Bo Hamburger
Years ago

US college team snaps 207 game losing streak

They only play Division III, but Caltech snapped a 207-game NCAA losing streak today: details here.

Titbits about Caltech and their win, their first since 1996:

- They thrashed a team called Bard College 81-52 for the win. Bard College? I smell Cupcake City, in the words of Dick Vitale.

- Their coach is a dude with the great name Roy Dow.

- It has 850 students, and 31 Nobel Prize winners have either taught or studied there (including Albert Einstein, who was a lecturer). It gives out no athletic scholarships.

- If you include non-NCAA teams, its losing streak was "only" 60. One's mind boggles at what might constitute a "non-NCAA" team - anyone have any guesses?

Topic #9966 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

powderpuff games?

Reply #113824 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

They better be careful the WSR are trying to take that record from them........

Reply #113825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, these guys are crap.

I coached a junior SIS (Sudanese Institute of Sport) team on a tour through the US 2 years ago and we beat these guys 127-57.

We made these guys look second rate as we made a mess of their defence by converting a number of spectacular alleys. It seemed like they were wearing cement shoes.

I can still remember clearly an up and under move that one of our best player's (Manute Bol XI) made against their dorky centre. He faked him out of his shoes then flushed it on his head and yelled "Barrrrr, your mumma"

Ah, the memories!!

Reply #113830 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Sorry, that last post was from me.

My internet fridge is playing up a bit and I've been meaning to get it fixed for ages but there is only one fridge mechanic in the whole of Sudan. This guy is flat out!!

Reply #113831 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Bo, NCAA teams sometimes play against teams from other conferences, NAIA for instance, I'm guessing this is the case here. Or perhaps some of the local high schools have taken them to task as well, or maybe some inner city street kids.

Reply #113862 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Thanks Billo. I'd like to think that the Caltech guys built basketball-playing robots who rose up and out-played their creators.

In other exciting news, I dreamt up the first question I'd ask their coach if I was the local Boti Nagy:

"How now, Roy Dow?"

Reply #113889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #347033 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754