Neptuneboy
Years ago

Country Cup next week

As most of you know the Country Cup is on next week in Albury again.
Obviously we can't talk about which players are going to do well, or anyone else involved under the age of 18.

Team info can be found at http://www.sacbc.basketball.net.au/_uploads/res/52_33176.doc

What does everyone think in general?

Topic #9970 | Report this topic

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Isaac, how do you insert a hyperlink in a thread?
Furthermore, how do you insert pics or other files?

Neptuneboy

Reply #113837 | Report this post

not isaac  
Years ago

<a href="http://whatever.com/blah">Insert link text here</a>

Reply #113842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring it on! Can't wait till Albury... Does it Really matter Who does Well? I Just think it's something that all Parents are Proud of for their Kid to be selected! Go watch the Games, soak it in!

Reply #113873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Albury is a great week for the players to develop and improve their game skills in high pressure situations. Look to see SA Country polling well in all age groups - reasonably strong sides selected this year with a lot of work and training being done over the holidays and festives season. Good too see the commitment by everyone, hopefully is rewarded.

Reply #113999 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Not just the players....The refs too! And also, some of the younger coaches!

Reply #114032 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Not just the players....The refs too! And also, some of the younger coaches!

Reply #114033 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Hey Matt Ryan, we haven't had a thread dedicated to you for a while.. i think it's about time again. I'm sure you have some nice north girls to gloat about or how about another inspirational speech..?

Reply #114134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The results thus far have been disappointing in part due to running two teams per age group.
Great experience agreed but maybe it's spreading the talent a bit thinly.

Reply #115618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Competed strongly in the U 14 ages but way off the pace in the older age groups.

Reply #115720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SAC have sent two teams per age group male/female (40/age group)for quite some time. U/14s have been doing really well this year. One of the teams ?U/14G were playing off for a spot in the GF this afternoon and other teams have been unlucky with some of their losses.
Too thinly spread, disapointing? - the kids (coaches and refs) are there for development too remember -and by all reports so far - they are all having a great time too. Next year there is a possibility of expanding the concept. Will one view it as the "talent" being further diluted or will one see it as an opportunity for more kids be given the chance to compete at the next level?

Reply #115722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I can see some of your points are well made but losing and winning are habits to get into asap and creating even teams as seems the case only makes losing a habit.
Im for expanding it and giving more kids a go but selecting on an A , B,C format where your A team is just that.
I know this is only a pre runner for state selections but in the 16 and 18 age groups you could have had very competitive teams in each age group rather than 2 ordinary ones.
Im glad to hear you are thinking of expanding it next year. Maybe now you'll pick up more of the talent that exists in country areas that didnt get a look in previously for a multitude of reasons.

Reply #115748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Country Cup was developed to give country athletes the opportunity to compete against their peers from throughout regional Australia. This event is an important (but not exclusively) part of selecting current and future state teams in all age groups as well as developing and giving exposure that these athletes will take back to their respective associations. Many teams in the past from other states have finished middle of the road at this event but have medalled at the National Champs the same year.
SA Country teams have compiled more wins over the week total than in previous years. Yes, there were a few losses - there always will be - they are an inevitable part of the game - but from this week I think SAC are looking better than ever with a good network of coaches and potentially some teams that collectively will be successful at National Championship level over the next few years.

Reply #115778 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Some good results in the younger grades with the two U14 girls teams finishing undefeated in the minor round and one team taking out the cup.

The U14 boys were also very strong with one of the teams placing second. The U16 boys Sharks got the bronze also.

Reply #115914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a first time parent attending the cup, i must say i was very impressed overall, the orginisation and the competition.

Results personally were fantastic, and the overall standard of all grades was very high.

Hopefully i'll be attending again if my daughter makes it, sometime in the future, its a fantastic week of BB.

Also in adding that my daughter had a ball, and made many new friends. The most important aspect.

Reply #115929 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

who nos david humphries?

Reply #173427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754