Isaac
Years ago

36ers vs Taipans, Wednesday night

Adelaide host Cairns this Wednesday, January 10.

Cairns are coming off an over-time win over the Breakers where they seemed beatable.

I think the 36ers would have renewed confidence and should get this one.

Your thoughts?

Topic #9964 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think we have a good chance comming off the win against melbourne and considering that the taipans record away from home is 2-10 we should have a really good chance.

Reply #113793 | Report this post

Camsurmo  
Years ago

6ers by 12pts 108-96 thats my prediction.
Adelaide can still make the playoffs if we can win atleast 4 out of last 9 games.
We Need to take care of buisness at home vs cairns. Also what i think is the biggest game of the year for the sixers at Singapore will test the teams will to win.

Adelaide 10-14

vs Cairns
at Perth
at New Zealand
at Sydney
vs Brisbane
at Singapore
vs Melbourne
at South Dragons
vs Cairns

Wollongong 8-14

at New Zealand
vs West Sydney
vs Townsville
at Brisbane
vs Sydney
at Perth
vs New Zealand
vs Singapore
at Sydney
vs Perth
at West Sydney

the hawks can probably get 5 wins to end the season which wont be enough if adelaide can get to 14 wins.
it very well could come down to the last game of the regular season.

Reply #113796 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

The Sixers will win this game because they'll have much more confidence now that they've beaten Perth and Melbourne. Not to mention Cairns' shocking road record.

Reply #113797 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

No point playing the game. Nick has confirmed the win for us, write it in.

Reply #113798 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

You work for a newspaper don't you Clark Kent? Why don't you write it in for us?

Reply #113810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the game at 7:10pm or 7:40pm seeing as it is not on Fox this week?

Reply #113814 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe it's at 7pm.

Reply #113817 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

A must win for the Sixer to make a play of run.

Reply #113818 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

Sixers will win wed by a few points,probably go to ot. i have not missed a cairns game scince back in the day and allot of them have been spectacular games.

Reply #113839 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

I just think it sucks that theres only 4 more home games to goto, so depressing. Unless of course they deicde to up the anti and goto the finals, been a while since Ive seen a finals series.

Reply #113857 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

You would think that continuing to play the way they have the last 2 games and beating 2 top quality teams, they could take it all the way in spite of their poor record so far. They have already beaten 3 of the top 4 teams, 2 of them away. They have the Bullets to beat in a couple of weeks and this will be the game that will be a real test of their stamina. If this is the point in the season where everything is turned around, not all has been lost so far. Its still annoying though to think about how poorly they have been this season. Why couldn't they play like this all the way through and really muster up confidence. They have left it to the point where every game from now on are critical games. That is a lot of stress to tolerate at a time when they should be mentally preparing themselves for finals. And yes Isaac, I would be happy to eat humble pie if they did win the championship.

Reply #113861 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Skudpud

If the Sixers make the finals, (note the 'if') they will finish at best in 7th. That means that to get a 'home' finals game we would have to win two elimination finals on the road.

Given that we have not been able to win an elimination final at home for the last 4 years, our chances of seeing finals action live is next to none.

Reply #113879 | Report this post

Camsurmo  
Years ago

Perth won 2 games on the road last playoffs to get a home final.
They beat the bullets in Brisbane and the Hawks in Wollongong.
Never say Never More than likely will play Townsville in the 1st round then Perth or Sydney in the 2nd.

Go Sixers if your playing well at the right time anything is possible.

Reply #113881 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754