

EC, I would put everyone bar Brett Maher (administrators, coaches, players) on the same sort of incentive-based contract!

Reply #113337 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

It would be fantastic to get to two thirds of the way through the season and see that you have paid around $50-60K under the salary cap. You could then bring in a fantastic import (provided we only run with 1 import or write it into the contract that the imports you have will be let go at this stage of the season if they haven't performed) and let them push us through to the finals.

Reply #113339 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Sounds like what Port Adelaide offered to Byron Pickett and we all know how that turned out .....

Reply #113353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754